Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163579 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 254 First casualty of the Light
« Reply #7365 on: July 15, 2017, 01:23:56 pm »

All chaotic essences on some robot parts. If they look viable, have the hauler dump them into the factory, producing a drill bot which will join the fight against the earth elemental.
((Did you miss part of my action?))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: July 15, 2017, 01:34:49 pm »

Hurry!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: July 15, 2017, 03:14:14 pm »

Send my bladecubes at Bob and prepare for battle.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: July 15, 2017, 06:57:08 pm »

Okay, guys, where are we going to put the escape portal?

Follow James, since he's probably going to be the guy that's gonna make our escape portal. Make 2 essences.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: July 15, 2017, 07:04:59 pm »

"Okay, here's my plan. I'm going to summon something to create a portal. Doesn't matter what, but it does matter where. If anyone cares where you want to end up, tell me now. Whe're all going the same place unless you can find your own way off this platypus."

"I'll stick my gauntlet in the rift and tear it open. Transform my gauntlet into a doorway. It's got a couple durability enchantments and a chunk of eternity, so it should last quite a while. If anyone has a way to help keep the portal open or reinforce my omnicube, meet me at my tree."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: July 15, 2017, 07:28:32 pm »

"Crazy idea here, but if the portal was alive do you think it would work better? I would think it would become a target and being able to have it move could help our chances of survivability."

Meet NAV at the tree
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 09:21:36 pm by Rautherdir »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: July 16, 2017, 12:01:34 am »

"Okay, here's my plan. I'm going to summon something to create a portal. Doesn't matter what, but it does matter where. If anyone cares where you want to end up, tell me now. Whe're all going the same place unless you can find your own way off this platypus."

"I'll stick my gauntlet in the rift and tear it open. Transform my gauntlet into a doorway. It's got a couple durability enchantments and a chunk of eternity, so it should last quite a while. If anyone has a way to help keep the portal open or reinforce my omnicube, meet me at my tree."

"My affinity can keep the gods from disrupting your portal."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: July 16, 2017, 03:56:14 pm »

"I should be able to reinforce it again."
Move to meet up with James. If he allows it, reduce the chance that the onmicube will break under strain (while keeping the previous reinforcement). Use one +1/+1, two +1/+2s, and two +1POT essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: July 16, 2017, 05:36:07 pm »

All chaotic essences on some robot parts. If they look viable, have the hauler dump them into the factory, producing a drill bot which will join the fight against the earth elemental.
((Did you miss part of my action?))

{I did.}
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The robot that rolls out of the factory looks like a miniature tank with a massive drill in front of it. The form is rather unfitting for it's purpose, but numerous closed hatches imply that there is more to this bot than just the drill. It immediately begins swiftly rolling on it's threads towards the earth spirit.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 122 Strange tomes and Old enemies
« Reply #7374 on: July 16, 2017, 06:45:21 pm »

((Here is the turn in which I got the second set of runes))

Turn 123
Skelliborn
Attempt to Create 10 blade essences because why not?
Skeliborn ignored Viznor diving for cover as he began focusing power. It went comparably well at first, but Skeliborn forged past that. First essence failed, the power converging on Skeliborns blade, engraving strange runes on it, but Skeliborn still forged on. Next, the blade grew a guard to protect the hand wielding it. Then, hilt of the sword, which Skeliborn was holding on for luck, grew spikes. The spikes were over an inch in length, piercing Skeliborns hand and locking it onto the sword. Even this failed to stop him.

Next essence caused all edges in the library become a bit leaner, though not enough to be called sharp. The collapse after that was different from the others. Instead of the strange indecisiveness that he usually felt, Skeliborn felt outright malice, as magic tried to forge blades out of his bones. It was not quite strong enough this time, but the blade holding hand seemed to had begun bleeding just a bit extra.

3 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7375 on: July 17, 2017, 08:31:19 am »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Combat: excellent. On the other hand..."

