Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 954714 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: Lictor, P.I.
« Reply #9555 on: October 19, 2017, 07:34:45 pm »

I watched a few missions worth of the cutscenes on Youtube. That was enough.

Spoiler: Seriously though. (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9556 on: October 19, 2017, 08:18:14 pm »

Oh yeah, I haven't played the campaign, just some online matches.
EDIT:
Wait what the Inquisitor is named Holt, hold the fuck on, wait what, HWAT?
IT CANNOT BE?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 08:24:47 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9557 on: October 20, 2017, 05:13:46 am »

Oh yeah, I haven't played the campaign, just some online matches.
EDIT:
Wait what the Inquisitor is named Holt, hold the fuck on, wait what, HWAT?
IT CANNOT BE?
Oh hey an Inquisitor who uses their authority to make the Imperium better

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9558 on: October 20, 2017, 10:29:43 am »

> imllying, that inquisition ever did not work for making galaxy better place

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9559 on: October 20, 2017, 10:44:22 am »

Quote from:  Gabriel Angelos of the Blood Ravens
It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb. Inevitably many will fault the hands upon the sword which felled Typhon, the Ordo Malleus. But the Inquisition merely performs the duty of its office. To further fear them is redundant; to hate them, heretical. Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced the hands of the Inquisition. With some fortune, they may foster this hatred into purpose, and further rule their own fate by coming to the Emperor's service.

Yet ultimately, it was I who set these events into motion, with a single blow from my hammer, God Splitter.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9560 on: October 20, 2017, 10:48:52 am »

Is that a positive or negative?

I for one loved DoW 2. Playing fluffmarines was real fun.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #9561 on: October 20, 2017, 02:19:20 pm »

You know, I've gotten the 8th edition rule book, and after reading over it and the lore behind the Primaris and Girlymans resurrection, I've got a rather big question.

Why the hell isn't /TG/ raging right now?

I mean, Rouboute Guilliman just came back from the dead, somehow created a race of super-space marines that are better than what the EMPEROR created, stole the freaking Emperor's sword, and is leading a crusade around the galaxy. With stats for using the emporers freaking sword.

In addition, the rule-books lore section has a lot of borderline Matt Wardish lines like "possibly the most honored of all chapters" (In reference to the Smurfs), and the Ultramarines kinda have ended up being the Imperium's hero.

I know probably noone on this forum probably cares as much as me, but if anyones got some insight, it'd be nice. Its just weird that i come back from a two month vacation and things are going exactly the opposite of how I would have thought they would
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9562 on: October 20, 2017, 02:38:03 pm »

The Wardish lines are probably because they hired Ward again if my memory serves. There was just a sort of low grade grumbling about it.

Thing is that 4chan is one of the parts of the internet that's been hyping itself up about daemon primarchs and such returning for years, so when they actually came back and it looks like we'll get Horus Heresy round 2 they're mostly on board.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9563 on: October 20, 2017, 02:48:56 pm »

Plus from what I've read on the chan wiki they seem to be mostly laughing at the primaris shit, because it is kinda stupid.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9564 on: October 20, 2017, 03:09:17 pm »

We're tired. We just pretend nothing happened.
Technically Cawl was apparently making them for thousands of years (and we have yet to see how well it actually works out), and eh, it's not like the whole thing is actually completly random, it took them some buildup and they kinda explain the things a bit. The Ultramarine propganda is just Ultramarine propaganda, and Girlyman at least has enough brains to be annoyed with that bullshit, both Ultramarine and even The Greater-est of them all themselves, since in retrospect he thinks that Cawl fucked up really hard, although it should be noted Rawbutt actually become cynical as fuck - mainly because Emperor turned out to be (or maybe just become like that, that's what happens to people after few thousand years of being unable to scratch their nose) extremly ruthless and cold, and in a way very, very beffiting of his title as God, although it should be considered that while Horus decided to start whole Heresy clusterfuck due to being unloved, Bobby G just went "oh okay" when it turned out there will be no hugs, and just carried on with his job of trying to make things like they all wanted to long ago, which is glorious and golden.
The Indomitus Crusade didin't actually gain a lot, all it did was to slow down or even stop the constant losses Imperium started to suffer around when the whole Cadia thing happened, and allowed him to sorta stabilize the Imperium and take first steps in un-fucking it, even if Inquisiton is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing at the mere idea, although he totally gave up on trying to make some truths known, since people just didin't care (insert Life Of Brian messiah jokes here), and it has been like 100 years already.

From other news, half of the Imperium got fucked. This isin't an overstatement, literally half of the Imperium is now beyond light of Astronomican and nobody really knows what's going on there. Probably heresy. Shit on Armageddon got so bad that Orks now have a truce with Imperium to try and survive against Daemonic invasions. There are reports of Chaos Eldar, Necrons are making their way in the direction of Tau, Tyranids got relatively fucked by the new FUCKHUGE WARP STORM, so it means theHive Fleets are less of an problem, although some apparently mutated and now prey on other Hive Fleets too. Daemonic Tyranids much?

In general the whole thing seems to be done less in the way of "PRIMARIS MARINES WE WIN EVERYTHING LMAO SPIRITUAL LIEGE", and more advancing the plot but still keeping the status quo that we all love to hate, just giving themselves a bit of space to introduce new toys. The Matt Wardian passages seem to be limited to being Matt Wardian propaganda, while actual things don't look so great.
Tl;Dr Everything is still well and grimdark on the Warhammer front.

Also Cato Sicarius seems to be gone, so there's that.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9565 on: October 20, 2017, 03:10:26 pm »

You know, I've gotten the 8th edition rule book, and after reading over it and the lore behind the Primaris and Girlymans resurrection, I've got a rather big question.

