Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 952121 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

because we started the FUCK ELVES meme as a joke but then got a little carried away
I think is because they keep refusing to accept wooden crafts in their trade caravans.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #11866 on: September 12, 2020, 03:32:12 pm »

Blood Bowl games are all on sale right now. Why one is the best and why? Is there a pack with certain teams I want to get/avoid?

because we started the FUCK ELVES meme as a joke but then got a little carried away
I think is because they keep refusing to accept wooden crafts in their trade caravans.

Or any food in a wooden barrel, or anything in a wooden box. And no warning, it just ended trade.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #11867 on: September 12, 2020, 07:04:43 pm »

I think 1 is more complete??? But 2 has fun announcers! So up to you really, theyre pretty much the same
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11868 on: October 02, 2020, 03:45:22 pm »

And then Guilliman , being the out of touch old man he is, woke up and took the meme literally.
Primarch Roboomer Guilleman

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11869 on: October 02, 2020, 06:05:25 pm »

Or any food in a wooden barrel, or anything in a wooden box. And no warning, it just ended trade.

Wasn't also that most of what elf caravans brought was bins of cloth, and the more they liked you the more cloth they brought over cool shit like caged leopards?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11870 on: November 12, 2020, 12:07:20 pm »

Spoiler: Black Templar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fabius Bile (click to show/hide)

Been a long time since I posted any minis here, so here's my two most recently finished items.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11871 on: November 12, 2020, 01:25:33 pm »

Neat! That black templar shield though, wowzers, paragons of practicality as always :p

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11872 on: November 12, 2020, 02:18:58 pm »

Fabulous Bile's facial skin and clothes skin were done really well, I usually fail to capture the "life" in skin tones. You also just know the Black Templar is wielding one of his predecessors

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11873 on: November 12, 2020, 02:38:56 pm »

I would have liked to have more than 3 skintones across Fabius Bile, but I settled on three easy ones. Two built up from a dark fleshtone into Pallid Wych Flesh for the pale skin and Cadian Fleshtone for the tan skin, and a simple brown tone of Rhinox Hide highlighted with Catachan Flesh because it's the only way to paint brown skin that I've been satisfied with so far. My older attempts look too similar to how I paint belts and bags.

As for the shield, given that the skeleton has a service stud and the metal sockets for the black carapace to interface with power armour, it's definitely a space marine skeleton, as is the one that goes with the matching Primaris Bladeguard Ancient.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11874 on: November 12, 2020, 02:43:47 pm »

Semi unrelated, but I really should find time to paint those battletech minis I'm sitting on.  Heroclix had a set of paintable x-men minis recently too.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11875 on: November 15, 2020, 06:44:35 am »

As for the shield, given that the skeleton has a service stud and the metal sockets for the black carapace to interface with power armour, it's definitely a space marine skeleton, as is the one that goes with the matching Primaris Bladeguard Ancient.
Even in death I serve!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11876 on: November 15, 2020, 07:32:16 am »

Well, SM bones ought to be really effective at blocking things.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11877 on: November 15, 2020, 09:26:50 am »

Don't Space Marine ribcages fuse together? And also, isn't their scab tissue bone?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11878 on: November 15, 2020, 10:37:07 am »

Don't Space Marine ribcages fuse together? And also, isn't their scab tissue bone?

Their ribcages are supposed to fuse into overlapping plates*, but they've basically always been depicted as still having individual ribs in artwork and miniatures. It's one of the many incongruities of their fluff description and their visual depiction, like the classic minis being short, bow-legged and having overly long arms.

Their scabs aren't bone, they just produce biosynthetic scar tissue in one of their implants that seals over wounds with more effectiveness than an actual scab. You might be thinking of the fact their skeletons absorb ceramite from their food, making their bones far stronger than they should be.

*I think it used to be a single solid mass of bone rather than overlapping plates, but I think it got retconned into a version that would allow them to actually breathe. Or perhaps the solid bone mass descriptions were poetic exaggerations, I'd need to go find an old space marine codex to check how it was phrased in the past. I mostly play Chaos Marines, and their codicies don't describe the organs.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 824