Combat continues, 3 essences are made, and something is checked via PM.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: July 17, 2017, 01:33:08 pm »

"Empty? A pity. I've lost enough time trying to pry non-existant secrets from it..."

Walk from tower halls, looking for other mages. Further enchant my speed by making the body much limber and graceful than naturally possible. Two last chaotic essence, one +1 POT, one +1CMP
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: July 17, 2017, 04:46:31 pm »

"Empty? A pity. I've lost enough time trying to pry non-existant secrets from it..."

Walk from tower halls, looking for other mages. Further enchant my speed by making the body much limber and graceful than naturally possible. Two last chaotic essence, one +1 POT, one +1CMP
InB4 you become a blob-monster.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: July 17, 2017, 07:13:29 pm »

Turn 255

Hurry!

James rushed towards his fire tree and found it unharmed. It had reacted in no visible way to the impending doom, and was still peacefully blooming fire. The forest behind it also seemed unbothered, no creatures fleeing from the zone about to be obliterated.

Send my bladecubes at Bob and prepare for battle.

Cuberac sent his bladecubes flying and watched as Bob remained perfectly still and caught a cube to the skull for it. Then, Cuberac watched as Bob got back up, bleeding, but seemingly still coherent enough to send his menagerie of dinosaurs running at Cuberac.

Okay, guys, where are we going to put the escape portal?

Follow James, since he's probably going to be the guy that's gonna make our escape portal. Make 2 essences.

Urghe was feeling optimistic and thus followed after James. A plan was forming to get off this world and he wanted in on it.

"Crazy idea here, but if the portal was alive do you think it would work better? I would think it would become a target and being able to have it move could help our chances of survivability."

Meet NAV at the tree

Sharrin too followed after James, he was in this to fight fellow magi, not get ground into dust by divine powers. Perhaps this would work out better on the other side of another portal.

"I should be able to reinforce it again."
Move to meet up with James. If he allows it, reduce the chance that the onmicube will break under strain (while keeping the previous reinforcement). Use one +1/+1, two +1/+2s, and two +1POT essences.

{Disregarding use of two +1POT essences since the previous three already give you +5POT}

Gambler also wanted off this gig, and unlike some others he could actually contribute. The plan called for a device to stay solid under duress of portal vortex and portals were unpredictable. Unless you were the one choosing what would happen. And Gambler could help with that.

3 essences

{PM incoming}

Skelibor remained in the Tower, ignoring the exodus towards James. His was a different plot for the end, running away could wait for a bit still.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Combat: excellent. On the other hand..."

Combat continues, 3 essences are made, and something is checked via PM.

The earth spirit, seemingly faster after loosing half of itself, slammed into the laser drone at full speed, sending it rolling. The bot was built for this, however, and pulled in several more pointy parts, making it round enough to roll over with minimal harm. Meanwhile, both the miner and the drill bots attacked the spirit, forcing it to collapse as sand on the dirt to avoid the attacks. Laser drone recovered and attempted to sever a piece again, but it seemed that the spirit was stronger while so close to the ground and glassed sand broke into particles of quartz that rejoined the greater mass.

Ao went through the suddenly noticeably emptier tower looking for mages. There were still quite a few left, so there probably was something planned to happen in near future. Another reason to go through the tower was to test his new speed enchantment. The results were rather saddening. He was indeed more graceful and limber, but the scales were interfering, making the movement just slightly below what Ao wanted. It was not a good trade for magic spent, but that was just how these things worked.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 255 Close miss
« Reply #7379 on: July 17, 2017, 08:02:38 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Hurry up already! The apocalypse is a thing, I don't have time for this!"

Create some more robot parts(+1/+1, +1 POT) and some computing robot parts(+1/+1, +1/+1, +1 POT). Have the hauler dump them into the factory and have the factory assemble the parts into a tactician robot, which will aid the other robots in their fight against the earth spirit. Also make an essence, also another PM thing.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 506