Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177239 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 253 The first light
« Reply #7350 on: July 10, 2017, 09:03:55 pm »

New targets have been designated, this time in somewhat more populated hexes. PM's will be going out shortly.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7351 on: July 10, 2017, 09:21:18 pm »

Make 3 essence.

"Do you think summoning a god here would be possible?"

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7352 on: July 11, 2017, 12:50:09 am »

Switch to phoenix form, fly to the tower, non-fire resistant birds avoid the burning aether, make 2 essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: July 11, 2017, 01:11:23 am »

((I think you missed the travel part of my action.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7354 on: July 11, 2017, 06:38:45 am »

Actually just forgot to reupload the map after PM's. But the result is the same.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: July 11, 2017, 08:32:17 am »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Oh, just die already! I don't have time for you!"

All chaotic essences on some robot parts. If they look viable, have the hauler dump them into the factory, producing a drill bot which will join the fight against the earth elemental. Laser bot keeps lasering, frost miner keeps frost mining. Two essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7356 on: July 11, 2017, 02:05:13 pm »

Continue heading east, and form 3 essences.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: July 12, 2017, 07:43:08 am »

Actually just forgot to reupload the map after PM's. But the result is the same.

((But...there's no SPD roll..?))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: July 13, 2017, 06:50:59 am »

Determine what the second set of runes on Vortex Bane does (the one that I got when making 10 essences in a row) please pm me my turn this turn.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: July 13, 2017, 11:46:00 am »

((But...there's no SPD roll..?))

Ah. Damn. I was mixing people up again. It's fixed now.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7360 on: July 13, 2017, 05:31:24 pm »

Seeing as how there are only five actions posted, I am going to move the turn to tomorrow. No, this isn't a case of everyone starting to think of backstabbing and moving to PM's, there is just lack of posting.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: July 13, 2017, 09:58:11 pm »

((Been busy with work.))

Keep running as fast as I can. In fact, switch my omnicube into some sort of motorcycle or other simple vehicle to go faster.

Not to the tower, a few hexes south where I planted the tree.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7362 on: July 14, 2017, 01:58:50 am »

Keep travelling towards the eldritch lands. Make 3 essences.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: July 14, 2017, 10:39:52 am »

Three essences
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7364 on: July 14, 2017, 05:56:54 pm »

Turn 254

Make 3 essence.

"Do you think summoning a god here would be possible?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

{Usually, there would be a sentence here about Sharrin engaging in conversation, but, uh, I have no idea who you are trying to talk to. Your action happened, I just have no idea what to write here.}

Switch to phoenix form, fly to the tower, non-fire resistant birds avoid the burning aether, make 2 essences

Seva rose to the sky and flew swiftly towards the Tower. There was a good reason to rush this time and he reached the purple walls just as light began falling from the sky again. Seva's birds watched with worry as another chunk of land vanished.

Continue heading east, and form 3 essences.

Cuberac traveled eastwards towards the eldritch lands and the blasted crater. There were still some mages there. Perhaps they would be useful in one way or another.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Oh, just die already! I don't have time for you!"

All chaotic essences on some robot parts. If they look viable, have the hauler dump them into the factory, producing a drill bot which will join the fight against the earth elemental. Laser bot keeps lasering, frost miner keeps frost mining. Two essences.

Combat droid powered up its laser again and the earth spirit split again to avoid it. But this time the droid saw through it and melted off the section connecting the two separate parts. Half of the earth spirit fell as lifeless dirt right there. Slightly unfortunately, the miner droid was aiming to hit the part that just collapsed and was left uselessly hitting dirt. The spirit itself, recognizing the danger of the droid leapt through the air in a stream of earth, falling just next to the drone, sending it scurrying away with pebbles bouncing off its armor.

Determine what the second set of runes on Vortex Bane does (the one that I got when making 10 essences in a row) please pm me my turn this turn.

{Find the quote from the turn and I'll tell you without a roll.}

((Been busy with work.))

Keep running as fast as I can. In fact, switch my omnicube into some sort of motorcycle or other simple vehicle to go faster.

Not to the tower, a few hexes south where I planted the tree.

While running, James remembered that he had a far better alternative and turned on omnicube's helicopter mode again. Firm grip and unknown engine carried James over the remains of burning aether and into the sight of the fire tree. Not quite in reach though, that would take few moments more still.

Keep travelling towards the eldritch lands. Make 3 essences.

It was unclear if the hydra rushed because it had mind enough to be afraid or if worry of its master passed over to it over the newly created gauntlet, but rush it did. Annoyingly, there were obstacles in form of burning aether that required going around an there was a massive hole between the mountains where easy passage once was, but these problems were eased by not having to walk yourself. Redrum made to the mountains overlooking the eldritch fields before light fell again.While traveling, Redrum felt a bit of power escape as he was trying to focus it and turn nearby stone into white dust. There were reasons why this was a bad sign, but none of them applied in world about to be demolished so he moved on without another thought.

Three essences

Gambler continued hoarding the power of fortune.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 506