Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163719 times)

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 249 Dark Lord Rises
« Reply #7275 on: May 28, 2017, 07:45:10 pm »

Make 2 essences and resume exploring the tower with the phoenix, shovel and birds continue with the removal of mud
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: May 29, 2017, 03:29:16 am »

Did I send you a pm last turn, DG?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: May 29, 2017, 03:47:38 am »

"A dangerous weapon, indeed..."

Having the sword finally identified (hint for others: Severing) and getting another boon from miscast, Ao was quite content with himself and wondered for a while on his next course of action. Deciding that learning is a vital part of broading ones options, he decided to stay in the library for a bit.

Study other books present, knowledge is always important. 4 essences, as per usual.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: May 29, 2017, 03:26:01 pm »

I will be having exams over most of next month. During this time, updates will be irregular, if they happen at all. Today's update will be falling victim to the situation, though I hope to be able to put out at least one update this week.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: May 29, 2017, 05:33:02 pm »

Cast a spell to create a small bottle for containing shrunk fluids, which is brittle enough that it will probably shatter if thrown but can still be carried safely.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: June 04, 2017, 05:18:29 pm »

Turn 250

Back out of the cave. Check to see if the wolf follows me.

{The wolf is between you and the exit}

((The aspiring Dark Lord approves of this turn's title.))

Continue the ritual, shooting 2[+1POT], [chaotic +2/+2], [chaotic +2/+1], [+1CMP] into the power stream.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Redrum continued pouring power into the ritual, the flow steady and strong, and soon began seeing some results. Shadows cast by the ritual began twisting towards gravestones and the hydra. It lacked power still, but it would be there soon. Far sooner than the ritual sacrifices would burn out, or so Redrum hoped as one of them decayed into dust.

Increase the chance Skelliborn's spell goes correctly and is correctly temporally targeted (+2/+1 essence, 2 +1/+2 essences, and a +1 POT essence). Then, flicker through the mage-seeing orb to look at any nearby mages or those with the correct affinities to influence a sword in that manner.

{Did you mean a +1CMP essence? Since others add up to +4/+5}

There really aren't all that many mages who would be able to turn a sword into food, so it doesn't take much to find them all. Gloomy is an obvious candidate, with his ability to wrangle curses. It could also be done with summoning magic, so James and Jase are somewhat suspect. Surg, Ilium, Urghe-Ongho and Ao had unknown affinities, which made them possible candidates. The problem was, none of them were close. Maybe the magic in the ruby spikes was good for more than burning?

Also, since I was reminded, Skeliborn's/star2wars3 sword Vortex Bane has turned into a baguette.
((Does the sword not get its own endurance/ whatever the magic resist equivalence is roll? I mean I thought I enchanted it to make it nearly impossible to enchant without my say so.

I mean if not let me just say this, I am going to make whoever made this happen turn my sword back or else stuff my magic baguette down their throat. (P.S.) Magic Wand (In English) = Magic Baguette (In French)

Edit 1: Gloomier, was this you? You've been shadow running at least for the past turn or two and your last known location is definitely close enough that you could get in range. I don't want to wrongly accuse you of anything but my sword wasn't a bread stick until after the pms were dealt with from what I can tell and this kind of seems like some sort of curse.

Edit 2:
Summon Vortex Bane From The Past

5 blade essences +1/+1

*Somewhere five seconds to the left from the past*

Skeliborn raised his blade, the trusty Vortex bane, and braced himself against the oncoming squad of skeletons. A bolt of fire flew towards him and he moved to parry. To his great surprise, the firebolt struck him dead in the chest, and his eyes saw the sword being whisked away through a portal, its magic resistance overcome by the spell. Then the skeletons were upon him, slashing him with the blades he had carried here.

*Back in local reality*

Skeliborn looked over Vortex Bane. It was just like he remembered it, all the runes in their place. Though there was some angry screaming as the portal to infinity closed, possibly due to some temporal shenanigans. Better not do this too much.

