Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 954007 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K discussion thread: TTS is dead: so long, and thanks for all the bolters.
« Reply #12030 on: November 05, 2021, 01:14:43 pm »

You laugh but I'd totally herald the arrival of my nurgle marines with stink candles.

Rhino shaped candle holders even.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K discussion thread: TTS is dead: so long, and thanks for all the bolters.
« Reply #12031 on: November 05, 2021, 01:44:58 pm »

Well that is your fault for siding with the enemies of mankind. Not that a marine sealed in its suit for several days under heavy combat would smell particulary good, or perhaps it would, given the suit recycles sweat and all that. But would still leave a salty crust on their skin I would guess.

And guardsman lets face it, must smell like crap most of the time while on active combat and then even when not.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12032 on: November 05, 2021, 02:14:52 pm »

If Gwyneth Paltrow can make a line of candles that smell like her vagoo, I don't see how we can reasonably deny Nurgle the right to make candles that smell like his unmentionables.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12033 on: November 05, 2021, 03:22:24 pm »

Thioacetone candles would probably actually be subject to fairly stringent legal restrictions, for what it's worth. Like, there's stank, and then there's evacuate several blocks of urban landscape stank, y'know?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12034 on: November 05, 2021, 05:04:19 pm »

I think Plague Marines should get magic stink candles instead of mines... are mines even a thing on the tabletop???
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12035 on: November 05, 2021, 07:29:17 pm »

They've appeared in the tabletop game in a few forms over the years.  The only version I'm intimately familiar with would be the mine laying missiles that 5th edition whirlwinds got, which may still exist for all I know.  I think it created a patch of terrain that attacked anything moving through it or even jump jet infantry flying over it on a 4+ or something.

Pretty sure they appear in scenario or mission rules in a similar fashion, and I imagine other armies have or had rules similar to the whirlwind's missiles.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12036 on: November 05, 2021, 08:59:39 pm »

Tyranid spore mines, floating gas ball bits of tyranid bits.  Biovores shot them as ammunition, and I think back in the day if the biovore missed the spore mine could still survive and float around.  You could also take a unit of spore mines and have them deep strike somewhere.  With WH40K's general competitve bend these days I doubt they exist anymore, maybe some stratagem spawns them or something.

I imagine wayyy back when Catachan got a unique codex they had some sort of rules for booby traps, what with it being a rambo vietnam flashback.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12037 on: November 22, 2021, 07:58:08 pm »

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/13/psychic-awakening-beyond-the-startide-nexusgw-homepage-post-2/

I just love all the stories where Tau interact with warp stuff. It's really refreshing to get a young perspective on the things everyone else has been dealing with for aeons

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12038 on: November 22, 2021, 10:11:05 pm »

The tau weren't prepared for mucus-ridden energy beams.

Also, there are just an unreasonable number of apostrophes in that story.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12039 on: November 23, 2021, 07:44:40 am »

H'e'r'e's'y'!'
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12040 on: November 24, 2021, 01:59:04 am »

Do the Adepta Sororitas have too many morale boosters in their army? They've got the Imagifiers, the Dialogi, the Preachers, and the Dogmatas. That's a lot of people speaking, praying, and singing loudly to get you pumped up.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12041 on: November 24, 2021, 03:47:51 am »

Do the Adepta Sororitas have too many morale boosters in their army? They've got the Imagifiers, the Dialogi, the Preachers, and the Dogmatas. That's a lot of people speaking, praying, and singing loudly to get you pumped up.

No.
First, Adepta Sororitas are often divided up to support Imperial Guard/Fraternial Militia units.  So the Morale Boosters aren't necessarily all in one unit.
Second, Adepta Sororitas derive their power from Faith.  More Faith = More Power.  Their morale boosters are supposed to put them into Space Marine Level of Zeal.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12042 on: November 24, 2021, 07:54:51 am »

Put another way, they have a banner carrier, a priest, a cheap priest and a commisar.

It's a fairly standard array of support characters, comparable to what you find in a lot of imperial factions except for the lack of a psyker.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12043 on: November 24, 2021, 09:15:29 am »

Put another way, they have a banner carrier, a priest, a cheap priest and a commisar.

It's a fairly standard array of support characters, comparable to what you find in a lot of imperial factions except for the lack of a psyker.

Don't they have a Sister Superior that shoots fireballs with her prayers?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12044 on: November 25, 2021, 11:59:05 am »

Don't they have a Sister Superior that shoots fireballs with her prayers?

Not sure, haven't kept track of what the sisters can do. Their faith powers can do a bunch of stuff, so if one can shoot flames to cause MWs it wouldn't surprise me.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 824