Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182870 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 193 The great escapes
« Reply #6360 on: October 15, 2016, 06:45:14 pm »

Turn 195

"...I was meant observe. Record. What am I doing?"

Viznor falls to his knees, mouthing some sort of prayer. This continues until he collects himself, at which time he gets the viscera off his claws and loots the new corpse.

-------------------------------------

Loot Kahel, then take samples of the various magics that have been thrown around. Pieces of the fractal things, one of those chaotic stones or something, doesn't matter as long as it's easy to carry. PM stuff afterwards.

Viznor had a minor mental breakdown and proceeded to gather loot on automatic. He grabbed valuables off the corpse, collected a bit of fractal sulfur broken off by explosion and a bit of the huge stone ring, also broken by explosion. There was little left to do here that he hadn't already done. Some distance away from him, cloud of blood congealed into Ilium. It was a strange sight, like seeing someone disintegrating in reverse.

Doktor Diabolical:

*facepalm*

Doktor Diabolical facepalms. Then he gives an order:

"If you are not doing anything I told you do at any given time, do what you think I would implicitly want you to do instead. And no, you cannot attack me."

Doktor Diabolical then sighs, and makes 3 Robots essences.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The problem with bots was that they did not think. At least, not enough to be able to figure out what Doktor would do. As such, they all froze up and fell to the ground. Doktor resumed his facepalm.

Return to the tower while making 3 essences.

Skeliborn abandoned watching the firetree. Nothing unusually unusual was happening there and he had work to do. His allies had finished their preparations and were waiting for him in the tower. The gates were still open and he passed through.

Modify seeds further: Take over central nervous system.

Tiny veins of green popped on the seeds as Shias modified them further. The plant would now actively seek out a nervous system and incorporate it. It wouldn't do anything with it, not yet, but tearing it out after it ate the nerves would be equal parts excruciatingly painful and cripplingly debilitating.

Have the eagle attack Easter, then pull him back into the tree while biting him

Easter attempted to rise to the sky after the remaining eagle, knowing well that if he killed it the phoenix would be unable to deal with his reflexes. But the grip holding him was too strong, the eagle rose lazily out of his reach... before diving down to him. Easter spun, almost dislocating his arms but spearing through the eagle with his stinger. Yet there was no time to celebrate. Beak of the phoenix closed down around his upper right arm, biting through muscle and latching on. Still, Easter managed to remain away from the fire vents for now.

Attempt to exit.
If egress is impossible, increase the chance that the following action will succeed, then attempt to cut a hole with the antimagic qualities of the stiletto, then attempt to exit.

Gambler approached the purplish wall of the dome. He experimentally extended an arm through it. It went through with no problem, without even causing any strange tingly feelings. He stepped through it, and emerged on the other side entirely untroubled. Whatever this barrier was meant to stop, people was not it.

((The "sense for death" part of that action was actually supposed to be a spell.))

Search for corpses. If one is found, animate it using [+1/+1], [+1CMP].

{I thought that it might had been intended to be a spell, but decided that you'd probably wouldn't had made 4 essences afterwards if it was.}

Redrum looked around for corpses and found none. It was strange for a place where wizards were fighting, but then again, maybe not. The giant tree that was spewing fire everywhere might have something to do with that. That left possibly long dead underneath the earth. Redrum reached out with his senses below. there wasn't a corpse below. But it was angry. Earth exploded outwards as a figure bearing a shovel emerged. It was covered in thick clothing an a lamp on a stick was raised above it's hunched figure. It gripped a shovel tightly with both of it's hands. Gravekeepers were spirits that usually inhabited graveyards, keeping dead buried and unmoving.

Steal it all. Waltz out.

Duritarum grabbed lead sheets, he counted eight of them, and went back into the corridor with a spring in his step. He moved with in unmistakable waltz step, somehow avoiding shadowy limbs rising from the walls and attempting to grab him. As he moved forward the limbs became more desperate, moving in stranger patterns, attempting to grip where he would be in a moment, growing stranger forms and moving generally swifter. They all failed as Duritarum danced his way back to the sandy part of the corridor where he entered. As he moved out of the range of the last of flailing limbs, he heard a shriek come from seemingly all around him. All the torches he had lit winked out, returning all that wasn't illuminated by his staff to darkness.

Wake up and prepare to head toward the geysers.

Cuberac ordered his spy cube return to him and left the frozen lands. He passed the tundra and returned to grasslands, where he looked back towards the entrance portal and the scene there for the first time. Gargantuan fire spewing tree stood there, surrounded by a purple dome with a ring of purple orange and blue on top of it. It was probably fine.

(I can't think of anything to do, so...)

three essences

Chorkinaan waited with Surg as Skeliborn returned back to the Tower. Skeliborn had a new sword, but did not posses an expression of someone who got what they wanted. Well, such things happened. Now the would finally be able to continue their plan.

((Unglamorous seems to be quite an accurate word to describe Khozek..))
"..I think I could do with an ally on my side. My magic is entirely theoretical, after all." Khozek thinks out-loud.
Notice the man named Shias, try to get his attention and attempt to strike up a conversation about an alliance with him. Make sure he knows I mean no harm as I approach him.

