Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180497 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 197 Fresh Spring air
« Reply #6435 on: October 26, 2016, 08:52:32 am »

Fire a bolt of fire at the sheet. I'll have its secrets!

{I believe there is some miscommunication here. You can read the scrolls, provided you do so out loud and read the entire scroll. It's like spell scrolls. But not written by wizards. And the magic might not be magic. And the spells are too violent to be written on anything weaker than lead.}
Read the scroll then. Try not to die. Whoops.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: October 26, 2016, 09:40:05 am »

{I believe there is some miscommunication here. You can read the scrolls, provided you do so out loud and read the entire scroll. It's like spell scrolls. But not written by wizards. And the magic might not be magic. And the spells are too violent to be written on anything weaker than lead.}

((couldn't hurt to put a strikethrough on your last action.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: October 26, 2016, 11:36:30 am »

((have you considered Soul/Spirit affinity yet? I'm fairly sure you get Ki attacks, plus you can rip people's souls out in order to get easy shards...))
((I had a vision of mages locked in eternal soul struggle, exchanging and absorbing souls of others while slowly losing their own (You absorb 2/6 of X soul, but he grasps 1/6 of yours in the ensuing struggle!). One might make a game out of it, but it would require some harsh anti-union measures.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: October 26, 2016, 12:39:13 pm »

Confiscate the gravekeeper's shovel and lantern and inspect the latter in case it's enchanted or something. Walk to the grey dead tree hex near the swamp. Look around and make 4 essences.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: October 26, 2016, 01:04:35 pm »

((If we go into technicalities, it's not even your body what I want. What I really want is, you know, those shards... Could you perhaps donate few?))
((If you wanted the shards of eternity you probably should have just tried trading))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: October 26, 2016, 01:42:08 pm »

((If we go into technicalities, it's not even your body what I want. What I really want is, you know, those shards... Could you perhaps donate few?))
((If you wanted the shards of eternity you probably should have just tried trading))
((He means the soul shards, 5 of which you can't part with until you die.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: October 26, 2016, 02:18:33 pm »

((Well obviously he meant soul shards but my character has a history of trading words at his opponents))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: October 26, 2016, 02:48:06 pm »

((I haven't really paid attention what others have been doing since the great dragon escape.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: October 27, 2016, 06:35:51 pm »

Turn 198

((That chair is the real MVP of this game, I swear.))
Grab the set and orb and get out. Weave a quick self-enchantment to decrease the chance of harm due to environmental or area effects, using a 2 +1/+1, one 1/+2, and a Chaotic +2/+1 essence.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gambler looked around and saw flecks of pollen swirling about. He deduced immediately that this was a phenomena best examined from a distance and paused his breath. He grabbed onto his new loot and fled the Tower as fast as he could. The walls began to flow about as he ran, but the effect subsided as he passed through the gates.  There he fashioned a spell to prevent this from happening again, or at least decrease the chance of it.

Move to Blake.

Cuberac moved to the east, but stopped to observe a fellow mage. It was Blake Thorne, the demonologist. There was something off about him, though it was hard to place what exactly. He was not doing much otherwise. Maybe that was the strange thing, how still he was.

"I assume that wasn't exactly far enough, Karnax? Don't worry, I'll fix it in a moment, just let me calculate a few things."

Two essences.

Khozek was not particularly satisfied with his spell. It was a good spell, especially for one cast so quickly, but it was hardly a barrier he wanted it to be. It would take some preparation, but he would make it better.

((... oh wow. Jace isn't going to be happy.))

((Do remember what happened with boozemage.))

"Heh! My diabolicalness sense is tingling. I think somebody just pulled something utterly DIABOLICAL! If I ever meet him, I'll have to give him a diabolical pat on the back, then turn him into one of my diabolical robot henchmen. Now then. Time to... perhaps this isn't the best place to start building a diabolical lair."

