Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181071 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 201 Combat for all
« Reply #6525 on: November 06, 2016, 05:33:11 pm »

Three essences.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: November 06, 2016, 06:30:20 pm »

Fly higher, then dive. Make sure Easter hits the ground first and fast, don't care if I hit too, shouldn't hurt too much
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: November 06, 2016, 09:58:03 pm »

"..Yeah, well that could have gone better. Or worse. But I'm not giving up on this just yet."
Khozek turns to his strangely idle partner with a slight frown on his face and then turns back to refocus on the task at hand.

Three essences. If I am to succeed in Project: Funny Valentine, I need better calculations.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: November 06, 2016, 10:48:03 pm »

Yet another properly murderous mage prepares to bite the dust. And I still need some more revelations about nature of the world to take his place...))

((Don't suppose you could wait until the second mage council for that? I actually meant to start one via conference spell on turn 200, but it didn't work out, for obvious reasons.

And yes, I know this is kind of stretching things, but I think it would be mutually beneficial in that:

A) I probably don't have to deal with you, and
B) You probably don't get slaughtered instantly.

For any who don't remember the brief discussion about the council, the idea is for peaceful folks and mass murderers to reach some sort of understanding. A few relevant people expressed interest, so I figured I'd go ahead and do it.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: November 06, 2016, 11:51:13 pm »

((What happened to the anti-violence aura here?))

Resume thinking or die trying.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: November 07, 2016, 12:08:41 am »

((What happened to the anti-violence aura here?))

Resume thinking or die trying.

((Got turned off and then fried by ATHATH. I do intend to fix it, but there's really no telling when it's going to come back online.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: November 07, 2016, 02:00:06 pm »

Keep trying to crush him.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: November 07, 2016, 03:56:16 pm »

Sacrifice: One Celestial Empowerment.

Celestial empowerment is not an actual object, and thus, can't be a sacrifice.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: November 08, 2016, 11:41:15 pm »

Berius.

I knew I should have suspected you. Sapping my portal's mighty close to a declaration of a mage war. For now, I'll remain silent, but know that if Shias hadn't been defeated yet, your actions would have provoked me into entering the conflict on his side.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: November 08, 2016, 11:54:50 pm »

Yet another properly murderous mage prepares to bite the dust. And I still need some more revelations about nature of the world to take his place...))

((Don't suppose you could wait until the second mage council for that? I actually meant to start one via conference spell on turn 200, but it didn't work out, for obvious reasons.

And yes, I know this is kind of stretching things, but I think it would be mutually beneficial in that:

A) I probably don't have to deal with you, and
B) You probably don't get slaughtered instantly.

For any who don't remember the brief discussion about the council, the idea is for peaceful folks and mass murderers to reach some sort of understanding. A few relevant people expressed interest, so I figured I'd go ahead and do it.))
((I'm all for the council, actually. Conversing with mages of different alignments and world views is always fun. Until someone tries to kill the gathered in some ingenious way.

As for beneficial things, Viznor is slowly but surely becoming a justice-powered omnicidal maniac. The earlier he perishes, the better for the game as it was intended  :P ))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: November 09, 2016, 06:04:34 pm »

((Sorry 'bout the incorrect essences.))
Converts bits of Shias to glass, leaving the glass attributes up to chance. Hope for a dangerous blend of types.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: November 09, 2016, 11:55:03 pm »

@Starting Essences: I think that +10/+10's worth of essences is a bit too much. I think 5 +1/+1 essences is a good amount for starting essences.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: November 10, 2016, 12:21:51 am »

@Starting Essences: I think that +10/+10's worth of essences is a bit too much. I think 5 +1/+1 essences is a good amount for starting essences.
((+10/+10 = three to five turns spent on conjuring essences, nothing else. Essence grind is boring and anything allowing you to start with waging a small war/crafting some great equipment, is a good thing. +5/+5 is a mere turn~two of repetetive grind.))

