Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177018 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 210 And we're back
« Reply #6750 on: December 28, 2016, 02:32:13 pm »

((The most dangerous magical sword in this world is now named Royalty. It hits the target twice. No other rules apply.

I'm terrified of it.

Doktor Diabolical has expanded his production, and is now working towards [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] to reduce the cost of creating additional robots.
Parts fabricator robot and robot remote control visor.
Ao's been exploring the Tower. He's ridiculously lucky for some reason.

And lots of essence making has been done.))
Am I dead? How's the ritual going?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: December 28, 2016, 03:02:55 pm »

Commit suicide.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: December 28, 2016, 04:01:29 pm »

"What a curious weapon we have created... This blade is alive, its material shifts and grows, perhaps at its own will. What I couldn't do with such a substance... Well, if you can hear me, "Royalty," I offer you this ultimatum: Allow me to study what exactly makes you tick, and I promise that you will become a weapon of legend."

May I recommend testing on that training dummy over there? Oh and do remember to respect the sword.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 01:52:55 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: December 28, 2016, 06:23:00 pm »

Commit suicide.
Should the totem guy actually do this, Doktor Diabolical attempts to claim his shards.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: December 29, 2016, 01:31:05 pm »

4 essences.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: December 29, 2016, 04:34:18 pm »

Summon a glass needle imbued with a minor curse, as well as a chunk of solidified bad luck. Then make an essence.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 06:52:47 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: December 29, 2016, 05:19:50 pm »

Noticing that the debates over the screen network seemed to have died out for the time being, Ilium takes the opportunity to renew communications with a business partner.

"Gambler, do you copy? Still alive out there, I hope. Has any progress been made on that glassware I commissioned a while ago?"
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: December 29, 2016, 06:52:37 pm »

"Gambler, do you copy? Still alive out there, I hope. Has any progress been made on that glassware I commissioned a while ago?"
"I do indeed copy. There was a small mishap with the enchantments, but I'll have it for you in just a moment."
Add a strong enhancement onto the alchemy set, improving the chances of an alchemical process succeeding. 2 +1POTs essences, 2 +1 CMP essences, and 3 +1/+1 essences. Assuming the enchantment holds, make a +1LUCK ring (2 +1/+1 essences), then find Illium and conduct the trade.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 04:05:05 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: December 30, 2016, 12:10:02 am »

If I'm not already in the tower, go inside, make sure that there is nothing flammable nearby. Get a feather from my phoenix form and start a ritual, using the feather as a sacrifice. The purpose of the ritual is to enlarge the crystal phoenix to about the size of my phoenix form, and to give it any abilities mine has that it doesn't (mainly fire breath if it doesn't have that). Boost the ritual with 5 +1/+1 essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: December 30, 2016, 05:53:43 am »

"Excellent! Meet me in the Tower courtyard once the work's done."

Carry out business with the Gambler as indicated below:

1 soul shard in exchange for an alchemy set with base +1LUCK
1 single-turn invisibility potion for each additional +1LUCK

1 soul shard for a +1LUCK ring

((Also, XXXXYYYY, would you be interested in parting with the scrying orb in exchange for another shard?))
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: December 31, 2016, 09:57:39 pm »

Turn 211

"What a curious weapon we have created... This blade is alive, its material shifts and grows, perhaps at its own will. What I couldn't do with such a substance... Well, if you can hear me, "Royalty," I offer you this ultimatum: Allow me to study what exactly makes you tick, and I promise that you will become a weapon of legend."

Having negotiated with my blade, let's try another probing spell to sound out the material properties, mundane and magical, using a +1/+1 essence for good measure. Try out a few more practice swings with some non-important targets afterwards, to try and visually analyze the blade's movements.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Either Royalty is still refusing to be questioned or the blade has no material properties to be examined. Chorkinaan gave up on trying to figure out how the blade worked with this spell and began slashing up various objects in the smithy. Training dummies passed without problem, but metal tools proved more resilient. They still split in one cut, but they moved as they were cut, indicating some resistance.

Creating 3 more essences.

Cuberac was having some trouble with his shoulder, the wound had healed but it still felt stiff. Maybe it was just because he hadn't moved it in a while. He flexed a bit. Yes, that was better.

"Y'know, I tried to do this neatly and organized.. but fuck it."

Violently destabilize a large chunk of the ground over this 'chamber', from a safe distance of course, to blow a hole large enough for me to enter in the ground

Khozek was really not a fan of trying to get inside of this. It looked wet, repulsive and also probably full of leeches. There was the option of just removing the roof, and it looked very attractive right now. However, only about two square meters of earth collapsed when the spell finished. Khozek was not disappointed by this but only because the dirt that collapsed was directly under him and different emotions were going through his mind. Fortunately, there was nothing overly dangerous beneath, and in the end all that happened was that Khozek got submerged up to neck in swamp water.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Hm! Hm. The guy up north seems to be suffering from a spirit sickness... either that or he's working in secret. Anyway. Steering is as easy as turning the skiis with room to spare, but how am I to stop... wait, why do I have to be the one using these rocket skiis?"

