Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163766 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 205 Congregation begins
« Reply #6630 on: November 22, 2016, 03:06:41 am »

Filtiarn doesn't particularly like strong smell of sulfur here. Have to move quickly, get preparations done.

Create new totem here (essence: +1 POT), move onto hex in southeast and create another (essence: +1/+1)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: November 22, 2016, 06:20:47 am »

((I feel like my essences aren't being properly updated...))

Continue the ritual despite this setback! Essences this turn: 4 +1/+1
continue the ritual: 3, +1/+1 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 204 Traps and Treasures
« Reply #6632 on: November 22, 2016, 01:49:20 pm »

Back to phoenix form, burn the wasps

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seva turned back to his phoenix form. Magic was not helping and he had immediate problems to deal with. He breathed fire on approaching wasps, burning them to crisps instantly. Or that was what he expected to happen. What happened instead was that the wasps melted slowly, too slowly to get all of them. Some wasps reached Seva and began eating his flames. They were few in number, but they were alive and some were seemingly attempting to lay eggs. Down below on the ground, Easter attempted to conjure some more but the few that appeared attempted to bite him instead and broke their mandibles on his armor.

I'm getting a lot of unrelated PM's. Did I get everyone's actions?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: November 23, 2016, 02:25:58 pm »

"Ah. A magical bar. What an unusual occurrence... Another test of luck, it seems?"

Look through the bar contents. Taste some samples if they seem magical enough - I have no need for mere alcoholic drinks. Add regular 4 essences on top, possibly conjured while being drunk.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: November 23, 2016, 03:00:39 pm »

3 Essences
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: November 24, 2016, 01:43:39 pm »

Council spell, which should come into effect next turn:

As I said, this is essentially wizard Skype. Use knowledge magic to detect the locations of every [player-character] mage, on or off the island, and set up a communication network which records their voices and surroundings. These feeds will essentially be put together and magiced to create a "video" of everyone in the council chamber, which appears as a sort of "screen" in front of each mage. That should be an actual, light-based screen, by the way. Mind magic is just asking to be hijacked.

Should anyone offer to help, use the yes/no book to confirm their good intentions (and show them my own, for that matter), and assuming everything checks out, take full advantage of their assistance. If we have two or more mages, including myself, I feel it is quite possible to make this a system which recharges once every twenty turns. For now, anyway, we'll definitely improve it later. Halve this number for each mage beyond the second.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to put essence use. Use 3 +1 POT and +1 CMP knowledge essences, and two knowledge essences +1+1.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 10:37:59 am by Whisperling »

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: November 24, 2016, 02:35:27 pm »

Weave puppeteer bindings into the corpse as a whole, properly restraining the active heads under my control and (hopefully) mobilising whatever remains to be animated. Essences used: [+1/+2][+1CMP]

2 new essences if stuff gets done without any unexpected hitches.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: November 24, 2016, 02:43:37 pm »

Sorry guys, no turn today again. I'm considering moving both turns by a day in the week for until next year, when I'll hopefully be done fighting with Unix and Webdesign.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: November 24, 2016, 03:48:06 pm »

Council spell, which take full effect next turn:

As I said, this is essentially wizard Skype. Use knowledge magic to detect the locations of every [player-character] mage, on or off the island, and set up a communication network which records their voices and surroundings. These feeds will essentially be put together and magiced to create a "video" of everyone in the council chamber, which appears as a sort of "screen" in front of each mage. That should be an actual, light-based screen, by the way. Mind magic is just asking to be hijacked.

Should anyone offer to help, use the yes/no book to confirm their good intentions (and show them my own, for that matter), and assuming everything checks out, take full advantage of their assistance. If we have two or more mages, including myself, I feel it is quite possible to make this a system which recharges once every twenty turns. For now, anyway, we'll definitely improve it later. Halve this number for each mage beyond the second.

Assist with the spell, perhaps examining the glass orb to provide some further help with shaping the viewing portion of the spell. Assuming the recharge is being added, add a decent chance of the recharge happening substantially quicker. Use 4 +1/+1 essences, and one each of the +1 to CMP and POT essences for the spell in total.

If I misread and the spell isn't being cast this turn, make four essences instead.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 04:36:03 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: November 24, 2016, 04:06:34 pm »

Council spell, which take full effect next turn:

Assist with the spell, perhaps examining the glass orb to provide some further help with shaping the viewing portion of the spell. Assuming the recharge is being added, add a decent chance of the recharge happening substantially quicker. Use 4 +1/+1 essences, and one each of the +1 to CMP and POT essences for the spell in total.

If I misread and the spell isn't being cast this turn, make four essences instead.