Sacrifice: One Celestial Empowerment.
Celestial empowerment is not an actual object, and thus, can't be a sacrifice.
((Thought otherwise. My mistake. Corrected a turn somewhat.))
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 06:49:16 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: November 10, 2016, 05:36:34 pm »

Turn 202

4 essences
Woah, I kinda zoned out for a moment there. Back to preparing for the ritual, then? I'm ready to start whenever.

4 essences
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skeliborn resumed his preparations as before the whole pollen fallout and was joined in this by Chorkinaan. Surg remained on the floor, seeing and experiencing gods knows what. The two wondered about what he could be seeing and if it was worth using the blade on him, but decided against him. A rude awakening might not end well.

((Shias... Using five weak essences, knowing well it is akin to death sentence in his circumstances. Why? And why I did not notice it earlier?

"Unexpected fortune is always the most pleasant."

Ao smiled at his luck. What else could he wish for if the world was so generous to him? Oh, right. A rejuvenated body. He has spent far too much time lately practicing his mind and forgoing even the basic bodily needs, such as eating and sleeping, for a while.

Sit in meditative pose, regulate breathing and start the ritual.

Goal: Permanent Celestial Empowerment of the Body (all four stats).
Sacrifice: One Celestial Empowerment..
Will [Buff enchantment] sacrifice work? No sacrifice? If I'm wrong on both accounts - 4 essences and continue exploration while ethereal.

Add 3x +2 POT and 2x +1 POT on the first round of the ritual.

((It is very hard for me to fail rituals thanks to ridiculous luck that follows me in this incarnation.))

{Buff is also not an object. No sacrifice would technically work, but it would have to deal with 33% chance of fail with each turn. So not really.}

Ao left the observatory and ventured out into the tower again. This time he paused as he found a room that was fully furnished. It was unusual in this place, which is why he paused by it.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Odd! Diabolically odd! Still fairly nice, though. Oh well. More drones!"

Doktor Diabolical creates(-1) another robotic attack drone(-1 for flying, again?) that will obey his orders(-1). 3 +1/+1 essences, 1 +2 POT essence. Afterwards, he makes two essences.

Digger bot keeps digging the staircase, other bots idle.

Doktor conjured another bot, but this one turned out damaged. Doktor was going to say that it was damaged because there was no way he actually wanted a bot this lopsided. The propeller was positioned on the left and a way-too-heavy blade was hung on the right. This caused the bot to fly in circles whenever it tried to move, or just stay still in the air.

Three essences.

Gloomy returned to his meditation, content that there would be no interruption again. And if there were, well, he would educate them thoroughly on why that was a bad idea. But for now, whatever was happening was happening outside of this room and therefore, irrelevant.

"..Yeah, well that could have gone better. Or worse. But I'm not giving up on this just yet."
Khozek turns to his strangely idle partner with a slight frown on his face and then turns back to refocus on the task at hand.

Three essences. If I am to succeed in Project: Funny Valentine, I need better calculations.

Khozek looked over his friend who seemed to be swearing at thin air. Was it related to how he hasn't been doing much in past few minutes? Maybe. But it mattered little, he was going through with his own plan no matter what.

Fly higher, then dive. Make sure Easter hits the ground first and fast, don't care if I hit too, shouldn't hurt too much

Seva rose into the sky and rushed back into the ground. The impact sent a small rolling out, and sent air out of Eater's lungs. But he flew at a rather low speed, and the damage of the dive ended there. But Eater had had enough of this. He bent to his captured limb and bit into Seva's leg with his mandibles. He bit through the flames, heedless of the damage to himself. At last, he fell as the last of the flames connecting Seva's claw to the rest of him was severed.

{Seva has lost one of the claws in Phoenix form}

Keep trying to crush him.

Before Cuberac could get at Blake again, his enemy charged, grabbing onto Cuberac and dragging him to the ground. As they fell, Blake clipped Cuberac's solar plexus, nearly paralyzing him, but he failed to make use of it as the fall made his head spin again. Concussions were not that easy to shake off.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 202 Half of gameplay missing
« Reply #6539 on: November 10, 2016, 05:38:44 pm »

Shias battle and PM's come tomorrow since I wasted too much time in post-election debates.
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 506