Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 954618 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: Lictor, P.I.
« Reply #9945 on: January 09, 2018, 12:04:21 pm »

They are infiltrating! Quick, burn the xenos with purifying flame!

ORC International (they seem to be some kind of focus group/survey company, so definitely heretics of some kind :P)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9946 on: January 09, 2018, 12:48:32 pm »

As I still haven’t gotten my Thousand Sons codex, label me unamused.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9947 on: January 09, 2018, 01:05:55 pm »

Daemons and Custodes are getting the next two codexes I think. Definitely on the former, as they're being showcased at the moment by the community team, Custodes just got a Warhammer World reveal so are probably next up after daemons. 1k Sons and Space Wolves would make sense afterwards because Magnus vs Custodes was a thing when he attacked Terra in the aftermath of the Fall of Cadia and where the sons go the wolves follow.

After that the main Imperial factions will be done and all the Chaos ones will be done, so it'd be a clear run for the aliens to take the remainder of the year interspersed with AoS releases.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #9948 on: January 10, 2018, 12:53:50 pm »

As I still haven’t gotten my Thousand Sons codex, label me unamused.

You were the first faction to get their Primarch. EVER. Before even the Smurfs. You're short on sympathy.

Also, Hol-up, CUSTODES are getting their own codex?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 02:54:30 pm by LordPorkins »
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9949 on: January 10, 2018, 01:09:29 pm »

Their*

Also, I always hated Magnus. He kicked out bestboye Ahriman.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #9950 on: January 10, 2018, 02:54:54 pm »

Their*

THats because "BestBoye" Ahriman turned 95% of his sons into mindless dust-zombies.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9951 on: January 10, 2018, 03:01:54 pm »

That’s because Magnus refused to address the flesh change.
Also, it was the useless 90%. You want free will? Should’ve been born a psyker.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9952 on: January 10, 2018, 03:05:54 pm »

Their*

THats because "BestBoye" Ahriman turned 95% of his sons into mindless dust-zombies.

The only thing "BestBoye" is best at any more is moping around in a dream scape feeling sorry for himself. I regret reading the Ahriman: series of novels. It's more emo than a sex-starved Slaaneshi cultist with a cutting fetish.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9953 on: January 10, 2018, 07:07:26 pm »

Also, Hol-up, CUSTODES are getting their own codex?

Yeah. After Magnus showed up in realspace and tried to attack the Imperial Palace (specifically he arrived on Luna) after Guilliman got woken up the Custodes were convinced by G-man to get their stuff out of storage and start doing shit again because things were getting bad enough that the Imperium couldn't afford to have such powerful warriors mostly doing nothing important (other than the group holding back daemons, most just stand guard around the palace.) Being the Emperor's bodyguards doesn't matter much if you let the traitor legions conquer the rest of the Imperium then come at you with a whole galaxy's worth of stuff.

So now on top of the plastic Custodes that came out in Burning of Prospero there's a plastic HQ character model, a 3 man box of terminators and a 3 man jetbike box coming out. They also have access to Land Raiders and Contemptors and have done since the BoP box.

On top of this you can add the HH FW models for them which will presumably get 40k rules sooner or later.

Spoiler: photo (click to show/hide)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/06/new-year-new-armies-reveals-new-years-open-day/

It's not a big army list, but mini-dexes have been a thing for a while now and it's not the smallest of them.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 07:12:35 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9954 on: January 10, 2018, 07:12:30 pm »

Sounds basically like golden daemonhunters/grey knights to me.  They already kinda filled the niche of hyper-elite space marine of space marine, at least for me.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9955 on: January 10, 2018, 07:30:26 pm »

Well that was the role Grey Knights were meant to fill, I never felt they were very good at it and I played them in 5th when they were at their most broken. Other than a brief period where Draigo + Paladins was really good the usual best strategy for them has been to max out unupgraded Strike Squads or max out on babycarriers because as an actual elite army they don't do very well. They're glass cannons, the basic marine chassis isn't very durable and outside melee Grey Knights are just standard marines for nearly twice the cost, they can't even upgrade their durability and their terminators are locked into being less durable than other marine armies assault terminators in exchange for poor psychic ability. On top of that the Grey Knights couldn't drop in and charge, so Vanguard Vets (of some armies) were usually better for an elite melee drop army because inlike GK termis/interceptors they could plunge right in without getting shot first.

1K Sons have had the same issue traditionally, being killy, sometimes, but dying just fine to bolter fire before they can do anything useful relative to theit cost. Infantry that can eat anti-tank to the face is ultimately not that useful when infantry who can tank anti-infantry weapons are more useful all around, and both are usually inferior to more bodies, and killy but non-tanky infantry with short range attacks will just get chumped by bullets before they do their thing.

Custodes on the other hand were made more durable from the start to all weapons. Normal Custodes were 2+ T5 and 2W and could trade killiness for a 3++. Then almost immediately after they got given a passive 5++ so ones with spears wouldn't be auto-chumped by ubiquitous plasma/grav weapons. Even then they weren't considered all that good when they came out. They're the first super-mega-elite army that earned that title by being tanky as well as being killy. All the terminator armies before them, the guys who were supposed to be the mega elites, still had one wound and folded to mass lasguns with the sound of a wet fart, or got nuked by AP2 weapons.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9956 on: January 10, 2018, 08:03:07 pm »

i neved pictured ccuystod custodes as terminators. . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9957 on: January 10, 2018, 08:30:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They've shown up in art before and in some of the books, along with their jetbikes and grav-tanks. What took me by surprise back when they first got rules was the dreadnoughts, because somehow I'd missed the piece of art with a Custodes dread in it until then.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9958 on: January 11, 2018, 05:25:30 am »

Kitten got an army!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9959 on: January 11, 2018, 06:30:18 am »

Is it any good?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 824