Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 795

Author Topic: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")  (Read 582857 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #11805 on: September 23, 2019, 03:14:48 am »

So I ran my brother through the challenges of the Throne of Baphtar today.

Which system were you using by the way?

Black Crusade.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #11806 on: October 17, 2019, 06:11:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So I've been struggling to bring myself to paint or build stuff for a few months, and the first thing I do when I've regained some desire to create again is a ratling cultist converted from a bloodbowl halfling. I'm not even sure why I did this.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • WHERE'S YOUR MOTIVATION!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11807 on: October 17, 2019, 07:39:56 pm »

Because he's just so gosh darn adorable.
Quote from: Rumi
Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, and so I am changing myself.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #11808 on: November 15, 2019, 05:05:09 pm »

This is 40k, but eh, I don't think we have a half-alive FB thread.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/15/old-world-new-warhammer/
That took them a while to figure out...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr Harr Fiddldy Dee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11809 on: November 15, 2019, 08:46:39 pm »

What if we didnt completely alienate a large portion of our playerbase?  *thunking*
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11810 on: November 16, 2019, 06:08:47 am »

Wasteful news!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11811 on: November 16, 2019, 05:33:24 pm »

What if this was their plan all along like how going to new coke back to coke classic boosted sales overall
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11812 on: November 16, 2019, 05:56:09 pm »

Maybe, not like I can spend money on it, but I'm sure I'll never would spend anything on Age of Duels of Planeswalker while FB has all the charm and I would do spend money on it if I could.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11813 on: November 18, 2019, 09:02:52 am »

What if we didnt completely alienate a large portion of our playerbase?  *thunking*

You do realize you're in a thread about a Games Workshop game, right? They consider alienating only half of their player base a bad day.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11814 on: November 18, 2019, 12:23:44 pm »

What happens to a blank if they were dropped into the warp itself directly, through Gellar Field failure, etc.
Would they keep their own bubble of non-warp or smoothed out warp around them, or would the raw power of the warp overwhelm and consume them?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11815 on: November 18, 2019, 12:27:36 pm »

Not an unpopular opinion, but goddamn... they couldnt have made the Mortal Realms any more bland and generic.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • WHERE'S YOUR MOTIVATION!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11816 on: November 18, 2019, 12:42:34 pm »

What happens to a blank if they were dropped into the warp itself directly, through Gellar Field failure, etc.
Would they keep their own bubble of non-warp or smoothed out warp around them, or would the raw power of the warp overwhelm and consume them?

They'd probably just suffocate. A blank in the warp is really just a human existing outside physical reality, without all the things the human body needs to survive.
Quote from: Rumi
Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, and so I am changing myself.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11817 on: November 18, 2019, 01:47:51 pm »

Perhaps they just "resurface" back to this dimension like the Tau ships do. Then yeah, proceed to suffocate anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #11818 on: November 19, 2019, 04:58:45 am »

They'd probably just suffocate. A blank in the warp is really just a human existing outside physical reality, without all the things the human body needs to survive.
Warp travel and gellar field are two different things - after all, blanks can travel through Warp on a ship. So presumably if the ship drops their field, they just remain on the ship in Warp, and breathe the air on the ship. Also, depends on power of a blank - some of them are just "blank", having no soul and not neccesarily nullifying any magic around them, while some (Omega-) are probably capable of creating their own "gellar fields" of sorts. In first case they get killed, in second case they get killed after a while.
If a blank were stuck in warp itself, with no ship, then probably it depends, I guess warp is weird, but at least partially there are material things in warp, like whole planets, where they could technically survive. Warp is weird, it seems things like air tend to not matter, but is's probably due to magic, so maybe if some blank got airlock'd out of a ship in warp they could suffocate, or maybe just hang around until they die from thirst or, more probably, daemons.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11819 on: November 19, 2019, 07:52:15 am »

Strangely we don't actually know much about how blanks work when not in realspace. I don't think there's been any stories in which any get sent into the Eye of Terror, Maelstrom or other permanent chaos storms. In theory the strongest ones are almost immune to daemonic assault, with daemons melting away before they reach them because of the warp being suppressed, but how that would work in the daemon's own reality hasn't been explored to my knowledge.

It's possible for mortals to survive in the warp, besides the poorly written Kaldor Draigo there's also chaos champions, orkz, a silver armoured warrior who managed to face Slaanesh personally before falling, some chaos marines travel with no gellar field, the teleporting space crocodiles and various other bits and pieces here and there, so maybe a blank would just get stuck walking around the nightmarish landscape that some beings perceive the warp as.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 795