Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 954427 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: Lictor, P.I.
« Reply #10005 on: January 13, 2018, 06:11:41 am »

Eh.. AoS has some damn good looking stuff, and I can't argue about that.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10006 on: January 13, 2018, 07:38:29 am »

Meanwhile demons.got  demonic incursion strategem letting them deep strike killed demonic unit, if it got killed by grey knights.
Oh, you killed mortarion? Good job, let
Me place him behind your vasilisks with full health.

Its pretty strange , that demon hunters army became even worse in demon hunting.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10007 on: January 13, 2018, 08:05:56 am »

I guess Daemons needed an anti-grey knight thing, seeing as grey knights have an anti-daemon thing.

Seems like crunch interfering in fluff again though.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10008 on: January 13, 2018, 08:44:16 am »

Does UA have multiplayer anymore? Wasnt able to make that work for the last year

It should have, but it can be wonky at times. But I haven't played it in a while (waiting for the next big update), so it's possible things got borked up in the meantime. You gotta make absolutely sure all players have the same mod versions, and even then you can get in-match desyncs at times (which can be hilarious if you don't immediately realize it happened. "How do you mean I'm not building anything? You're the one doing nothing!")

I guess Daemons needed an anti-grey knight thing, seeing as grey knights have an anti-daemon thing.

Seems like crunch interfering in fluff again though.

Grey knights actually being kinda bad against deamons isn't a new thing, iirc? I seem to remember in some previous edition, they had to give them certain weaknesses against deamons to balance them out against their unique strengths, ironically making them weaker against chaos than a standard faction.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #10009 on: January 13, 2018, 09:42:28 am »

Finally! If the Fluff doesn't give an explanation for Khornate Knights, the Crunch does! They killed the sisters Cus they actually suck at killing Daemons

Also, I really wanna see a fight between Doomrider and Kaldor Drhaigo. They'd both be just popping in and out of the warp randomly to stab each other mid-fight and occasionally taking breaks to snort various narcotic substances
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10010 on: January 13, 2018, 11:18:45 am »

Did not doomrider get his head become part of white scars head collection.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: January 13, 2018, 12:03:41 pm »

Uh, if I recall grey knights have never had weaknesses against daemons.
At their weakest, daemons were possibly the only thing they could kill, due to their “retool hits and wounds” force weapons and whatnot.

The anti-daemon psychic powers are a bit more nebulous, but frankly all psychic powers in 8th (along with chapter tactics) are super bland and get repeated very often.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10012 on: January 13, 2018, 11:56:16 pm »

How come vampires and necromancers aren't corrupted by Chaos? Dhar is central to them and Dhar is Chaos.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10013 on: January 14, 2018, 04:21:34 am »

Too tired to explain in full, but Dhar not necessarily chaos, just raw undiluted warp. Also they don’t do Dhar directly they use shyish as tongs basically
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10014 on: January 14, 2018, 05:37:26 am »

I think chaos find live things far more tasty and some other stuff. Think how Tomb Kings RECYCLED IN SPACEEEE (Necrons) are anathema to chaos. In 40k is them not having souls. On FB I don't know but may be something similar.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:39:00 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10015 on: January 14, 2018, 08:00:55 am »

==LOYAL CITIZENS==
==BRAND NEW CONTENT OF MASTERWORK QUALITY HAS BEEN RELEASED BY REMEMBRANCER JUDGEMENT==
==FAILURE TO APPRECIATE IS HERESY==

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10016 on: January 14, 2018, 09:15:39 am »

Even knowing that was a hybrid of live-action and animation, that's goddamn insane. How do you even make something like that as a small team? This CG is on the level of a major film release!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10017 on: January 14, 2018, 10:54:03 am »

Just going to plug the guys Patreon real quick.

https://www.patreon.com/cloudofjudgement
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10018 on: January 14, 2018, 11:29:57 am »

I somehow feel that eschewing action in favour of tension really did it.
The blending was amazing, though the CGI looked a little DoW. Unreal engine does that I guess

Overall more stuff is more better.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10019 on: January 14, 2018, 01:48:20 pm »

The only thing I have to ask about it is, aren't Blood Ravens a fleet-based chapter ever since Aurelia got sucked into the Warp? That would mean their fortress monastery would be on a Battle Barge(the Lexicanum puts it on the BB Omnis Arcanum), not a planet.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 824