Why the hell isn't /TG/ raging right now?
The anons have attained nirvana by forsaking desire for GW miniatures and lore, writing their own lore and using their own miniatures manufactured by 3D printers or based chinamen. They now observe GW selling £500 minis with complimentary free ayy lmaos with the peace of a soul who has abandoned the concept of self.

Real answer: They're more focused on the Imperial Guard buffs right now.

Speaking of lore, I've been wondering. The Imperium of Man can survive just about anything, as it has been just about surviving anything. Every atom to every sector is geared around grinding all internal dissent and external threats down through the sheer march of time and boots, but what happens if they won? What would happen if the Tyranids were forced to another galaxy, if the Orks were contained to their worlds with no more space hulks and space ships, if the Necrons were put to sleep for good, if the warp was stabilized with materium pylons, if peace was brokered with the Eldar and the Tau eliminated, what would happen then?
Could all of those worlds, full of so many soldiers, political officers, administrators, mechanicus cultists, zealots, barbarians, space marines and inquisitors, having survived all the universe had to throw at them - could they then survive peace?
How does one live after the world of only war?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9566 on: October 20, 2017, 03:31:33 pm »

By bringing your own war, of course.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9567 on: October 20, 2017, 03:45:03 pm »

By bringing your own war, of course.

This. The Imperium depends on war to keep its industrial base going and its populace occupied. Much like Oceania, it must fight to persist. If it cannot find heretics for the Guard and the Marines to die fighting, it will invent more as required.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9568 on: October 20, 2017, 04:03:57 pm »

This. The Imperium depends on war to keep its industrial base going and its populace occupied. Much like Oceania, it must fight to persist. If it cannot find heretics for the Guard and the Marines to die fighting, it will invent more as required.
Yeah but imagine all the things happening in between, and imagine the people who try making the first steps towards a post-war economic recovery, the kinds of people who stop melting down statues to make artillery shells, and start melting down artillery shells to make statues.

Space marines wandering, immortal, purposeless like ronin and errant knights.
Kriegers, happy, having lived to actually see forgiveness, trying to learn what it means to be human.
Catachanians become known as space australians, but otherwise very little else changes about their existence.
Ogryns become stars of Tallarn Rugby Roulette and household names of disreputable taverns.
The Adeptus Mechanics sends forth explorator fleets with renewed vigour, setting up new centers of documentation and archiving rediscovering all that humans lost on dead worlds, dead worlds now seeing colonization by a human population recovering from the endless war.
The Imperial Navy remains the same, as one of the very few institutions in the Imperium incapable of changing - but is bolstered by the addition of new capital ships, as the turtle's pace of Imperial ship production exceeds attrition.
The Inquisition, the Arbites, Deathwatch and the Sisters of Battle increasingly turn their eyes inwards to maintaining the political integrity of the Imperium. As mankind ceases to have common foes, the secret police ensure arguments do not become secession, and the scary face of the overt police in the Commissariat ensure any ambitious governors lodge complaints first with the Imperium (the complaints department is a bolt pistol).
The administratum attempts to sort out the Herculean effort of solving the Imperium's bloated bureaucracy and buried records, buried under millennia of more records, receipts and laws, but they actually manage to begin making progress - they set up a new department for managing the paperwork of paperwork managing. Nonetheless administratum morale is at an all time high, with request forms for reproduction pairing inspections through the roof.
Way in the upper echelons of society, governors, princes, admirals, administrators, dictators, captains, lords, inquisitors and fabricator generals begin the mad scramble for influence over their own private princedoms with which to call their domain, with an elaborate game of cosmic cloak and dagger from which few Imperials can survive for long. Business as usual more or less continues, but most planets find their Imperial tithe changing to knowledge, energy and humans - only now, the humans join the Imperial Guard to engage in elaborate civil engineering projects. Planetary defences are a high priority amongst such development, as old habits die hard, and men in fortifications die harder.
Hive worlds begin flooding with wealth and arts, like a neo-Shanghai in space now with more smooth jazz, as more and more of Hive society begins enjoying in the good life, free from starvation, xenos predation and culling missions, though the Ecclesiarchy, Mechanicus and Administratum still sends forth expeditions to "recruit" hivers when the staff lists are running a bit short. All the uncountable Imperial Guardsmen finally get to settle down on a world somewhere, some of them vowing to return to a home they once had, if it still exists, others just glad to get to die standing - this time, with a family. Leman Russes roll around farms with ploughs attached to the back, their tractor treads finding a place right at home on verdant agri-worlds.
Pilgrims travel throughout the Imperium, spreading with them ideas and fables, and no one dares scam them lest they fall into disrepute with the pilgrim's guards - great statues, that in a time long ago were called "Black Templars."
With the military necessity for Titan construction absent, a constitutional crisis occurs within the Adeptus Mechanicus as to whether the methods employed in constructing additional Titans is tech-heresy or a holy necessity.
The Ordo Malleus and the Ordo Ordinatus go around identifying, quarantining and clearing worlds that could become habitable, once all the unexploded doomsday weapons and screaming soul-foliage is cleared.
Imperial Death Cults and Khornate Death Cults begin a secret war that occasionally explodes into all-out murderfests, but no one else wants to step in and stop the disturbing murder goblins, as they otherwise stick to the shady undersides of urbanized Imperial worlds.
Remembrancers make a comeback, as the Imperium begins recording the time of restored tranquility, fully expecting war to return at any moment.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9569 on: October 20, 2017, 04:10:09 pm »

Alternatively, the lack of need for the Mechanicus' weapons production gives the Ecclesiarchy reason to suggest the Treaty of Olympus has expired and all this "Omnissiah" heresy should stop, at which point they rebel and we have another galaxy-spanning civil war.
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 824