Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 952265 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #10665 on: November 14, 2018, 01:37:53 pm »

Mortal CSM still can get hit by faith power, Typhus felt sharp burning pain, when some really holy ecclrsiarchy dude on world typhus was despoiling  started yelling preachings at him. ( typhus raised dude with his hands and filled him with insect horde, so, well, holyness of dude did not save him or world in the end )
Typhus is kinda THE Nurgley CSM though. It's probably relative to blessedness.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #10666 on: November 14, 2018, 03:23:19 pm »

Plus being the host to the destroyer hive would probably mean he's mortally tied to some warp fuckery.

Still though if I managed to make Typhus feel sharp burning pain I'd die happy as Oli.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10667 on: November 14, 2018, 03:37:58 pm »

There's also some fluff about powerful psykers puppeting armies of the dead.
What fluff where? I've been looking for this non-Nurgle 40k necromancy for a while.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10668 on: November 14, 2018, 04:32:13 pm »

I agree that I believe that's a thing but I don't have any source for it. If I find it on my wanderings I'll post it.

40k psykers puppeteering other stuff though is quite common.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10669 on: November 14, 2018, 06:08:41 pm »

I think is mostly a advanced or sophisticated form of telekinesis?

You could move a body moving it's limbs directly by telekinesis. Or control the body causing electrical impulses on the nerves/brain or something?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 06:10:30 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10670 on: November 14, 2018, 06:53:56 pm »

It's reality-warping magic, there's nothing to explain. Each and every psyker is a living godhead. Some more "god" than "head".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10671 on: November 14, 2018, 06:56:57 pm »

I suppose that makes a lot of sense.

It's far easier to hijack an already living and autonomous entity to do your will than to micro out a process for each individual 'entity'.

I'mm relatively happy necromancy isn't the norm in 40k.  Though there are mostly starved, supernaturally alive cultists, and the like, imagining every two-bit disgruntled goth kid with the right luck stumbling into necromancy or golem creation concerns me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10672 on: November 14, 2018, 08:34:34 pm »

One thing which I haven't seen so far in 40k is the 'random goth kid stumbles on powerful magic and uses it'.
Someone who does that usually just gets their crap eaten immediately by something above them on the chain.

It's one reason I really liked the Tyrant's legion playstyle, although it's all disappeared now.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10673 on: November 15, 2018, 12:50:26 am »

What are the strong points and weak points of Nurgle daemons in general?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10674 on: November 15, 2018, 12:56:35 am »

I bet they are pretty weak against isopropyl alcohol.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10675 on: November 15, 2018, 01:01:27 am »

Do you mean on the tabletop or in lore?

Generally speaking, they're resilient but slow, and they lack some of the flashier abilities of the other types in favor of more damage mitigation and a smattering of plagues. Think a shambling zombie horde, really.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10676 on: November 15, 2018, 01:02:25 am »

Do you mean on the tabletop or in lore?

Generally speaking, they're resilient but slow, and they lack some of the flashier abilities of the other types in favor of more damage mitigation and a smattering of plagues. Think a shambling zombie horde, really.
Lore, I guess. What's their ranged game like? What kind of army would be best suited to beating them?

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10677 on: November 15, 2018, 01:11:14 am »

Lore, I guess. What's their ranged game like? What kind of army would be best suited to beating them?

Corrosive and vomit-based, mostly. Their guns, daemon engines, tanks, daemons, etc. are filthy and shoot various biological filth that rots whatever they hit in all sorts of esoteric ways.

Probably the best bet for beating them would be to use heavy ranged weaponry on fast platforms, much like the Tau, and just kite them; their corrosion and infectious abilities make trying to tank damage from them a dubious proposition, but they themselves require overwhelming force to destroy.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10678 on: November 15, 2018, 02:35:47 am »

Hordes of plague bearers are something you sort of can't remove, as its cheap 5 + 5 + fnp 4 toughness and - 1 or even - 2 to hit, also when near feculent gnarlmows( nurgle trees) they and all nurgle demons can charge after advancing or falling back
There is absolutely disgusting tourney tier list based on tonn of plaguebearers and 3 DG biologus putrifiers hiding in this horde( guys with long ranged imperial knight melting pus spitting flamers, also holy shit, they allowed this dude into kill team )

Also  demons can deepstrike there super heavy tier units, so you are not removing their important stuff before they get to you.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10679 on: November 15, 2018, 02:40:33 am »

That would be why I asked whether Andres meant lore or tabletop. Daemons in particular are subject to the vicissitudes of special rules in ways we can safely assume aren't meant to be reflective of changes in what they do in fluff.

That having been said, if you have a better idea, I'm all ears.
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 824