Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181771 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 204 Traps and Treasures
« Reply #6615 on: November 19, 2016, 09:42:50 pm »

((Speaking of communication, what teams we have here? This time I may be interested of team playing.))

((As far as I know, there's:

T.O.A.M, which I believe consists of Skelliborn, James, Chorkinaan, Jigsap, Surg, and Nihilum.
The Tower, which includes Jase, Crimson, Viznor, Ilium, Gloomier, and Magus N/A.
And finally, a partnership between Karnax and Khozek, if you can really call that a team.))
((Gambler's in TOAM as well.))
Move to assist with the council spell. Make 4 more essences in preparation.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: November 20, 2016, 04:19:14 am »

((I find it interesting that only peaceful mages tend to gather in big groups. After that, they become a bit violent and tend to think they - and only they - can decide what exactly the term 'peace' means  :P
But, as already said, I'm all for the Council. If I'll manage to attend, since Tower wandering is just so profitable and interesting.))

"I feel like nature of the Universe is practically in my grasp now. Which means it would elude me for quite some time..."

Explore the Tower some more before deciding on a more concrete course of action. 4 essences.

((DG, can you add quill to my inventory? I'm quite amused at my luck this iteration...))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: November 20, 2016, 05:19:55 am »

((The conference spell sounds interesting, though it's not something my current character is likely to appreciate. How is it going to work?))

Redrum observed the hydra's graceless display of power without batting an eyelid, even as the shovel-bearer was ripped apart before him. The zombie slave would be replaced easily enough, but he was not yet done here.

Carry on with the animation process. +1CMP +1POT
2 essences.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: November 20, 2016, 01:25:24 pm »

Create 2 Essences
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: November 20, 2016, 05:23:30 pm »

((Alright, team T.O.A.M., gimme me excuse to join. ))
((!!science!!))
((IC excuse.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: November 20, 2016, 05:50:08 pm »

((!!science!!))
((IC excuse.))
((We actually can't invite you until we meet you IC so that most likely amounts to the council.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: November 21, 2016, 05:45:16 pm »

Turn 205

Try to remove the dagger, now. Blink back when I have it out.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cuberac pulled onto his dagger, but it was stuck firmly and Blake's bones won against Cuberac's muscle. Blake twitched when Cuberac pulled on the blade, but pain swiftly changed to anger and Blake placed another rune, this one on Cuberac's left arm. Both runes began to burn with uncomfortable heat.

Filtiarn
Make three essences and carefully observe this area.

Filtiarn looked around the place. The nearby fallout area of magic seemed mostly settled, some floating dust and sulfur fractal sculptures aside. There was nothing else overly interesting around. Or so it seemed. As it happened, the underground had not entirely settled here, and a new geyser explosively broke through just under Filtiarn. He was tossed aside by the explosion, but most of the stone shrapnel either missed him or bounced off without any further damage. It was not too bad, but it was a reminder that this place was not overly safe.

((!!science!!))
((How about the fact that being in a big guild like T.O.A.M. makes it easier to organize large rituals and acquire more swag sooner. Also if you join now, once we create are massive flying headquarters you will get quick transportation across the map via the teleportation system we plan on putting on board. And if that hasn't convinced you if you join now within the next 15 minutes we'll throw in some low quality sword shaped toothpicks we found in our next door neighbour's garbage can.))
Continue with the ritual:
Sacrifice: Diamond edged carbon sword

Whilst wondering what the hell happened to that one sacrifice despite the fact that a mystical Goldilocks would have approved of that last minute of ritual casting, Continue the ritual. Essences this turn: 1 chaotic +2/+1, 2 regular +1/+1

{So with retroactive added sacrifice and fixing previous mistake and also losing 2 sacrifices this turn, you have a total of 2 sacrifices remaining.}

Chorkinaan and Skeliborn continued pouring power into the ritual and the form they were filling scattered, but remained fine, power was still contained and not leaking. It had changed form, improved it somehow. Or at least so they hoped, as two sacrifices burned up at once.

Doktor Diabolical:

Doktor Diabolical abruptly realized the issue with his plan: he didn't have a clear visual on the enemy. All he knew for the moment was that it had an orange limb. Building a sight projection drone would take a bit too much time and power. Thus: area of effect attack. Thus: flamethrower. Doktor Diabolical uses the scrap from the miner bot(0 for using what's already there) to make a flamethrower(-1) bot that obeys his orders(-1). 3 +1/+1 essence and 1 +1 POT essence expenditure. Then he has it flame the stairway pit. If he has spare time, he makes 2 robots essences.

Doktor reshaped his miner drone with magic, and learned a few important lessons in the process. The first one was that magic can't always replace having actual parts, and second one was that there is really better choices of uncertainty than flaming ones. The drone belched smoke. It leaked sparks. There was a rusted pipe in front of it, possibly the flamethrower. It waddled off towards the pit, fell in and exploded, setting the pit ablaze. There was a shrill scream from the pit, and sound of earth being moved very quickly.

((Speaking of communication, what teams we have here? This time I may be interested of team playing.))