Threeee essencesss...Wander the tower.

Magus decided that a walk was in order so that he wouldn't start growing moss. It was just something that most of the competent mages shared, that lack of ability to stay put and do nothing for fifteen minutes. His wandering brought Magus to what appeared to be an observatory, with a telescope readied and pointed towards the night sky. Which was slightly strange, as it was definitely day outside, as a window in a corridor showed.

Open the chest with my protective glass gauntlet. Be careful in case it's a mimic.

James was somewhat cautious of a clearly demonic chest, and thus chose to poke it while wearing protective gloves. The chest flipped open, and from it poured black smoke, smelling strongly of sulfur. Within the smoke, a faint glow could be seen. James reached out towards that glow and grabbed onto it. Suddenly the smoke disappeared, but not entirely. It was still visible faintly, but James could see through it easily. James released what he had grabbed to look at the chest more intently and the smoke returned. What he had found here was a torch of blacklight, an artifact that endlessly produced a one way smokescreen, provided you held it.

"A dangerous weapon, indeed..."

Having the sword finally identified (hint for others: Severing) and getting another boon from miscast, Ao was quite content with himself and wondered for a while on his next course of action. Deciding that learning is a vital part of broading ones options, he decided to stay in the library for a bit.

Study other books present, knowledge is always important. 4 essences, as per usual.

Fascinated by the expansive bookshelves Ao decided to spend some time in the library. There surely were many interesting books here with all kinds of useful esoteric knowledge. For example, there was a book about making sculptures out of moonlight. Alas, few chapters in, Ao recognized that it was all just fantasy. At least it was a fun read.

Cast a spell to create a small bottle for containing shrunk fluids, which is brittle enough that it will probably shatter if thrown but can still be carried safely.

Chorkinaan conjured a somewhat fragile bottle filled with concentrated poison. It was a small bottle, but the thing about most poisons was that you didn't need more than a drop. It fit well enough in a pocket and it shouldn't randomly break surrounded by cloth.

Make 2 essences and resume exploring the tower with the phoenix, shovel and birds continue with the removal of mud

Seva ventured in a nearby room while his created minions worked. There were some strange looking white logs floating in the mud, which Seva decided to inspect by poking one. It didn't move and it felt like some sort of stone, so Seva decided that it was safe enough and went to inspect the cupboards. The first cupboards were disappointingly empty, but there was still surprise to be had when Seva turned to inspect another one and noticed movement on the edge of his vision. One of the stone logs had risen from the mud, revealing that it was actually a golem alligator. Other logs were beginning to fidget as well.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 250 Timebreaking and Egyptian traps
« Reply #7281 on: June 04, 2017, 05:19:36 pm »

Finally done. PM's will come shortly.

Zormod, write an action and I will edit it in.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: June 04, 2017, 09:56:00 pm »

((I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: June 05, 2017, 01:35:00 am »

((I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?))
Yes and yes.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: June 05, 2017, 02:17:49 am »

I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
((Mind if I sig this? That out-of-context "do I still have a baguette" is just the most delectable icing on the cake.))
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: June 05, 2017, 09:00:10 am »

((Time shenanigans, eh? One of these days I'm going to play a Time mage...))

Doktor Diabolical:

"Excellent!"

Mining continues. Guarding continues. Doktor Diabolical makes 3 essences in preparation for making another robot.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: June 05, 2017, 03:08:43 pm »

Try going around the wolf.

If that doesn't work, send my bladeswarm at it.

If it does, move away from the cave.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: June 05, 2017, 03:45:04 pm »

((Mind if I sig this? That out-of-context "do I still have a baguette" is just the most delectable icing on the cake.))
((Go For It))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: June 05, 2017, 06:56:51 pm »

star2wars3, I'm in your general area and I think I have an idea on how to un-baguettify your sword (dagger? I forget). Are you interested?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: June 05, 2017, 07:09:01 pm »

I'll bite. PM me.
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 506