Doktor Diabolical gets moving. First, he attempts to summon a robotic bicycle using a +1/+1 essence, if available. If that works, he uses it for his next step. If it doesn't work, he has his mini-bots take the result apart. Afterwards: he heads northwest, then southwest, one hex each. And he makes two essences, if possible. He also makes sure his minions follow him.

Doktor, having collected the workforce for lair making, decided he needed some transportation to get to the right place. Being an environmental evildoer, despite his choice of power, he conjured a robotic bike. It was a good bike, chrome plated, autorolling and with a navigational system, but it had one flaw. By it's size it was meant for someone who was about twelve years old.

Duritarum began to read the scroll and dust fell from the walls as the ground rumbled. Duritarum continued to read the scroll and was forced to blink as blood filled his eyes. When he reopened his eyes, he was on the ground, his head hurt as if he had fallen face first and the lead sheet had partially melted. The undamaged part of the sheet was now static, the runes unchanging and entirely meaningless. Duritarum rolled on his back and groaned as his headache intensified. He checked himself over and found that his nose was broken. Which meant that the headache was probably all magic as his nose took the brunt of the fall.

{Broken nose, Headache(-1CMP next turn)}

Confiscate the gravekeeper's shovel and lantern and inspect the latter in case it's enchanted or something. Walk to the grey dead tree hex near the swamp. Look around and make 4 essences.

Redrum ordered Gravekeeper to hand over it's lantern and shovel. It handed over the shovel with reluctance, but as it unslung it's lantern from it's spot, the spirit vanished. Fading laughter scattered to the winds as lantern flame vanished, leaving an empty bronze lantern, ordinary in all ways. It took a moment for Redrum to figure out what happened. The shovel and the lantern were what signified the Gravekeeper. Without them, it was not a spirit of graveyards, and as such, the binding no longer applied. Still angry, Redrum walked off to the edges of the dead trees signifying the beginning of the swamp. The swamp looked the same everywhere, and smelled the same everywhere. But worse still, so much of it was dead. Any search spells here would be hard pressed to find something he could use.

Switch back to phoenix form, then breath fire on Easter and try to pin him to the ground

Easter jumped back on his feet and launched himself at Seva. His mandibles were stretched wide but they bit only flames as Seva transformed back into phoenix. Easter did not hit Seva though, his arc took him over phoenix, and Seva followed up with a bout of heat blast from his mouth. Easter was forced to jump as soon as he reached the ground but he dodged it. Two mages returned to a stalemate, but Easter had an advantage. Soon, his regeneration would return and start repairing what damage Seva managed to do to him.

I've got a bad feeling about this. According to my sixth sense for mockery, somebody responded to my saying "what's that smell" with a statement of "the smell of victory." I'm going to try something, but if it doesn't work, we'd better clear out. Hopefully we can find this forge again after the situation blows over.

There's a dangerous dust in the air. Attempt to take hold of the pollen/spores/dust and increase the material weight of the specks making up the cloud so that they harmlessly settle down away from Skelliborn and my breathing orifices. Essences used: 2 chaotic +1/+1, 1 chaotic +2/+1, 1 regular +1 cmp, 1 regular +1 pot. If this succeeds and the air in the room (and out from the room enough that the room won't immediately become dangerous again) becomes safe to breathe, seal the entrance airtight by creating a single solid block of generic physicality material which covers all the cracks, using a chaotic +2/+1 essence. If the plan fails, grab Skelliborn, grumble under my breath about having to leave the perfect casting environment, and GTFO the tower.

Assist the spell:
Essence usage:
5 Blade essences +1/+1

Chorkinaan and Surg looked over Skeliborn. More precisely, Chorkinaan looked over Surg and Skeliborn. Surg was finding something very interesting on the walls. Skeliborn was writhing on the ground and trying to chase away the invisible spiders that afflicted him. Chorkinaan was feeling fine. He was feeling so fine that he began to wonder if he was hallucinating being fine. He decided to risk it, and cast a spell that forced all pollen down onto the ground. It fell and covered the floor in yellowish powder. But the magic remained, and whenever any of the white flowers in the room coughed out more pollen that pollen was forced down again. The room was safe for now, though he'd need to wait for his comrades to recover.

