Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 954899 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2895 on: February 04, 2016, 10:36:01 pm »

For You This Christmas I Have Brought PURGATION.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: February 05, 2016, 05:42:07 am »

YOU'VE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY HERETIC, EVERYBODY'S GETTING TURNED INTO CHARCOAL
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: February 05, 2016, 01:23:01 pm »

Konrad Kurze, the true humanist materium needed, but could not accept.
He managed to punch crime out of existance and create true utopia.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: February 05, 2016, 01:46:56 pm »

Konrad Kurze, the true humanist materium needed, but could not accept.
He managed to punch crime out of existance and create true utopia.
I have always found him the most interesting primarch.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: February 05, 2016, 02:28:35 pm »

He kinda comes off as a whiny bitch in the HH series. Instead of "boo, nobody loves me so I'm going to be my own person" it's "boo, nobody loves me so I'm going to torment the people I secretly crave the approval of."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 02:30:13 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: February 05, 2016, 03:24:29 pm »

Honestly, Curze seems to be the primarch that was least able to deal with the emperor's aloofness and lack of fatherly touch with his sons. He's like Magnus in that sense, except Magnus actualy got massively dickslapped by tzeench's schemes, which kinda justifies his issues, while Curze just kind of seems ot have emo'd it out on his own, prob due to his upbringing in the world he ended up at. In fact, he emo's it out so hard that it seems that chaos didn't even have a big part in his corruption, its like he was actively seeking to cause problems because he was bitter with the emperor and thought he would get rid of him when he stopped being useful, or something.

Even Lorgar's actions are more justified then Curze's tbh.

Curze also had a strange form of precognition power which seemed to be partly fueled by his own paranoia, which may have been manipulated by chaos to make him extra emo, but eh. Curze is a lousy batman with daddy issues.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:28:34 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: February 05, 2016, 03:39:58 pm »

He simply had maniac levels of depression, and it shows how an unstable super human with such issues could turn out. Then he simply didn't gave a fuck, not to the emperor, chaos or anything. He could have stopped his legions hideous acts but he didn't do it. Also he did start fucking around without the need of chaos crap, he was bitter and ruthless by himself. Also he's the embodiment of self-fulfilling prophesies.

But beyond that there's something that seems interesting for me in him, perhaps by the fact I'm a bit nihilistic myself.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: February 05, 2016, 04:30:57 pm »

What I do like about the Nightlords is.....they hate each other. They don't even like their Primarch. Their Primarch didn't even really like them. Emperor was like "here's your sons" and Cruze was like "Fuck 'em."

Compared to virtually every other Primarch and how they interacted with their legions, the NL and Cruze was kind of refreshingly different. Closest any other Legion comes to that is the World Eaters, but even they lurv Angron despite the fact he doesn't really lurv them back (at least until later in the series.)

Too bad most things Cruze and Nightlords are a total drag to read
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: February 05, 2016, 04:33:21 pm »

thought he would get rid of him when he stopped being useful, or something.
To be fair, the Emperor did do that to the Thunder Warriors (not that the Primarchs knew about those, I would suppose.)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: February 05, 2016, 05:03:59 pm »

Not....quite. The Emperor didn't get rid of the Thunder Warriors. He just created them with a finite expiration date. TW are actually more badass than Space Marines; but their physiology makes their prolonged existence untenable. Emps created the Thunder Warriors to secure Earth but he didn't have a long-term plan for them. Space Marines were his long term plan for reconquering the galaxy.

Although to be fair to the Thunder Warriors, that nuance probably doesn't mean much.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: February 05, 2016, 08:30:12 pm »

I thought that once Earth was just about conquered, he basically used them as cannon fodder for the last couple cities? Like, sure, expiration date, whatever, but he still made sure to get rid of 'em once he had the means to replace them, if I remember right.

I also disagree with your definition of badass; if physical attributes were all that mattered, the Nids and Orks would have the market cornered.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: February 05, 2016, 08:33:21 pm »

The fate of the Thunder Warriors is one of those things GW can't keep the fluff straight on. At one point they died of old age, at another Emps had them exterminated by early Astartes, and at others there are stories about surviving Thunder Warriors being alive on Terra in M42.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2907 on: February 05, 2016, 09:46:00 pm »

I think the story goes on like that they started to die out of old age and realized that the Big E did it kind of on purpose so some of they rebelled and got shoot, but a few of them somehow survived and might have found a way to become immortal like regular marines (Khârn who got born on Terra during the Unification wars, though that might be due to Chaos).
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: February 05, 2016, 09:51:45 pm »

I think the story goes on like that they started to die out of old age and realized that the Big E did it kind of on purpose so some of they rebelled and got shoot, but a few of them somehow survived and might have found a way to become immortal like regular marines (Khârn who got born on Terra during the Unification wars, though that might be due to Chaos).
I think some of them do turn to chaos and become members of the legions of the damned
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: February 05, 2016, 10:07:59 pm »

I'd be pissed too if I found out my ruler could have given me immortality but decided not to because I might betray him or something.

Self-fulfilling prophecy there, really.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 824