Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 952013 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: Baby's first Exterminatus.
« Reply #10470 on: July 17, 2018, 05:03:34 pm »

Shitting on Age of Sigmar is a dead meme. Not as dead as shitting on Ultramarines but still pretty dead.
Shitting on a bad thing is never a dead meme, as long as they keep trying to cash in on it.
Particularly new news about them attempting a fresh cash-in.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good to get tired of calling it out on its BS.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10471 on: July 17, 2018, 05:14:53 pm »

Hello! I also continue to shit on Age of Sigmar.
Which is starting to get weird because my friendship group is making the various noises which usually herald a transition, and have requested that I join them in their silliness.

I'm still having trouble with WS not being a thing. This is very next level.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10472 on: July 17, 2018, 06:45:44 pm »

AoS is moving away from its initial shittyness. As a game it's pretty good, and as for the lore it would be somewhat good if it wasn't for the maximum copyright names.

But most of the issues with AoS are not the game or setting per se, it's just that GW killed WHFB.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10473 on: July 17, 2018, 06:48:49 pm »

Nah it's specifically the game I dislike. The rules are still kind of oversimplified for me.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10474 on: July 17, 2018, 07:53:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This amused me.

I seem to recall that the big Aztec lizard bastards are also technically angels now? And they escaped the end of the old world in literal UFOs
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10475 on: July 18, 2018, 04:24:14 am »

The lizardmen became the Seraphon having escaped the Old World in a handful of temple cities, which they made fly using Old One tech as I recall. Now there's not a whole lot of living mortal Seraphon, just Slann since the others died out slowly whole they drifted through space, so the Slann conjure/summon new ones out of starlight and memories. They live above Sigmar's realm Azyr, in the stars amongst the god Dracothion.

The actual Saurus and Skinks still exist when not conjured, they just don't remember anything from their time absent from the realms and there's supposed to be some running around with permanent bodies.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10476 on: July 18, 2018, 05:58:07 am »

Bad... everything about that lore is bad!!!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10477 on: July 18, 2018, 08:48:53 am »

Grim Portent just covered, in a single post, the average ridiculous stupidity of AoS lore.  Jesus christ, riding through space on a meteor? Someone please mistake it for a space hulk and blow it out of the sky.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10478 on: July 18, 2018, 09:20:18 am »

Jesus christ, riding through space on a meteor?
Are we talking Orks or Dark Angels?
"And then their pyramids took off into space" is a bit ham-fisted but it's not exactly unbelievable.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10479 on: July 18, 2018, 09:47:16 am »

Pretty sure there were prior implications that at least some were originally space craft used by the Old Ones to reach the WHF world in the first place.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #10480 on: July 19, 2018, 11:34:34 am »

For my personal opinion about Age of Sigmar, I think it's pretty telling that a lot of things that aren't the main model line are still set in the Old World. Books, video games, Bloodbowl. I think that at least to a certain extent GW has recognized that the transition was very suboptimal. The problem is that this is actually the second attempt at the End Times. Remember for a couple of months where they just had the most cock-eyed ending, then they retconned like half a years worth of lore and redid it? I think when they redid it was when they realized that they messed up. See, at that point, the models for all the new factions were already being produced, and they couldn't just stop making them. GW was still under that one dude who was like the literal personification of every "GW is greedy" meme ever. Right now, I think they're a lot cooler. The dark elder codex was almost entirely fan-made. That one 8 year old kid who died that loved space wolves is getting his own fucking character, complete with a model and lore. Squats came back, Plastic sisters of battle are all but confirmed.  AoS is stupid, yes. But I think we're in a situation where anyone can really do anything about it.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10481 on: July 19, 2018, 01:28:31 pm »

Is it the dark eldar codex which had Adsrubael becoming a “grr i’ll get u next time Yvraine” cartoon villain?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #10482 on: July 20, 2018, 07:19:59 am »

Maybe. But when they made it, they basically sat down with a bunch of the dark elder forum mods and said "what do you want"
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10483 on: July 20, 2018, 10:45:59 pm »

Is it the dark eldar codex which had Adsrubael becoming a “grr i’ll get u next time Yvraine” cartoon villain?

On a semi-related note I was just coming here to post because I’ve been reading Andy Chambers’ Path of the Dark Eldar anthology and it’s great stuff. Compared to almost all other Eldar novels it’s actually readable and fun. Covers mostly Dark Eldar but also Exodites and a little bit of craftworld Eldar as well. Good stuff.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10484 on: July 22, 2018, 09:46:32 am »

Completely unrelated question - Exterminatuses, exterminati, or something else? I vote exterminati.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 824