Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182962 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 203 The wolf comes
« Reply #6570 on: November 13, 2016, 06:11:52 pm »

PM's come tommorow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: November 13, 2016, 07:39:58 pm »

Ok. Finally have a decent amount of essences stored up. I'm ready for the ritual now.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: November 13, 2016, 07:58:57 pm »

((I'll post an action this time, I swear!))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: November 13, 2016, 08:35:32 pm »

Let's try stabbing him with the dagger.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: November 13, 2016, 08:47:08 pm »

((I'll post an action this time, I swear!))

((You still have time to send a secret action. Which you can technically reveal to the rest of us, if you like, it just has to get processed with the PMs. We Tower people do it all the time.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: November 14, 2016, 09:40:24 am »

((Well, that's something for me to remember.))

Doktor Diabolical:

"Eh? What in the blazes happened down there?"

Doktor Diabolical sends the lopsided bot down the stairway to investigate what happened. Mainly by seeing what happens to it. After that, he attempts to magically reassemble the digger bot's scrap, and he makes 2 robots essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: November 14, 2016, 11:27:18 am »

Filtiarn

Place a totem here, another next to tower of wizards (with +1/+1 essence), and move one hex south east towards that weird purple hex.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: November 14, 2016, 04:13:47 pm »

I am ready as well. Let's get this ritual kicked off! But quick question: Are you okay with me using chaotic essences? I find a bit of chaos can make for a very useful spell!

Begin twincasting a ritual with Skelliborn. Goal: create a measure of liquid metal to fill the capped-off pipe I've prepared, which should remain within the pipe until the wielder wills it to spill forth, at which point it will flow out into the shape of a sharp solidified blade, holding that form and remaining attached to the end of the pipe until the wielder commands the liquid to return to its container. The liquid should be very resilient when in blade form, be able to assimilate itself back into the greater mass should a part of the blade be sundered, and be able to form different blade shapes as the wielder wills it, assuming there is enough liquid to physically create such a shape.

Sacrifices: bottle of liquid stone, bottle of melted forks, steel knife.
Foci: the capped-off pipe, the forge.
Essences for this turn: three +1/+1, one +1 POT.

((Is it possible to change the plan a bit before the ritual ends? Like, decide partway through to cast a slightly different spell in the end?))
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 01:38:39 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: November 14, 2016, 07:51:54 pm »

((Is it possible to change the plan a bit before the ritual ends? Like, decide partway through to cast a slightly different spell in the end?))

No, once you're locked in, that's it.

So the votes are mostly in and it seems that people are seriously split over this issue. So, uhh... revote? With options being various amounts of starting essences since yes kinda won?

I'm not sure here, could I get some reasons from the "no" side? Since it was a tie for a long time and I want to hear why. Are people worried that someone might start suicide characters with never before seen effectiveness? Disrupting the cease fire upon entering that is generated by having no items and good chance of spell fail? Not being sarcastic here, I could see that being a legit worry.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 08:04:25 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: November 15, 2016, 11:43:10 am »

I voted no because it would give new mages a relatively big advantage over someone like me, who is kinda new.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6580 on: November 15, 2016, 11:46:11 am »

((I voted no because of what Vishdafish said, and because entering with nothing really enforces the whole "cease-fire upon spawning in" thing. Nobody can create suicide characters to continually wound the cast, and everybody has to spend a fair bit of time preparing before starting any big rituals. Plus, spawncamping really hasn't been an issue, has it?))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6581 on: November 15, 2016, 12:04:36 pm »

((I voted no because it sets a bad precedent for power creep. Allowing others to come in with pre-made essences is unfair to the rest of us who took the time to make our own. It diminishes the importance of the preparation and growth in power that those of us who have been in the game for a while have damn well earned. Hell, if you allow the essences someone will probably try to get you to allow spawning with one magical item, or more stats or something. It's a slippery slope. And I also agree with vishdafish and ironsnake. Not spawning with essences would keep people from making suicide characters or character created to hamper specific individuals. If people don't want to get killed or feel too weak on spawning, then they should go away somewhere to get stronger. You know, the exact same thing people have been doing since the game started. Quite frankly, I'm not in favor of changes that buff new characters without giving any benefit to those mages who have already been established.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6582 on: November 15, 2016, 01:39:36 pm »

Redrum examined the beast's remains with glee. Once raised, it would make a pet fit for a deathlord.

Animate the hydra corpse using [two +1POT] and [two +1CMP] essences. Craft 3 new essences afterwards.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6583 on: November 16, 2016, 03:40:27 am »

"Quill... To write my name into history or to strike it out? Lets see."

Take the quill. Experiment a bit in writing if it does not reveal its purpose immediately. If unharmed, continue tower exploration + 4 essences.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6584 on: November 16, 2016, 06:20:47 am »

I am ready as well. Let's get this ritual kicked off! But quick question: Are you okay with me using chaotic essences? I find a bit of chaos can make for a very useful spell!

Begin twincasting a ritual with Skelliborn. Goal: create a measure of liquid metal to fill the capped-off pipe I've prepared, which should remain within the pipe until the wielder wills it to spill forth, at which point it will flow out into the shape of a sharp solidified blade, holding that form and remaining attached to the end of the pipe until the wielder commands the liquid to return to its container. The liquid should be very resilient when in blade form, be able to assimilate itself back into the greater mass should a part of the blade be sundered, and be able to form different blade shapes as the wielder wills it, assuming there is enough liquid to physically create such a shape.

Sacrifices: bottle of liquid stone, bottle of melted forks, steel knife.
Foci: the capped-off pipe, the forge.
Essences for this turn: three +1/+1, one +1 POT.

Assist in the ritual. (No need to add essences this turn though since we're in the tower)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 506