((That, my friend, is smell of victory. Assuming it works, of course.))

Locate first affected "victim" and drop seed of friendship into their mouth. If tower defenses are preventing that, then "save" them by dragging them outside and trying again.

Shias looked around searching for any afflicted by the pollen. Ilium was standing just there, completely still with his mouth slightly agape, staring into infinity. Ah, just the man. Shias walked over to him and pushed one of the zombie seeds past Ilium's lips. To his great surprise, the seed fell straight through Ilium. To his greater surprise, an arrow hit one of the roots still in his body and got stuck in it, covering Shias mind in incoherent buzz. He turned around and saw Ilium holding a bow, seemingly unaffected by the pollen. This was going to be trouble.

{Shias, mind buzz, -1CMP for next turn.}

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 198 Fun for all involved
« Reply #6444 on: October 27, 2016, 07:13:02 pm »

((Holy crap! The one guy who could help rolled a 6 on END and an 8 on LUCK! Talk about a lucky break!))

Oh, right, persistent aura type spells. I always forget those are a thing. Thank you, chaos.
I don't know HOW I didn't notice those white flowers earlier.

Make sure Surg and Skelliborn's faces are away from the floor, unless they actively and/or violently resist my efforts to do so. Once they've been reminded to sit up...
Is the forge lit? If yes, pick up a hot coal with tongs and systematically burn the flowers pumping pollen into the room. If not, light the forge, and then do the burny stuff if there is time. If it won't slow me down, make two essences. If I get to the point that I'm about to burn the last flower, grab some of its pollen in a makeshift container first.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 07:54:22 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: October 27, 2016, 07:45:59 pm »

((Quick question DG? Would it be possible to use the sword of summoning nearby objects to send messages back in time so as to warn my character of Shias's plan (So that I leave the tower beforehand) before it is put into motion?

If time travel is a no, would it be possible to summon the pollen out of Skeliborn?))
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 07:48:12 pm by star2wars3 »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: October 27, 2016, 08:00:12 pm »

((Quick question DG? Would it be possible to use the sword of summoning nearby objects to send messages back in time so as to warn my character of Shias's plan (So that I leave the tower beforehand) before it is put into motion?

If time travel is a no, would it be possible to summon the pollen out of Skeliborn?))

((No to the time travel. Yes to summoning the pollen. However, Skeliborn is the only one who knows this sword exists and there is a good chance it could summon more than just the pollen.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: October 27, 2016, 09:23:59 pm »

((No to the time travel. Yes to summoning the pollen. However, Skeliborn is the only one who knows this sword exists and there is a good chance it could summon more than just the pollen.))

((Considering Skelliborn is currently non-consensually high off his ass on Shias' pollen of doom, I'm honestly not sure he'd take that into account.))
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:27:14 pm by ironsnake345 »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: October 27, 2016, 10:00:35 pm »

((Just so you guys know, I'm the one attacking Shias. Ilium is (presumably) still the one who he failed to zombie-plant, though. I'm not intangible just yet.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any help you guys feel like giving. The faster I wrap this up, the sooner I can help Jase get the pollen situation under control.))
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 10:27:58 pm by Whisperling »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: October 27, 2016, 11:13:26 pm »

Karnax gazed at the pollen that floated out of the tower. Clearly, someone was attempting a mass-murder.

Normally, Karnax would leave the tower alone, but this someone had recently rejected an offer of alliance from him. He decided to interfere out of spite.

Previous turn's action: Renew my fire-protection spell and extend its effects to Mallos.
This turn's action: MOAR POWAH into the ritual. Allow it to increase the temperature of the surrounding area again; I shall burn this pollen until it is nothing but ash.

I wouldn't be so sure about that...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 506