Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 944798 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #11070 on: February 04, 2019, 09:25:55 pm »

Nah, if Kroothereals were real, the Tau would become good because the Kroothereals would teach them how to melee

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #11071 on: February 05, 2019, 02:23:52 am »

Checkmate, atheists.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11072 on: February 05, 2019, 03:10:02 am »

Ethereals themselves are not terrible in melee.
It’s just the classism inherent in the society.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #11073 on: February 05, 2019, 07:24:46 am »

Ethereals themselves are not terrible in melee.
It’s just the classism inherent in the society.

No, they’re still pretty shit. They’re less shit, sure, but still shit.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11074 on: February 05, 2019, 08:54:06 am »

WS3+ with those honor blades, friend. They’re as good as an Eldar.

“Less shit” would be the 4+ of a guardsman, compared to the “shit” 5+ of a Tau.
They’re literally worse at fighting than a zombie.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11075 on: February 05, 2019, 08:56:28 am »

Yeah, be me running a KSons army and I see Ahriman across the table constantly leading a daemon soup or DP brigade or cultist swarm. 'Cos y'know, fuck flavor, people wanna win.

Also Tau do plenty in the 5th phase of the game. It's just that it happens to also be shooting.

My justification for Ahriman in my Chaos Band is that they're seeking the same thing and he's amused by the dumb-but-badass Warlord so he's content to let him remain in charge... For now.

Also I miss him throwing out all that mindbullet. Newer editions cut his powers per turn. I had him hold down a whole flank from attacking Space Marines. That was actually a fun battle. I made some excellent tactical decisions.

Also I took Chosen pound for pound into hand to hand with Terminators and fucked em up. My friend was a bit pissed about that. Dem power axes and fists.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11076 on: February 05, 2019, 09:14:23 am »

Who needs that shit when you have ALL THESE GUNS.

Time to deep strike some terminators.

One blood angels captain would be better then terminators squad. He can kill knight per turn.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11077 on: February 05, 2019, 09:25:14 am »

When did we all start talking tabletop?
I don’t hate it, but it seems new.

Also Terminators are weird now. Custodes Land Raiders used to have a 5++ invulnerable save, but it went away with 8th edition. Everyone was sad but hadn’t really come to terms yet with the fact that a 5++ on something so heavily armored only becomes useful against AP-4 or more.
Terminators are in the same boat, except a shadowsword certainly won’t be shooting at them- so why pay for a useless save?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11078 on: February 05, 2019, 09:54:44 am »

That face your opponent makes when you tell him your warboss wounds his Reaver Titan on 2’s.

I love for that face.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11079 on: February 05, 2019, 12:46:43 pm »

Is the face the deadpan: “Oh no. Nine wounds.”

Because anyone who is dropping over a thousand dollars on a model probably has a range of faces, and very few of them include your pimped out warboss.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11080 on: February 05, 2019, 02:26:59 pm »

Do titan weapons have a minimum range?  It would be tempting to apply a volcano cannon shot to said warboss.  Even if the blast might damage the reaver too.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11081 on: February 05, 2019, 03:56:26 pm »

Because anyone who is dropping over a thousand dollars on a model probably has a range of faces, and very few of them include your pimped out warboss.

Actually against a reaver a Warboss can get up to About 45 on average if his rolls are hot
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11082 on: February 05, 2019, 09:15:35 pm »

Do titan weapons have a minimum range?  It would be tempting to apply a volcano cannon shot to said warboss.  Even if the blast might damage the reaver too.

Two questions I have trouble believing a Princeps has ever had to consider: "Is that one Ork is actually a threat to me?" and "Do I need to shoot myself in the foot to kill one Ork?" "Yes." and "Maybe."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11083 on: February 05, 2019, 09:17:05 pm »

Actually against a reaver a Warboss can get up to About 45 on average if his rolls are hot
God, can you imagine the bragging rights? "Yeah, I killed most of a Titan by meself! I'm the biggest AND the strongest! WAAAGGGHHH!"

Two questions I have trouble believing a Princeps has ever had to consider: "Is that one Ork is actually a threat to me?" and "Do I need to shoot myself in the foot to kill one Ork?" "Yes." and "Maybe."
One name.

Wazdakka.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11084 on: February 06, 2019, 08:55:46 am »

How does one model wound 45 times on average? Assuming he hits on a 2+ because I don't know how Orks work, he'd need 9 attacks doing D6 wounds each, rolling a 6 on all his wound dice to get that.

edit: Which I think works out at around 18 attacks doing D6 mortal wounds each if he rolls "average" aka 4s on his wounds dice
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 08:58:26 am by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 824