((As far as I know, there's:

T.O.A.M, which I believe consists of Skelliborn, James, Chorkinaan, Jigsap, Surg, and Nihilum.
The Tower, which includes Jase, Crimson, Viznor, Ilium, Gloomier, and Magus N/A.
And finally, a partnership between Karnax and Khozek, if you can really call that a team.))
((Gambler's in TOAM as well.))
Move to assist with the council spell. Make 4 more essences in preparation.

Gambler didn't need to move far, he was already in the Tower and he wasn't even all that far from the council chambers. The only real question was wether or not he should bring the lucky chair back into the room. It did save him last time council meeting happened.

((I find it interesting that only peaceful mages tend to gather in big groups. After that, they become a bit violent and tend to think they - and only they - can decide what exactly the term 'peace' means  :P
But, as already said, I'm all for the Council. If I'll manage to attend, since Tower wandering is just so profitable and interesting.))

"I feel like nature of the Universe is practically in my grasp now. Which means it would elude me for quite some time..."

Explore the Tower some more before deciding on a more concrete course of action. 4 essences.

((DG, can you add quill to my inventory? I'm quite amused at my luck this iteration...))

Ao continued exploring the Tower, but what he found this time was nothing. He arrived at a dead-end, a corridor with nothing connected to it. Well, with the labyrinthine construction of the Tower occasional dead-end was to be expected. Ao idly rapped his fingers over a wall while taking a momentary rest. Except there was no rapping and the fingers sunk into the wall with no obstruction. Ao carefully pushed entire hand through the wall, and then tried the same with his head. What he found was a bar, filled with bottles and barrels and chairs.

((The conference spell sounds interesting, though it's not something my current character is likely to appreciate. How is it going to work?))

Redrum observed the hydra's graceless display of power without batting an eyelid, even as the shovel-bearer was ripped apart before him. The zombie slave would be replaced easily enough, but he was not yet done here.

2 essences.

Redrum threw some more power at the dead hydra and another head rose from the mud. This new head seemed confused, or possibly hungry, as it began trying to eat one of the other heads. Soon, two heads were trying to bite each other off, and other two were turning to see what what happening.

Create 2 Essences

Khozek was frustrated by the lack of success he was having. Parallel dimensions were not all that complicated of a concept, but he was unable to reach them. If only other he would help out a bit.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 205 Congregation begins
« Reply #6622 on: November 21, 2016, 05:46:43 pm »

PM's come tomorrow.
DAPARROT's turn will also come tomorrow as I had some doubts about vishdafish's action.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: November 21, 2016, 06:00:24 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Well, that worked. I suppose. Though I don't think the creature is dead yet... odds are it'll attack me from below."

Doktor Diabolical converts his boots into robo-boots that can be used for skating, hopefully helping him to evade the creature. Afterwards, if he isn't attacked, he makes 3 essences. If he is attacked, he sics his attack drone and cubebots on the attacker.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: November 21, 2016, 06:17:29 pm »

Fire another, brighter flare.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: November 21, 2016, 06:38:48 pm »

((I wouldn't say that- T.O.A.M. has remained peaceful, and the Tower usually only intervenes when people want to mess with our stuff and/or are likely to become a major headache, in which case we'll consider killing them or ensuring get-power-quick schemes don't get off the ground (see: not letting someone who explicitly wants to raze and/or capture the Tower have access the fire portal).

Anyway, you should be able to explore and attend at the same time. The point of this spell is to create what is essentially a magical skype call. Possibly a permanent system, if we can get the power.))

2 essences.

((As I said above, we're basically going to invent wizard skype. Possibly with fancy systems to make it look like everyone is gathered in the council room. This is to prevent the Dwen incident from repeating itself, and to make things generally easier for everyone involved. (Read: no commute).

Redrum is free to participate or not, but I suggest he does. If nothing else, he probably would like to have a say in the council's decisions.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: November 21, 2016, 07:29:25 pm »

Switch back to attempting to smash his head with the bladecube.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: November 21, 2016, 07:37:11 pm »

((While I had refrained from giving out any information about team Tower to keep from putting a target on the backs of our "weaker" members, I suppose now would be a good time to share a bit of information. I'd like to point out that Jase did not approve or condemn the killing of Kahel. WhIle members are free to pursue their own goals, the few things that are guaranteed are that we will protect our own, we will support each other, and we will bring our full might down upon any who threaten the Tower or try to abuse it for their own gain. Since nobody has appeared to pick up on it, I will make it explicitly clear: Do not threaten the Tower or our interests and we will not have to hunt you down and slaughter you like an animal. Because at the point we have to get involved, it isn't about the shards we'd get from killing a mage.))
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 10:18:55 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: November 21, 2016, 10:52:12 pm »

((I feel like my essences aren't being properly updated...))

Continue the ritual despite this setback! Essences this turn: 4 +1/+1
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: November 22, 2016, 12:07:43 am »

"Karnax, you're doing that weird thing again where you just stare into space, so let me say this; I am going to explore the surrounding area a bit. Maybe I'll find something that can conduct my dimensional influence.. if you need me, give me some form of signal with that fire magic of yours."

Set off towards the southwest, wary of any signs of magic in my vicinity
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 506