Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Merchants won't drown?  (Read 1542 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Merchants won't drown?
« on: June 26, 2014, 01:21:58 am »

I've had some merchants and a liaison fully submerged for like..... a year. They eventually went berserk. Why won't they drown?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Merchants won't drown?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 01:25:36 am »

Why are you opening a new thread for a single question?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 07:11:47 am »

meph . just dont reply to the questions that are not properly placed

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 07:19:45 am »

Communication is important. If people do something wrong, they need to know, otherwise they cant learn.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 07:47:39 am »

Where do you put questions, then? Haven't been on the Upper Boards nuch, so sorry if this seems really stupid.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 08:30:38 am »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 08:32:11 am »

This doesn't appear to be for a specific race though, unless I missed something in the OP.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 08:33:18 am »

He didnt even mention which race he plays, and which race he tried to drown, not what mod version, nor what Os. Its about as useless as bug reports go, because it doesnt give me any info to work with at all.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 08:36:18 am »

Which in turn means you have no clue what could possibly be wrong with it, meaning you can't fix it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 08:37:39 am »

Yes, you could say that this is exactly my point. He opened a new thread, ignoring the board rules, for a single question that cannot possibly be answered, because not enough info was given.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 05:57:19 pm »

Posting from phone.

Ok so, meph is right. It was late at night, i wasnt really paying attention to what i was doing. Im not going to be back at my machine for a couple days and as such dont have much in the way of specifics.i didnt really mean this as a bug report, frankly im new enough to masterwork that its workings are still somewhat arcane to me, amd i figured this was yet another feature.

Furthermore, thanks for pointing it out. I wont forget next time as far as where to properly post. Since the thread is now here, ill post the details i have.

At any rate, this isnt race specific. I am playing dwarves. It happened to a goblin, a dwarf merchant, his yak, and a liaison all at the same time. The goblin was a snatcher. All units involved were startled on a one tile bridge amd dodged over the edge. They fell over ten z levels into a 2z deep major river, survived with minor injuries, amd were eaten by hippos something like 3 seasons later. The embark is a warm brdlf tropical forest with two waterfalls.

I am running win7 64x. The version will be whichever was available two weeks back. Ill even send you a dxdiag and/or the save if itll help.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 06:49:54 pm »

They may be able to catch their breath if the river is not consistently at 7/7 depth, and there is an open space above them.

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 11:00:42 pm »

I was thinking the other day we need a race-neutral questions thread for anything not race-related like world-gens and general materials, etc.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 11:26:35 pm »

I was thinking the other day we need a race-neutral questions thread for anything not race-related like world-gens and general materials, etc.
But you will always be playing a certain civ.

"Hey, I tried to gen this world playing as Warlocks and..."

"I am playing kobold mode and was wondering what materials are best for them. I also stumbled over material X, what is it?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 07:41:34 am »

But you will always be playing a certain civ.

"Hey, I tried to gen this world playing as Warlocks and..."

Errr, no.  Running the GUI is awkward for Linux players, so I just run it one time.  I enable every playable race in fortress mode, prior to world gen.  Then I select the civ I want on the pre-embark screen.  If I need to gen a second world within the same MDF release, all the races are still enabled, ready to go.

I might have an intended race-to-play prior to world gen, but all races are still enabled.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz
Pages: [1] 2