Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 954699 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #4680 on: July 03, 2016, 10:56:28 am »

that doesn't make me feel better at all if anything it makes it worse ;-;
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: July 03, 2016, 11:11:41 am »

I know, which is why I'm sad the awesome ideas won't be made
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: July 03, 2016, 04:36:20 pm »

"A pianist must learn martial arts in order to beat up some Irish bloke"

Shaolin Sonata.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4683 on: July 03, 2016, 07:48:37 pm »

Gaunt's Ghosts is pretty cut-and-dry in terms of followable plot. I would watch a Gaunt's Ghosts Siege of Vervunhive movie. I'd watch the shit out of that movie.
Honest to god, I would hold the fucking line if it meant Necropolis got made into an accurate adaptation

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: July 03, 2016, 08:20:44 pm »

So how about them Sisters Of Battle. Apparently, there's at least one that serves Slaanesh. That amuses me as I could've sworn they were like completely un-corruptible.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4685 on: July 03, 2016, 08:28:22 pm »

So how about them Sisters Of Battle. Apparently, there's at least one that serves Slaanesh. That amuses me as I could've sworn they were like completely un-corruptible.
There's a hell of a lot of all of them, so that helps. Chaos has a much harder time getting a grip of people whose faith is IRONCLAD, and in terms of this, SOBs have faith in terms of a 40k Imperator class battleship vs a Victorian coal powered dreadnought. All the same, when you have uncountable troops, you're gonna have some that lose faith eventually at some point, that's why they have penitent assassin cults and such.

Also to boot, one thing of note IIRC, is that though no Grey Knights have fallen to chaos, Tzeentch managed to sow a single seed of doubt in one Grey Knight, that is supposed to become something significant if the plot ever advances. It's easy to lose track of how characters like the SOB or GK are the most fervent faithful out of gorillions of already incredibly faithful people, so that's a shit ton of purity seals we're talking about

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: July 03, 2016, 08:47:06 pm »

You know, I could definitely live with it if Geedubs purged the Grey Knights. The Ultras have some real fans out there, but I strongly suspect that Matt Ward is the only person who was ever super into the GKs. I don't even remember what they were like before he fucked their lore up, I'm not even certain they existed before the Ward Era.
out of gorillions
FIVE. QUADRILLION.

MY HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL STATISTICS WILL NOT BE DENIED
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4687 on: July 03, 2016, 08:53:04 pm »

Considering the growth, I would say that humans are literally infinite.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4688 on: July 03, 2016, 09:16:52 pm »

You know, I could definitely live with it if Geedubs purged the Grey Knights. The Ultras have some real fans out there, but I strongly suspect that Matt Ward is the only person who was ever super into the GKs. I don't even remember what they were like before he fucked their lore up, I'm not even certain they existed before the Ward Era.
Before ward era they were like living maguffins, like if the Men in Black were walking battle tanks. I think the thing about them was that they were the most mysterious militant branch of one of the strangest branches of the secretive inquistion, they did not feel like space marines, feeling more like terrifying executioners. On the tabletop due to a lack of updates they were not competitive at all, requiring expert control to not horribly fail, which I think is appropriate for inquisition resources. You had to essentially have a stormtrooper backbone with chimeras galore, with the actual Grey Knights serving as a surgeon's scalpal to eliminating high value targets before escaping from tarpits and allowing stormtroopers to clean up the rest (as the poor guys often have to do) or bring in orbital bombardment.

In the new edition fluffwise they were... Ok, ignore Ward fluff. New BL fluff sounds pretty awesome, I haven't read it myself but reading the synopsis it sounds more like they portray the GK less as men in black and more as SCP + inquisition, dealing with the vastness of chaos because nobody else can
On the tabletop, they suffered an initial backlash due to immense cheese, baby carriers and Matt, but now they are less "storm troopers doing all the work whilst the surgeons do god knows what" and more "MIND BULLETS, I USE MIND BULLETS AHAHAHAHA MAGIC MISSILE MAGIC MISSILE MAGIC MISSILE" with the addendum that you may still need to bring along stormtroopers (getting no breaks), but the GK can definitely hold their own as a standalone, where they effectively function as a small, localized exterminatus - fittingly, focused on killing very big things, demonic things, big demonic things, and more or less ok at killing small single wound heretics (though large massive groups of small normal things will eventually overwhelm them, so leave that crap to stormtroopers).

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: July 03, 2016, 09:54:16 pm »

You know, if I was to make a FPS about 40k, I'd make many. But the first would be as an Inquisitorial Stormtrooper.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4690 on: July 03, 2016, 10:08:47 pm »

I would want Imperial Guard (or hell, just generic Wh40k fps with Space Marines and the rest) fps with symetrical (Guard vs Heretics, Marines vs Chaos Marines) and asymetrical (CSM vs IG, IG vs Tau, whatever) warfare and unit skins depending on the map and vehicles...
Basically Rival Species but actually working and relased and commercial and whatnot.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: July 03, 2016, 10:17:31 pm »

That as well. And honestly I'd want each factionracething to play entirely different from one another and FEEL different. Guardsmen should feel like Red Orchestra, Tau are much more.. i don't even know tbh but i want it-Lotsamechs!

Etc, etc.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4692 on: July 03, 2016, 10:33:00 pm »

Tau should be like nearly all snipers.
It would be funny to watch them stabbed to death on Stalingrad-esque map.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: July 03, 2016, 11:46:57 pm »

FIVE. QUADRILLION.

MY HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL STATISTICS WILL NOT BE DENIED
I believe the actual population of the Imperium was five to fifteen quintillion.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: July 03, 2016, 11:49:28 pm »

Tau should be like nearly all snipers.
It would be funny to watch them stabbed to death on Stalingrad-esque map.
I'm not gonna lie I'd expect Tau to just be Titanfall with less falling and more Titan-ing
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 824