Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163994 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 200 Dicentury
« Reply #6510 on: November 04, 2016, 11:28:29 pm »

... When did this place even become a crater? Go around and move further west.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: November 05, 2016, 01:09:18 pm »

Redrum frowned and gestured at the corpse again, more forcefully this time. The necromancer was getting impatient.

Try to raise the dead again, adding +1POT +1CMP  of extra juice to the spell. If it fails, throw a necromantic doom tantrum by means of essence roulette. Otherwise, hand the shovel to the new drudge, order it to start digging somewhere else and make 3 essences.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: November 05, 2016, 04:27:40 pm »

"That will never happen, hat magician. I need more power to protect forests and this is where power can be found."

Modify pollen to automatically adapt to state of any magican near it.  As in physical near wizard in physical state, aetheric near wizard in aetheric state, and so on.
Essences used:
+2/+1
4 +1 POT
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: November 05, 2016, 04:41:27 pm »

4 Essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6514 on: November 05, 2016, 04:51:02 pm »

"Hrph. So be it.
While Shias is casting his spell, convert his root armor into immobile spellseal glass. Use a +1/+2 essence and a +2/+1 chaotic essence.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6515 on: November 05, 2016, 05:13:18 pm »

Curse the flower network with unresponsiveness. (3 +1/+1 essences)

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6516 on: November 05, 2016, 05:20:22 pm »

Small phoenix attacks Easter, with fire breath if it has it
Then grab Easter and fly up
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6517 on: November 06, 2016, 02:32:40 pm »

"What a marvelous opportunity..."

Gaze upon the stars. Lose myself in the view.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6518 on: November 06, 2016, 03:54:03 pm »

Silence Shias.  +2 CMP.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: November 06, 2016, 04:15:57 pm »

Turn 201

Doktor Diabolical:

"I've always wanted to say this... STRIKE THE EARTH! Diabolically!"

Doktor Diabolical orders his miner-bot to dig a spiral staircase straight down. While that's happening, he creates(-1) a robotic attack drone(-1 for flying?) that will obey his orders(-1). He uses 2 +1/+1 essences, a +1 CMP essence, and a +1 POT essence on that spell. Afterwards, he makes 2 Robots essences.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Drone bit into the earth and soon chunks of grassland were sent flying. First few steps were created in moments and then drone disappeared beneath the earth. Doktor, seeing that his input was not required, at least for the moment, began conjuring another drone. Unlike all others before it, this one was meant for combat and brimmed with many sharp edges. A small propeller on the top kept it airborne and allowed it to move fast enough to make good use fo those knives and axes stacked onto it.

Make sure he's not going to get back up somehow, and loot those shards.

Cuberac approached the slumped down Blake intending to finish him off, but it turned out that Blake was more used to concussions than he let on. Swiftly, he turned on his back and blasted approaching Cuberac with hellfire. Or he tried to. Flames did not go far from his hand, preferring to fry the flesh that conjured them. Cuberac exploited this chance and swung his bladecube at Blake again, but he hit only ground as Blake was swift despite his injuries.

Khozek suddenly looks like he has had an epiphany.
"Wait, Karnax. Don't answer that question, I have a brilliant and highly dangerous idea.

Attempt to use a human-sized spatial tear to contact myself from the closest alternate dimension,expending my essence in the process.

Khozek conjured a portal, a portal that bent space towards nowhere, a portal that sought out himself that was thickness of a shadow away. It did not work out well. The portal began spewing out sparks of magic and plasma, before winking out entirely. There was only a small pit where portal claimed all nearby matter before winking out.

... When did this place even become a crater? Go around and move further west.

Duritarum sneaked northwest around the crater quietly. Whatever had caused the crater was unlikely to be something healthy to encounter. The crater probably had something to do with the gargantuan beholder that was around here previously. Did the mages succeed or was the whole area wiped out by a greater foe? Duritarum had little desire to check.

Redrum frowned and gestured at the corpse again, more forcefully this time. The necromancer was getting impatient.

Try to raise the dead again, adding +1POT +1CMP  of extra juice to the spell. If it fails, throw a necromantic doom tantrum by means of essence roulette. Otherwise, hand the shovel to the new drudge, order it to start digging somewhere else and make 3 essences.

Redrum gestured again, and this time the mud lost the tug of war over the corpse. It rose, shambling, was handed a shovel and instructed to dig. It took a bit until it actually started, as it was very stupid. Stupid and slow, good enough for digging but not much else. Still, it beat doing work himself, so Redrum began gathering more power for more minions.

4 Essences

Skeliborn waited as his wound finished regenerating and began gathering power. This sword of purity took a bit of power out of him and he wanted to be ready for the time of the ritual. With closed doors and burned flowers, there shouldn't be any more interruptions, so they would begin soon.

