Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182086 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 208 Battle of words
« Reply #6720 on: December 05, 2016, 02:53:52 pm »

I see six actions here. Will there be more?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: December 05, 2016, 03:15:44 pm »

Pick up where we left off with hydra reanimation, fuelling the spell with an additional [+1/+1] and [+1CMP]. Once that's done, observe the trapped soul. Has its prison forced it to revert its nature to that of a gravekeeper once more? Any chance of forcing some information out of it?

3 new essences.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: December 05, 2016, 04:25:39 pm »

5 Essences
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: December 05, 2016, 05:36:35 pm »

Boringly, 3 essences.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: December 05, 2016, 07:18:06 pm »

Turn 209

Cuberac decides to stop ignoring the screen, now that his work is finished.

Move to the Tower.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cuberac collected what he could and vent off towards the Tower. It was still the same as he ventured through the gates. There was more than safety provided here, stability was just as beneficial.

Doktor Diabolical:

"AHA. I have an idea."

Before getting to the task of making casting much more efficient: snow creation robot! That obeys his orders. 1 +1/+1 essence, 1 +1 CMP essence, 3 +1 POT essences. Afterwards, if he isn't attacked, he makes 3 essences. If he is attacked, he sics the attack drone and cubebots at his attacker. Also...

"You there! Up north! Guy with... is that a totem? Would you like to become one of my DIABOLICAL HENCHMEN?"

Doktor never made mistakes. Whatever he did, was entirely intentional or not his fault. The skis were fine, what was lacking was snow. And that was easily resolvable. Doktor conjured up another robot, this one specifically to make snow. It was like a giant fan with googly eyes taped on, and when it blew, snow few from it. Soon there was a decent patch of ground covered entirely in snow.

If I haven't made three essences this turn, make three essences.
Was this processed?

Three more essences.

Magus was waiting again. There was little of note happening around here, but that would change. the council drew neat lines and placed mages in neat boxes. It would break open soon enough.

Attempt to probe the mysterious area of ground, hopefully gathering the dimensions of any hidden room that may be below ground

Khozek attempted to probe the unknown place beneath the swamp. He found out this time, that the place was about thirty cubic meters in size and that it was clear of water. He figured this by watching about thirty cubic meters of water disappear in a dark hole that opened beneath. The probing shot had pulled out a chunk of the ceiling, opening the place up to the swamp.

I think we should launch the ritual now. This test was only to see if we could take our magic to a certain point and we have long since passed that point.
End the ritual with Chorkinan
Right. I'm sure I'll be able to take something from this, anyway. Recreating the result of this ritual should be much easier now that I've done it once!

Fire!

{Ritual POT:68 Of it chaotic:5 Sacrifices left:2}
Final Ritual POT:72 Of it chaotic:5

Chorkinaan reached out into the cloud of blades and pulled. The cloud reassembled in his hand into a blade of steel, seemingly entirely unimpressive in every way. Chorkinaan swung the blade around, feeling it out, and it felt like simple steel each time. Then Chorkinaan decided to do some posing and slashed with the blade while looking at a dummy standing in the corner. The dummy fell as sword passed it. The blade had somehow cut through at the exact line Chorkinaan saw, even though it was meters away. Skeliborn was able to explain, as he saw from the side that the blade extended about two meters without changing it's weight distribution at all, judging from how Chorkinaan didn't notice it.

Spoiler: Royalty (click to show/hide)

Pick up where we left off with hydra reanimation, fuelling the spell with an additional [+1/+1] and [+1CMP]. Once that's done, observe the trapped soul. Has its prison forced it to revert its nature to that of a gravekeeper once more? Any chance of forcing some information out of it?

3 new essences.

Redrum sent some more power into the Hydra and it began making some headway in getting out of the mud. It was still as slow as a sick tortoise, but it was going places now. The trapped spirit of once-gravekeeper was wailing, but not speaking. Possibly it swiftly forgot what it was before. It's what happens to most sprits once they are set free, and it seems that the gravekeeper was not particularly exceptional. Though, for some strange reason, Redrum's magic kept running away from him and scatering into sparks, so maybe not all was quite so unimpressive as he thought.

5 Essences

Gambler was also waiting for something to happen. The council left him some things to think about, so it wasn't all wasted time, but it came close. There was not much left to do, now that the arguments were over.

Boringly, 3 essences.

