Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163763 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 258 Trust and backstabbing
« Reply #7425 on: July 28, 2017, 08:17:35 pm »

((Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal.))
If the Ilithid attacks, have the stiletto hit it in hatchet form. If it doesn't attack, have the stiletto attack Urghe instead.
Use the spell reflection shield to block any magical attacks, focusing them towards Urghe, and throw one of the vials of pollen in his face.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: July 28, 2017, 08:41:56 pm »

Investigate the green river, follow it to its source
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: July 28, 2017, 10:13:56 pm »

"It was inevitable."

Go and murder demons with sword. It might have an interesting effect on extradimensional flesh.

((I'd also appreciate retroactive spell casting - want to see if my bones endure magic first.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: July 28, 2017, 11:54:37 pm »

((I'd say that was unexpected, but I'd be lying. Good try, ATHATH. Have fun trying not to get murdered. And to the rest of you, have fun murdering Urghe.))
((I think there was some collective bystander syndrome at work here. We all saw that ATHATH was up to no good but we all expected someone else to deal with it. Or at least I did  ;) ))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: July 29, 2017, 10:11:40 am »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Excellent. Mostly."

Have the factory convert the power armor parts, the blunderbuss, the flamethrower bot, and the bicycle into power armor for Doktor Diabolical. Hopefully with flamethrower and railgun weaponry. Also make 3 essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: July 29, 2017, 01:45:37 pm »

Turn Urgh into shreds using my full blade arsenal (not including blade mail). It's time for the Athath Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: July 29, 2017, 03:10:51 pm »

Create a cubic blast around me using a chaotic +2/+1. Return to bashing Bob.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: July 30, 2017, 05:04:24 am »

Turn Urgh into shreds using my full blade arsenal (not including blade mail). It's time for the Athath Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
((Sigged last part, actually. Also, I have a vague feeling that killing demonologist will somehow empower his magic. Unwitting sacrifice or somethings like that seems like a good possibility, considering ATHATH plots.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: July 30, 2017, 01:55:49 pm »

((This is why I'm not activating Blade mail. That, and I'm afraid if I do it might murder everyone. I'm intent in sticking to the no random murders ideal until this game ends))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: July 30, 2017, 02:06:55 pm »

((Sigged last part, actually. Also, I have a vague feeling that killing demonologist will somehow empower his magic. Unwitting sacrifice or somethings like that seems like a good possibility, considering ATHATH plots.))

((And that's why I'm not attacking him at all.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: July 30, 2017, 03:38:35 pm »

(That's why I'm shoving him into the portal and closing it instead of murdering him.

And the smoke (depending on speed rolls) should make everyone blind, so the only attacks that will work will be faster mages, and Gamblers due to blind luck.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: July 30, 2017, 07:06:15 pm »

((I'd say that was unexpected, but I'd be lying. Good try, ATHATH. Have fun trying not to get murdered. And to the rest of you, have fun murdering Urghe.))
It was actually my second try:
After some conversation with DG...

Instead of my other spell, insert a trigger into the portal that will [scrubbed] its destination-locating part upon my command, causing the destination of the portal to change to one of instant death (like, not "filled with monsters that will probably kill you"
 instant death, but proper, "so much radiation, lava, and horrifying insanity waves that you will actually instantly die" instant death). Note that I'm changing where the portal sends people to, not changing an entire dimension. Use the same modifiers as the previous spell.

You were so close. The sabotage spell worked out fine, redirecting the portal to heavily irradiated wasteland. With portal being opaque nobody knew what happened and the radiation would had killed people too fast for them to return and warn others.

And then Gambler dumped enough magic into this to override your spell three times over.

Really it was a good plan, if it was close I'd probably would had fudged the dice in your favor. But it wasn't close. It wasn't close at all.

Then, as a Plan B, I casually did this.

So, enjoy (y)our DOOM. Or not, I don't particularly care either way. Actually, I do care- I want all of you, especially the Gambler/XXXXYYYY, cursed be his/their name(s), to SUFFER.

Doo bee doo bee doo, secret pm stuff yeah!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: July 31, 2017, 04:01:02 pm »

Oh Urgh, you do realize that your attacking The Order of Arcane Magic, right? And we tend to protect our own.

Don't make me make another Dakka-cannon just for you...

Surrender now and we'll make your death quicker and less painful.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: July 31, 2017, 04:53:21 pm »

Oh Urgh, you do realize that your attacking The Order of Arcane Magic, right? And we tend to protect our own.

Don't make me make another Dakka-cannon just for you...

Surrender now and we'll make your death quicker and less painful.

"Why would I want to die faster? Whatever pitiful torture attempts you mortals could attempt would pale in comparison to what the forces of the Hells would do to me should I fail."

"But your offer amuses me- how would you have executed me if I had accepted your surrender terms?"
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 04:56:26 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: July 31, 2017, 07:58:17 pm »

I have reinstalled some of my favorite games today. Unfortunately, it has led to a "Wait, is that the sun?" situation. Turn will be delayed.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 506