Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 952735 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: Baby's first Exterminatus.
« Reply #10515 on: September 20, 2018, 04:00:23 am »

Once again your hobby is what gets me started on mine. I’m not nearly up to scratch though so I don’t often share but know you’re accidentally doing me a service every time you share
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10516 on: September 20, 2018, 05:03:19 am »

I love the flesh tones blending out of the armour

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: September 28, 2018, 11:25:05 am »

Speaking of Space Marine the game, this guy called Chapter Master Valrak has somehow gotten the idea to contact various companies (THQ Nordic, then SEGA, now Relic) through Twitter and now an email campaign in an attempt to get a possible update to the existing game or answer the question of whether they intend to make a sequel at any point. He’s made a few videos regarding it on his YouTube channel and for a Warhammer-focused channel, the guy’s got a fairly big following. Should be interesting to see if this latest email campaign he’s promoting gets any response from Relic.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: September 28, 2018, 11:34:23 am »

If anyone can it’s him. CMV probably has the most clout of social media video game types due his coverage of Eternal Crusade and pretty much every published 40k title of the last 5 years.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: September 28, 2018, 05:36:03 pm »

In other news, a big FAQ just came out for tabletop and everyone is sad, but not sad equally.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: September 28, 2018, 05:41:19 pm »

Are people worried about balance, for good reason, or are the changes more fundamental than that?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: September 28, 2018, 05:46:20 pm »

Are people worried about balance, for good reason, or are the changes more fundamental than that?

Have uh, you played tabletop? Balance is a hilarious joke punctuated by whomever holds the most recent codec.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: September 28, 2018, 05:58:21 pm »

I haven't played the tabletop, just watched battle reports and complaints.  I was kinda riffing on the tabletop balance :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: September 28, 2018, 06:05:26 pm »

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT BY THE SPACE SMURFS!
MATT WARD IS OUR GOD EMPEROR
HERETICS WILL BE PURGED BY CLEANSING FLAME

Edit: But seriously, fuck Matt Ward.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: September 28, 2018, 06:11:28 pm »

... that aside:

The rules are usually so complicated that with enough reading someone will find a surefire strategy to annoy the heck out of their opponent and near-to guarantee victory, either by being unshootable or unkillable or wiping everything off the board so quickly that any counterattack is blunted.

Then all of the people who need to win and are happy to pay for the privilege buy up those armies, a while later an FAQ or new edition is released in order to close those loopholes, and the system restarts all over.

It’s essentially how GW drives consumerism in a game which would normally never have models be thrown out.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10525 on: September 28, 2018, 06:25:09 pm »

I bought so many fucking Tyranids. It's only a matter of time til they get unfucked and are killy for once.

Fucking merging Genestealers. For fucks sake they've got a 5+ save! Nerf goddamn rending? Reeeeeeeeeeeeee
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: September 30, 2018, 02:17:03 am »

So did they get buffed up to purestrains or did purestrains get nerfed down to them?

Edit: No but really. All I remember is that purestrains had something cool to make up for the lack of carapace option.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 06:28:43 am by Tack »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: September 30, 2018, 05:46:23 am »

Sorry, meant to write nerfing. Autocorrect strikes again. IIRC Tyranids can still take Genestealers as allied detachments, along with Imperial Guard I think?
He's fucking with us.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: September 30, 2018, 03:11:54 pm »

Tyranids can take purestrains in own detachments, and as cult ambush got nerfed, but GSC stealers with it cost more points per model, tyranid stealers are better due to access to better warlord traits for broodlord, strategems and lesser point cost.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: October 01, 2018, 07:25:33 am »

I stopped playing my tracksuit genestealers after... 2nd ed?  I don't recall exactly, nor do I know where they currently reside. A black cardboard folder/box somewhere, certainly.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 824