Curse the flower network with unresponsiveness. (3 +1/+1 essences)

Gloomier did not enjoy the hallucinations very much. He disliked t so much, he decided to be unlike any other mage in the tower and do something about it. Flowers were hidden behind aether screens now, but that was a minor inconvenience. Curse spread out through the system, bringing wittering and sluggishness to whatever spells commanded them.

Small phoenix attacks Easter, with fire breath if it has it
Then grab Easter and fly up

Easter charged at Seva, trying to catch the neck of the phoenix in between his mandibles, but the firebird proved swifter. As the mini-phoenix distracted Easter again, Seva managed to catch Easter by his foot and rose into the air, dragging Easter with him.

"What a marvelous opportunity..."

Gaze upon the stars. Lose myself in the view.

Ao gazed upon the stars. He could had used the telescope but the sky was so clear he didn't really need it. There was a sort of balance in the stars, they moved through the sky unchanging, as something much greater than whatever could be happening down here. Which was true in a way. What really resonated with Ao were the constellations. They were nothing like what he saw from the temple, and yet they still contained same power.

{Celestial empowermentx5: Consumable, increases any roll by 1, must be used before roll.}

"That will never happen, hat magician. I need more power to protect forests and this is where power can be found."

Modify pollen to automatically adapt to state of any magican near it.  As in physical near wizard in physical state, aetheric near wizard in aetheric state, and so on.
Essences used:
+2/+1
4 +1 POT

"Hrph. So be it.
While Shias is casting his spell, convert his root armor into immobile spellseal glass. Use a +1/+2 essence and a +2/+1 chaotic essence.

{@XXXXYYYY/Gambler You only have luck essences, they don't work on glass spells.
@TheBiggerFish/Magus N.A. You have no combination of essences that would result in 2CMP and nothing else. It surprised me too. +1 was used instead.}

Shias began forging a spell to deal with those pesky mages once and for all, but others were swifter. Viznor dove out of a wall and this time caught Shias with both hands, sinking his claws into Shia's head. Poison spread swiftly, clouding Shias mind, but it was not nearly as damaging as the spell Viznor channeled through the claws. Wood and flesh around the claws disintegrated into yellow glowing dust, which seemed to disrupt Shia's mind even more. Other two mages added to the effort, Gambler turning few pieces of wood armor into glass and Magus producing another shockwave of Silence that liquidized walls and scattered Magus himself. Magus resumed his human form, which was rather torn up now, possibly as a result or violent reversal. It would not matter to Shias, as he was almost entirely catatonic by now.

{Shias: Poison,Mental overload, END roll to resume thinking, -1/-1 to casting.}
{Magus N.A.: Torn up, bleeding(4 turns till death (Will heal from tower aura before death))}

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 201 Combat for all
« Reply #6520 on: November 06, 2016, 04:16:41 pm »

PM's come tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6521 on: November 06, 2016, 04:27:15 pm »

4 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6522 on: November 06, 2016, 04:38:01 pm »

((Shias... Using five weak essences, knowing well it is akin to death sentence in his circumstances. Why? And why I did not notice it earlier?

Yet another properly murderous mage prepares to bite the dust. And I still need some more revelations about nature of the world to take his place...))

"Unexpected fortune is always the most pleasant."

Ao smiled at his luck. What else could he wish for if the world was so generous to him? Oh, right. A rejuvenated body. He has spent far too much time lately practicing his mind and forgoing even the basic bodily needs, such as eating and sleeping, for a while.

Sit in meditative pose, regulate breathing and start the ritual.

Goal: Permanent Celestial Empowerment of the Body (all four stats).
Sacrifice: One Celestial Empowerment..
Will [Buff enchantment] sacrifice work? No sacrifice? If I'm wrong on both accounts - 4 essences and continue exploration while ethereal.

Add 3x +2 POT and 2x +1 POT on the first round of the ritual.

((It is very hard for me to fail rituals thanks to ridiculous luck that follows me in this incarnation.))
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 06:43:34 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6523 on: November 06, 2016, 04:51:26 pm »

Woah, I kinda zoned out for a moment there. Back to preparing for the ritual, then? I'm ready to start whenever.

4 essences
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6524 on: November 06, 2016, 04:59:43 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Odd! Diabolically odd! Still fairly nice, though. Oh well. More drones!"

Doktor Diabolical creates(-1) another robotic attack drone(-1 for flying, again?) that will obey his orders(-1). 3 +1/+1 essences, 1 +2 POT essence. Afterwards, he makes two essences.

Digger bot keeps digging the staircase, other bots idle.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 506