Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506]

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163765 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line
« Reply #7575 on: November 07, 2017, 07:09:16 pm »

Reminds me that I never got to even learn what those treasures I found can do. DG, can I ask for details about those boots and that lute I have?

The boots and the Lute. Unfortunately, you're likely going to be somewhat disappointed, as the two were magical equivalents of shinies for you. Same as when I had people find gold and gems really. The lute had a magical effect in that it cheered those that heard it, making it excellent for a bard or someone leading a small army, but practically useless for you. The boots were better, in that they allowed the wearer to traverse any terrain, walk on water or magma for example. Of course, at the time you were already able to fly, so again it was more of a curiosity.

Also, what happened to my demonic minion after Duck Island? Has he survived transition and did he actually heard Kahel dissmissing him?

Yes and Yes. It was one of the possible encounters if anyone wanted to go visit the frozen sphere in the piles of ice, but the place was not all that popular so the demon remained undiscovered.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7576 on: November 07, 2017, 07:52:21 pm »

((I call bullshit. It's still adorable, though.))
Too long, I cut it.
((D'awww. Kawaiii!

...you bastard. Never in all my years of the internets have I kawai'ed even once. By the stoicness of my ancestors, this slight shall be avenged!

In case that didn't make it clear how much of a joke I consider that whole situation, this sentence should do it. It's hilarious because you remind me of my younger self back when I wanted to be recognized, before I realized recognition and respect were earned, not demanded. And since your goal in almost every game I've seen you in has been to try and break the game or in some way fundamentally ruin the enjoyment of the other people playing, you're a long way off.

But you also remind me of young me because I can see the potential you could have. Let me put it in Pokemon terms, since I feel you would understand it and it bugged DG when I made Pokemon references for things I wanted to do. Right now you're a Magikarp, but someday I think you could be a Gyarados. But you won't get there if your focus is on trying to beat me all the time.

And DG, my attempt at bugging you with Pokemon references is lighthearted, in case the text is inadequate to convey that.

And Whisperling, I'll send you a PM some time this week. I was thinking about the game last night, so I wanted to flesh out the stuff I thought about first. Namely, I've thought up items to replace the necessity of soul shards for stats, CMP, and affinities, along with other useful stuff.))
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:05:29 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: November 08, 2017, 03:44:24 am »

At about 6:09 PM earlier today, I realized something.

I had fucked up. Badly.

I had taken a moment to look back at myself and my actions (those that I took today and others), and found them utterly despicable. Not in a "lovable jerk" kind of way, not in an "evil mastermind" kind of way, but in an "irredeemable, horrific, whiny attention-hog with a keyboard" kind of way. I had fallen to the level of forum trolls- have fallen, since my rant was made only a few hours ago and I can't use the shield of "that was a long time ago; I've changed since then" against this.

So, I present to you this:
I, ATHATH, being of sound mind and health, hereby concede defeat, yield, and apologize to Beirus and anyone else whom my actions may have negatively affected.
You may quote it and/or sig it if you like.

I think I'm going to go think about this for a while. Tomorrow, I'll read your responses to my earlier post, since I haven't done that yet (I just barely managed to muster up the courage needed to make this post). After a day or two, I should have my pm-log ready (and posted). After that... I don't know.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7578 on: November 09, 2017, 01:52:43 pm »

((It's all good, ATHATH. I know what it's like to be so invested in a goal that it doesn't seem possible to not achieve it, and it hurts a lot when you don't and nobody else seems to even recognize the effort you put in.

Anyway, peoples, here's the epilogue for Jase, Crimson, and Viznor edited to replace my username with my character's name.))

Men and women of various ages flooded into the hall, filling the ancient halls with chatter. Three summoners were chanting over a ritual circle while candles burned with uneven flame. The hall was unmarked, the meeting unannounced. Those that gathered here did solely because they felt the magic of the ritual in one way or another. There were many that were unhappy with the slow speed of learning within the academy, a measure that some of them knew was intentionally there to urge individual effort. Few from the crowd joined those chanting and the runes that made it up began to glow. Seven items were pushed forward from concealing robes and into the circle where they disintegrated into purple dust. The dust expanded within the circle, then rose up into a ghastly shape . With a twitch of a hand the figure opened a portal to somewhere else, whatlore they found said that it was a place of learning opened to select few. Some scoffed at aparent ease of the ritual as the figure vanished leaving the portal unguarded. All found themselves bound in place by shackles of sorcery. Of this group only two managed to dispell the sorcery in time to get through the portal before it closed.