Filtiarn paused for a moment of rest. He wasn't tired yet, but it was better to take time for a breather now when there wasn't any danger breathing down his neck.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 12:07:32 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 209 Cocroaches
« Reply #6725 on: December 05, 2016, 07:50:32 pm »

Pocket Icebreath, conjure 4 essences, and venture out of the bar to continue tower exploration.

((Can I add this retroactively, so it could be processed on turn 209? Was waiting for discussion to continue))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: December 05, 2016, 07:52:03 pm »

Pocket Icebreath, conjure 4 essences, and venture out of the bar to continue tower exploration.

((Can I add this retroactively, so it could be processed on turn 209? Was waiting for discussion to continue))

Sure

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: December 05, 2016, 08:13:55 pm »

try to fix my arm (unbird it?), use 2 +1/+1 essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: December 05, 2016, 08:23:19 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Wonderful! Now, to business!"

How can a snowmaker bot be useful, you ask? One, making snow for skiing on. Two, making snow to put out fires. If the stairway has any fire left in it, Doktor Diabolical has his snowmaker bot spew snow into it until the fire's gone. If there's no fire left, the snowmaker bot instead gets to work on turning the area around Doktor Diabolical into a winter wonderland.

As for Doktor Diabolical himself: generally, you need hills to use skiis. Rocket skiis are an exception. Doktor Diabolical adds rockets to his skiis using a +1 POT essence and a +1/+1 essence, then makes 3 essences.

Also...

"Hello? Totem guy? Are you conscious?"

If totem guy tries anything nasty against Doktor Diabolical, he's getting an attack drone to the face and cubebots to the Achilles' tendons.
~~~
((Note: see below.
Was told to post here, so I'll just copy+paste what I said earlier:
Quote from: Chiefwaffles
The site's giving me a "The message body was left empty" error in a post where the message body is, in fact, not empty. The post body has 4,214 characters including spaces and I've definitely posted longer things before in the same thread. I also am unable to preview the post - pressing the Preview button appears to cause it to try to load the preview, then just load nothing. I think it has something to do with SMF 2.0.12 since this is a problem I'm just encountering today and I've posted nearly-identical posts in the thread in the past.

But the main reason why I'm equating it to SMF 2.0.12 is this post I found in a random forum while googling the error. Said post states "A new feature in SMF (2.0.12) which detects every single mistake in BBC tags ..." and claims that this mistake-checking feature is the source of the problem, and to remove everything that "gets it invalid" in order to fix it.

But I'm not really sure that they mean by "mistake" in this context, since I've checked and I couldn't find any typo'd bbcode.
The thread in which this is posted may be of help to you.))
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 08:28:17 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: December 05, 2016, 08:25:00 pm »

I think chaos touched the ritual a bit too much. We've gotten something which is a fair bit different from what was intended. Let me see...

command the blade to liquify back into its reservoir. Whether or not this works, I've created something which changes shape and (to some extent) state of matter according to the will of the wielder. Study the blade's substance with a simple probing spell, try and reverse engineer what I've just engineered.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: December 06, 2016, 05:26:06 am »

I'm having some strange stuff happening here.

ADDIT: Okay, for some reason the forum is refusing to recognize that the message box is not empty.

ADDIT2: I have tried some stuff, it failed, sent a bug report. Pastebin with turn is here: http://pastebin.com/9yWmTu7h

ADDIT3: I'll do PM's tomorrow when there's hopefully more than 2 of them.

Toady updated forum software recently and some people have had problems since then. This might be related.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: December 06, 2016, 12:11:19 pm »

So I deleted stuff until it worked and found that it was FoU's action that was causing problems, specifically the text coloring. He was using "shadow" rather than "glow", so I thought that was the problem. Turns out it's stranger than that.

Replacing "shadow" with "Glow" did not help. Removing glow did. Putting glow back on worked on the first sentence after I removed all "!" signs, but it did not work out for the second sentence even after removing all syntax.

Ah, coding. Why are you so fragile.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6732 on: December 06, 2016, 02:17:47 pm »

Form 3 essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: December 06, 2016, 02:33:29 pm »

Ao left the den of sin and returned to exploration. Usually, he would had found everything of interest, but Tower was a very unusual place. There was no end to wonders here. The wonder of today was a closed door. It was interesting because it was closed and locked and made entirely from stone, unlike anything else in this place.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: December 08, 2016, 01:30:56 pm »

5 essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 506