EDIT: Scratch that, Look for Karnax, as he shows strong potential for an alliance.

Khozek looked around for a articular person. That particular person was standing not too far away from the fire tree, within the dome that covered it. He seemed to be dodging fire from a salamander. He was quite successful in that, though there was some doubt as to the actual value of an ally that could not keep control of his own minions.

{You seem to have forgotten to PM me your Affinity. No essence roulette until I know what to do when you fail.}

Portal flared to life again, seemingly unaffected by the strange things happening around it and spat out a shriveled up monk. The monk was known as Ao the Enlightened and he was feared among the mages. There were three reasons for this. One, he had considerable magical power. Two, nobody knew what spells he used, which meant none had survived them. Three, he could deliver speeches about morality that painted anyone against him as someone with soul forged of pure elemental evil.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:34:53 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 195 The dead return
« Reply #6361 on: October 15, 2016, 06:53:31 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Why am I even bothering with these... aggravating... undiabolical... actually, scratch that. These robots are incredibly diabolical in their frustrations of me. Perhaps it's deliberate? Anyways. One more shot!"

Doktor Diabolical attempts, once more, to improve the bots intelligence, this time using his +2/+2 chaotic essence. If it doesn't go well, he clutches his head in frustration and runs off in a random direction. If it goes well, he jumps for diabolical joy. Regardless, assuming he's not in danger, he will make 3 Robots essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6362 on: October 15, 2016, 07:13:37 pm »

I forgot to mention it but the next update will be on either Wednesday or Thursday after which I'll return to the usual schedule.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6363 on: October 15, 2016, 07:26:19 pm »

Noted affirmative of the affinity. Also, map is... Uh... Really outdated? (No mages show there, at all)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6364 on: October 15, 2016, 09:28:55 pm »

Questionable as the ally may be, he could still be worth it. After all, Khozek thinks to himself, the Grand Equation has concluded I would find an ally of importance here..

Attempt to manipulate the geometry of the salamander, suddenly and violently inverting its dimensions with the goal of ripping it open from the inside out.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6365 on: October 16, 2016, 01:07:11 am »

Ah, Skelliborn, you're back. Ready to get started?

Try again at liquefying those forks into the bottle.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6366 on: October 16, 2016, 08:26:34 am »

Ah, Skeliborn, you're back. Ready to get started?

Try again at liquefying those forks into the bottle.
I'm ready. Although I would like to see if the tower has a blacksmith room we could use. If there is one then it may include tools that would be useful to mold the physicality material with.
3 essences while searching for a blacksmithing room in the tower. If I don't find one, return to where Chorkinan. If I do find one, return to Chorkinan and show him the way there.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:04:59 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6367 on: October 16, 2016, 11:44:20 am »

Noted affirmative of the affinity. Also, map is... Uh... Really outdated? (No mages show there, at all)

Accidentally uploaded clean map. Fixed.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6368 on: October 16, 2016, 11:45:38 am »

Merge those calming herbs with the seeds so the seeds will completely calm down the thing whose nervous system it highjacked. To make them docile zombies doing what the plant wants, just like that one real life fungus which infects ants.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6369 on: October 16, 2016, 12:12:47 pm »

I'm ready. Although I would like to see if the tower has a blacksmith room we could use. If there is one then it may include tools that would be useful to mold the physicality material with.
3 essences while searching for a blacksmithing room in the tower. If I don't find one, return to where Chorkinan. If I do find one, return to Chorkinan and show him the way there.

I'll help you look. I'm absolutely itching to get started.

Follow Skelliborn and assist in his search for a blacksmithing room, while still doing the aforementioned fork-melting.

Merge those calming herbs with the seeds so the seeds will completely calm down the thing whose nervous system it highjacked. To make them docile zombies doing what the plant wants, just like that one real life fungus which infects ants.
((I think the word you're looking for is cordyceps.))
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:14:25 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6370 on: October 16, 2016, 03:13:13 pm »

Redrum's lips stretched into a sinister smile as the disturbed spirit appeared. He enjoyed making new friends.

Corrupt the gravekeeper, binding it to my will. [+1/+1]

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6371 on: October 16, 2016, 03:19:14 pm »

((I think the word you're looking for is cordyceps.))

((I think you are right.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: October 16, 2016, 03:20:55 pm »

Skelliborn and/or T.O.A.M., are you sappin' mah sentry ritual to try to power your soon-to-be-created flying fortress? You've been awfully secretive lately...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6373 on: October 16, 2016, 05:03:56 pm »

Skelliborn and/or T.O.A.M., are you sappin' mah sentry ritual to try to power your soon-to-be-created flying fortress? You've been awfully secretive lately...
((Not I; I've just been busy with school stuff.))
Stand inside the tower and make 4 essences
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6374 on: October 16, 2016, 05:49:06 pm »

((I haven't done any pmned actions since your ritual began. And most of my recent actions have just been essence grinding))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 506