((Yeah, you read that right. The idea is for the effects to start next turn, possibly with a little "an image of everyone in the council chamber appears before you" nudge at the end of this one.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: November 24, 2016, 04:36:31 pm »

((Yeah, you read that right. The idea is for the effects to start next turn, possibly with a little "an image of everyone in the council chamber appears before you" nudge at the end of this one.))
((Ah, thank you.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: November 25, 2016, 10:38:46 am »

((Edited essence use into my previous post. Oops.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: November 25, 2016, 07:13:33 pm »

Turn 206

Doktor Diabolical:

"Well, that worked. I suppose. Though I don't think the creature is dead yet... odds are it'll attack me from below."

Doktor Diabolical converts his boots into robo-boots that can be used for skating, hopefully helping him to evade the creature. Afterwards, if he isn't attacked, he makes 3 essences. If he is attacked, he sics his attack drone and cubebots on the attacker.

Doktor, awaiting reappearance of the creature, decided to reshape his boots into more advanced, skating optimized form. Maybe the very premise was flawed, but the end result was that his boots merged and extended, trapping Doktor's feet in a thick sheet of leather, rendering him unable to go anywhere. It could had been worse, but the creature did not burst out of the ground so the situation was merely embarrassing as compared to lethal. This was the problem of in-battle enchantments, you never knew if they would actually help.

Fire another, brighter flare.

Duritarum fired off a bright flare, red light reflecting from nearby fetid pools. It shone brightly in the sky, visible form anywhere where sky could be seen. This one too, was entirely ignored by anyone seeing it.

Switch back to attempting to smash his head with the bladecube.

Cuberac attempted to bash Blake once more, becoming more and more furious at unsuccessful execution attempts.  Blake on the other hand was fighting for his life with full force. The cube nearly missed, hitting Blake's shoulder and cracking bone beneath. It was not enough to impair the demonologist and he managed to place a third rune, this one on Cuberac's left leg. The marks burned now, each glowing with unholy light.

"Karnax, you're doing that weird thing again where you just stare into space, so let me say this; I am going to explore the surrounding area a bit. Maybe I'll find something that can conduct my dimensional influence.. if you need me, give me some form of signal with that fire magic of yours."

Set off towards the southwest, wary of any signs of magic in my vicinity

Khozek abandoned Karnax. His ally/convenient meatshield was probably thinking about something really deep and did not want to be disturbed. Or that was what Khozek hoped, the alternative that his mind was eaten by horrific creatures between dimensions summoned by Khozeks's tampering with the borders of worlds was rather bad for one's sanity. There was little magic to distract Khozek on his way and he soon found himself in the middle of a swamp.

Filtiarn doesn't particularly like strong smell of sulfur here. Have to move quickly, get preparations done.

Create new totem here (essence: +1 POT), move onto hex in southeast and create another (essence: +1/+1)

Filtiarn placed a totem in a puddle of liquid, where it would be best capable of doing it's purpose. There was a faint sizzle, and then the totem slowly sank into the puddle. It was nearly-boiling acid. This seemed like a really good time to leave, so Filtiarn did. The nearby magic fallout field seemed considerably safer. He placed another totem there. This was much safer.

((I feel like my essences aren't being properly updated...))

Continue the ritual despite this setback! Essences this turn: 4 +1/+1
continue the ritual: 3, +1/+1 essences

{Anything in particular off about your essences?}

Skeliborn and Chorkinaan continued pouring power in the blade. The shape was becoming more and more undefined, but edges of the shape were sharp straight lines. They were connected by a whole cloud of strands, each vanishing in the main body.

"Ah. A magical bar. What an unusual occurrence... Another test of luck, it seems?"

Look through the bar contents. Taste some samples if they seem magical enough - I have no need for mere alcoholic drinks. Add regular 4 essences on top, possibly conjured while being drunk.

Ao picked one of the smaller bottles, but seemingly on a whim placed it back and took it's larger and fancier neighbor. It turned out to be simple beer. Ao placed the bottle back with slight disappointment. His spell escaped him, and possibly due to environment, nested in Ao's liver, enchanting it with ability to purge body of alcohol on command.

3 Essences

Magus N.A. was waiting. Some great magic was going on, he could feel it and he wanted to be ready to observe it. It was very likely to be important going on. There was little else to do here, though there would be a small part of accepting a connection of enchantment.

Weave puppeteer bindings into the corpse as a whole, properly restraining the active heads under my control and (hopefully) mobilising whatever remains to be animated. Essences used: [+1/+2][+1CMP]

2 new essences if stuff gets done without any unexpected hitches.

Redrum usually greatly approved of minions duking it out as it was amusing pastime to watch them, but this time there were other priorities. With a whip of his hand, fifth head rose from the mud and other four stopped fighting. Main body still struggled to get out, but a clawed foot, only made more dangerous by loss of flesh, was trying hopelessly to pull the whole out.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 206.-1 TBF
« Reply #6643 on: November 25, 2016, 07:14:48 pm »

Still swamped. Skype magic and PM's come tomorrow.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 206.-1 TBF
« Reply #6644 on: November 25, 2016, 07:30:53 pm »

Summon a cube of glowstone and continue to attempt murder.
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 506