Doktor Diabolical creates(-1) some robot parts, does it again, then makes 2 robots essences.

Doktor conjured two modest piles of parts that consisted of some very intricate parts. Nothing else would do for bots with intelligence that Doktor desired. Unfortunately, it turned out that the spark that his boots coughed out before was just a mark of things to come. The rocket skis spat out enough flame to set nearby grass on fire and propel Doktor flying through the air. Most would had screamed at this point, Doktor had just breathed out when boots activated and thus couldn't. This allowed him to skip immediately to the more productive phase of panic, fixing things. He turned and twisted and spun until he managed to turn the skis around. Alas, brakes were still not a thing. On the plus side, the dirt mound was rather soft and only one of the skis broke on impact.

Commit suicide.

There was a twitch in Filtiarn's eye as he ran. It was, to an observant observer, a suggestion that the action was not entirely his own. It was further amplified by Filtiarn jumping into a geyser pool of boiling acid. The pool soon began glowing and boiling somewhat more violently, as red glow of the blood god began rising from it.

4 Essences

Skeliborn looked over casually as Chorkinaan sliced up some parts of the smithy. It reduced value of the place considerably, but interestingly it left no marks on the walls. The blade extended only as much as it was required. How curious.

Easter Sunday makes 5 essence.

Easter was finding out how Tower's aura combined with his own armor's regeneration. Pretty damn well as it turned out, most of his armor had already grown back. It would not take more than a minute to get back to pristine condition, although the Tower was a nice place to stay at.

4 essences.

Redrum conjured power but not quite all of it went to him. What little life managed to survive in the swamp withered around him, roots that held hydra down pinned perishing, but not releasing their grip. Two of the heads were eyeing each other again.

If I'm not already in the tower, go inside, make sure that there is nothing flammable nearby. Get a feather from my phoenix form and start a ritual, using the feather as a sacrifice. The purpose of the ritual is to enlarge the crystal phoenix to about the size of my phoenix form, and to give it any abilities mine has that it doesn't (mainly fire breath if it doesn't have that). Boost the ritual with 5 +1/+1 essences

Seva tore a feather out of his phoenix form, noting that the leg was still missing. He then began a ritual, not too distant from one he did on himself, but this time targeting the crystal bird. The spell shaped up easily, but not all was well. The feather flared and burned up immediately, leaving the mage exposed to the magic. Single misstep now would be disastrous.

"I do indeed copy. There was a small mishap with the enchantments, but I'll have it for you in just a moment."
Add a strong enhancement onto the alchemy set, improving the chances of an alchemical process succeeding. 2 +1POTs essences, 2 +1 CMP essences, and 3 +1/+1 essences. Assuming the enchantment holds, make a +1LUCK ring (2 +1/+1 essences), then find Illium and conduct the trade.
"Excellent! Meet me in the Tower courtyard once the work's done."

Carry out business with the Gambler as indicated below:

1 soul shard in exchange for an alchemy set with base +1LUCK
1 single-turn invisibility potion for each additional +1LUCK

1 soul shard for a +1LUCK ring

((Also, XXXXYYYY, would you be interested in parting with the scrying orb in exchange for another shard?))

Gambler enchanted the glass alchemy set and conjured forth another ring. Both went out very nicely, and if he was running a shop, would likely turn out repeat customers. As it was here and now, it likely promised a person more friendly and trustworthy than average, quite possibly an offer of golden value. Two mages met and exchanged the items, one now slightly more lucky and other with slightly more souls.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 211 Happy new year!
« Reply #6761 on: December 31, 2016, 09:58:38 pm »

Happy new year gents. Next turn should be on Wednesday.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: January 01, 2017, 10:13:32 am »

Happy new year!

Get that undead hydra moving properly. Redrum's already wasted far too much time and power on it, so just blast it with whatever non-chaotic essences he's got left, in the hope that this will work. Once that's done, gather some pieces of decayed root and remains from that zombie which the hydra tore apart (to be used as ritual sacrifices) and make an essence. If the hydra has been freed and mobilised successfully, and there are no further mishaps, mount the beast and head deeper into the swamp.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: January 01, 2017, 10:18:13 am »

dammit loop.

give me a circle for me to count it's sides and that's the number of seconds i will take. jk
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: January 01, 2017, 03:36:55 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"NOPE NOPE NOPE! This is not happening!"

Doktor Diabolical gets the heck out of dem skiis! If that succeeds, he checks on the progress of the fire extinguishing robot, then makes 4 Robots essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 506