Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 954691 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K thread: from the Warp it cameth forth: Plot Advancement.
« Reply #8820 on: May 15, 2017, 09:29:44 pm »

damn pols
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: May 16, 2017, 01:57:38 am »

I like the Doom remake. It's a remake.

Also didn't Robut do a bundle of admin when he awoke? Basically fired half of the high lords, and such.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: May 16, 2017, 02:41:43 am »

Ehm, there is some fluff about some UNCORRAPTABLY UNCORRAPTABLE ordo malleus inquisitors recieving audience with emperor to become EVEN MORE UNCORRAPTABLY UNCORRUPTABLE in their UNCORRAPTUBLE UNCORRUPTABLENESS, but were there even hints on what happens in the throne room during audience?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8823 on: May 16, 2017, 05:15:35 am »

There have been some people talking with Big E, through the time he was on his Golden Pooper, some Astropaths claim he spoke to them, during the soul-binding, there's always the Imperial Tarot, and whatnot.
But nobody actually knows what's happening inside tbh.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8824 on: May 16, 2017, 06:00:10 am »

imperial tarot is one of the fine examples of superstition that might be real via belief..
humans are on the way to becoming orcs
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8825 on: May 16, 2017, 06:22:12 am »

Eh, the real Tarot is done with psychoplastic cards. It really just shows you warp omens that may or may not be occasionally influenced by the Emperor. I don't really see human belief having any involvement in what is basically just a super crude version of Eldar divining runes
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: May 16, 2017, 06:28:09 am »

imperial tarot is one of the fine examples of superstition that might be real via belief..
Aren't machine spirits very much the same thing? Pretty much every human thinks human machines have spirits in them, so they do. And nobody but humans themselves and orks can actually use human tech.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: May 16, 2017, 06:31:39 am »

Aren't machine spirits very much the same thing? Pretty much every human thinks human machines have spirits in them, so they do. And nobody but humans themselves and orks can actually use human tech.

I thought other races could but it either quickly falls apart or the physics that it ran on suddenly doesn't apply and well.

Similar to the Orks but not as nonsense (As in the Ork's tech often has no basis for functioning. It just looks cool)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:33:46 am by Neonivek »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: May 16, 2017, 06:32:42 am »

Here's a question, is belief in Gork and Mork another hardcoded orky know-what?
Seems like a silly thing for the old ones to throw in, unless it was part of their 'master plan'.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: May 16, 2017, 06:35:31 am »

Here's a question, is belief in Gork and Mork another hardcoded orky know-what?
Seems like a silly thing for the old ones to throw in, unless it was part of their 'master plan'.

I know it sounds silly but my personal Head canon is even though Gork and Mork are believed in... They were originally just philosophical concepts (Told in stories) that exemplified and codified the Ork way of living.

Which of course means they became living gods eventually.

As for why Orks completely disconnected from them know about them... Well there is the psionic field Orks give off that can bridge space time... As well as the whole "If it is true, then people come up with it" that is often used in fiction.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: May 16, 2017, 06:37:53 am »

My theory is that Gork and Mork were the two Old Ones tasked with leading the original Orks in war, who were promptly deified by the Orks who continue to worship ideals based on them and their disparate tactical preferences.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8831 on: May 16, 2017, 08:36:35 am »

Machine Spirits are healthy mix of technology so advanced it seems like magic, leftover AIs, not-actually-AIs but advanced programming, brains-in-jars, psychic imprint of dead crews and people who worked on those machines and yes, indeed, a belief it works, so while the concept exists, it's not like it's just simply "it happens because we belive it happens", there are a lot of actual causes for stuff to happen even without belief.
Also, Chaos, Tau and Eldar can use human tech, Eldar just usually refuse to because it's so infernor, Tau just reverse engineer it and while Chaos usually doesn't use the newer stuff, but that's only because they lack the facilities to mass produce that shit.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: May 16, 2017, 08:59:40 am »

I have a theory regarding machine spirits. Everything has a psychic imprint in the warp, including non-living things. The more complex those things, the more complex the imprints. Since machines are complex things, they would have complex imprints, and that complexity in the warp is why machine spirits are as weird as they are.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: May 16, 2017, 12:40:56 pm »

About the Emperor: Wasn't there some speculation that he is an eternal, so if he ever truly dies he will be reborn? I think there is even a cult that has that as one of its core tenets.

Nobody really wants to find out for sure though, and even if he is eternal what if it takes a while for him to return?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8834 on: May 16, 2017, 12:43:09 pm »

Well even if it took him but a second to respawn... it would be a unparalleled disaster that would immediately implode the imperium.
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 824