On the other side of the portal laid a school of magic just as promised, led by three great mages, split along by their choices of duty and skill. Mage Jase led the learning and had greatest mastery of magic of the three. Seer Viznor commanded the library and his overal knowledge spread the widest. Artificer Crimson built nearly everything that wasn't made of solidified magic and was at least involved in all other constructions. The three had their servants to help in their work, Jase commanded multiple sumoned beings that helped him teach, Crimson worked closely with both his own constructs and Golems. Viznor technically had only one servant, known as Biomatrix 117, but it was capable of overlooking the entire library and make ivory bookshelves stab people who didn't put books back in their place. There were some rumors among students that Biomatrix offered deals  of enchanted strength and mind, but no student ever encountered anyone who had made the deal themselves.

It was a rare day, but not truly an unusual one. The three masters were joined by six most skilled students in the outer control chamber. It was built when weapons on the Tower grew too numerous for the three to control alone. Students went to the prepared posts while Viznor and Crimson prepared their own weapons while Jase just sent commands to the Tower directly. Another great creature was encountered, a Great Wyrm. Soon, the academy would battle with the creature. Soon, Jase would feed it's soul to the Tower. Soon, Viznor would carve the wyrm up to learn what secrets he could. Soon, Crimson would forge the bones and scales of the wyrm into arms and armor, dice and figurines.

The great Hunter Chimera stalked through the planes. It stalked for angels. Where it passed, legendary creatures vanished and storms of sorcery were drained. But its hunger grew with each foe it devoured, and it's ramshackle shape grew ever more abominable. Yet behind that abominable exterior hid hundreds of tricks, stolen and forged from it's prey. It saw without eyes, and what it saw now was a dragon of pure blue, an Azure dragon, the strongest of their material kin. Soon, it would feast again. Soon, it's hunger would grow again. Perhaps it was time for something more filling. Perhaps it was time to feast on something truly... Divine.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7579 on: November 09, 2017, 02:38:05 pm »

So, the Tower lives on? It's good to hear, I really liked to wander its halls. I'm still pretty embarrassed that after all discussions before it's creation, I was not able to participate, distracted by rl  :)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: November 09, 2017, 03:36:49 pm »

So, the Tower lives on? It's good to hear, I really liked to wander its halls. I'm still pretty embarrassed that after all discussions before it's creation, I was not able to participate, distracted by rl  :)
In the last few turns, we killed a Young God and stole its divinity to turn the Tower into an Angel like the giant worm and ascended Frost Dragon. Then we escaped.

And I thought Kahel participated. It's how we got A/C.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 03:39:17 pm by Beirus »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: November 14, 2017, 03:36:19 pm »

Congratulations
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: November 21, 2017, 01:18:01 am »

I finally got around to reading what was posted before my apology post.

((I call bullshit. It's still adorable, though.))
Too long, I cut it.
((D'awww. Kawaiii!

...you bastard. Never in all my years of the internets have I kawai'ed even once. By the stoicness of my ancestors, this slight shall be avenged!

In case that didn't make it clear how much of a joke I consider that whole situation, this sentence should do it. It's hilarious because you remind me of my younger self back when I wanted to be recognized, before I realized recognition and respect were earned, not demanded. And since your goal in almost every game I've seen you in has been to try and break the game or in some way fundamentally ruin the enjoyment of the other people playing, you're a long way off.

But you also remind me of young me because I can see the potential you could have. Let me put it in Pokemon terms, since I feel you would understand it and it bugged DG when I made Pokemon references for things I wanted to do. Right now you're a Magikarp, but someday I think you could be a Gyarados. But you won't get there if your focus is on trying to beat me all the time.

And DG, my attempt at bugging you with Pokemon references is lighthearted, in case the text is inadequate to convey that.

And Whisperling, I'll send you a PM some time this week. I was thinking about the game last night, so I wanted to flesh out the stuff I thought about first. Namely, I've thought up items to replace the necessity of soul shards for stats, CMP, and affinities, along with other useful stuff.))

After all that I said...

... You forgave me?

... You're a good person, Beirus. I just want you to know that.

In other news, I'm still working on transcribing my pms. I have 50 pages of incoming pms alone to sort through; this might take some time.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7583 on: November 21, 2017, 12:49:19 pm »

I should probably go grab the two pms I did just for completeness's sake.

So here you go:
Spoiler: T261 secret action (click to show/hide)

Next one was never completely resolved due to a certain action (getting through the portal before being hit with a bolt of divine energy) taking precedence, but anyways:
Spoiler: T265 secret action (click to show/hide)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: November 23, 2017, 01:29:23 pm »

I only ever sent one PM, an even that one was incredibly minor, but I'll post it, too:
Spoiler: Turn 250 (click to show/hide)
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: January 22, 2018, 11:27:43 am »

((AAAH HOLY CRAP THIS IS STILL GOING ON MY NOTIFICATIONS TURNED OFF AND I COULDNT FIND THE TOPIC AND FOR A MOMENT THERE I THOUGHT IT DIED AAAAAAAAAAAA

WHAT'D I MISS))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: January 22, 2018, 05:53:16 pm »

You missed the ending bro.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7587 on: January 22, 2018, 06:38:58 pm »

((noooooo!))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506]