Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 954514 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: Lictor, P.I.
« Reply #9960 on: January 11, 2018, 06:59:17 am »

Quote from: nenjin
The only thing "BestBoye" is best at any more is moping around in a dream scape feeling sorry for himself.
Thankfully I was warned ahead of time. I refuse to acknowledge the works of John French.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:56:43 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: January 11, 2018, 10:45:27 am »

Kitten got an army!

Ermergerd your right. That's awesome! Though I doubt we'll actually see the chapter master of the custodes. He's probably still at Terra with the other high lords. Can't wait to see someone convert three Khornate Priests into the JoJodes.

SOMEONE HOMEBREW RULES TO GIVE A CUSTODES THE ABILITY TO CHALLENGE THEIR OPPONENTS TO ABGAME OF VOSTROYON ROULETTE FOURTH-DIMENSIONAL HYPERCUBED STRIP POKER
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9962 on: January 11, 2018, 10:52:28 am »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: January 11, 2018, 10:55:28 am »

Is it any good?

Basic Custodes are currently one of the few terminator grade units that doesn't kinda suck when not just spamming combi-weapons, so they have that going for them. Unsurprisingly they make good bodyguards for guys like Guilliman.

How their other units are going to shake out is hard to say. Their terminators will probably be T5, W3 and 2+/4++ at the least, so that's pretty tough, but it'll depend on their points cost.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: January 11, 2018, 10:58:23 am »

Yeah, there’s artificer armor, there’s terminator Armor, but i’m Curious to see Artificer terminator Armor.

But also crazy that they were sitting on toys like jetbikes for ten thousand years.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: January 11, 2018, 11:01:52 am »

Quote from: nenjin
The only thing "BestBoye" is best at any more is moping around in a dream scape feeling sorry for himself.
Thankfully I was warned ahead of time. I refuse to acknowledge the works of John French.

I think it's endemic to Thousand Sons writing at this point. Reading The Talon of Horus right now and Khayon is equally just as emo as Ahriman. Has a spirit daemon wolf. Has a pet Dark Eldar pet with raven wings. Has life long friends as Rubricae who follow him around and make him feel sads.

I get they're a tragic chapter but I dearly wish more of them would stop crying in to their beers/daemons.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: January 11, 2018, 11:05:40 am »

The 1k Sons have two modes; sad and megalomaniacal. They're either moping about the fact they lost everything or cackling madly while surrounded by warpfire melting their enemies.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9967 on: January 11, 2018, 11:07:20 am »

The 1k Sons have two modes; sad and megalomaniacal. They're either moping about the fact they lost everything or cackling madly while surrounded by warpfire melting their enemies.
Secret option 3: Loyalists who don't know they're 1k sons

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: January 11, 2018, 11:08:15 am »

Maybe Tzeentch is the only god which really allows/causes regret amongst the followers.
So therefore all Tzeentch followers now have to be regretful, in order to keep that one dimension.

I want a genuine power-hungry Sorceror with egotism and a “i’m Only using him for his magic” relationship with Tzeentch; but it seems they’ve all been cut.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: January 11, 2018, 11:22:45 am »

Maybe Tzeentch is the only god which really allows/causes regret amongst the followers.
So therefore all Tzeentch followers now have to be regretful, in order to keep that one dimension.

I want a genuine power-hungry Sorceror with egotism and a “i’m Only using him for his magic” relationship with Tzeentch; but it seems they’ve all been cut.
Nope! Mortarion has been established as hating Nurgle and himself, same with Kurze i think.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: January 11, 2018, 11:31:13 am »

Then this is dumb.
At least there’s Angron and his “i’m not in it to help Chaos, I just want to hurt the emperor”

Maybe I should switch to Khorne

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: January 11, 2018, 11:58:34 am »

Secret option 3: Loyalists who don't know they're 1k sons
Blood Ravens, today the enemy is at our door!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: January 11, 2018, 12:06:53 pm »

Then this is dumb.
At least there’s Angron and his “i’m not in it to help Chaos, I just want to hurt the emperor”

If you're looking for the 'I serve only for power and vengeance' type Chaos Marines that's mostly Black Legion and Iron Warriors.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: January 11, 2018, 12:09:29 pm »

Small note, only because it comes up in the Talon of Horus. Revenge isn't actually the motivating ethos of the Black Legion. The Long War is a war of reconquest, not a war of vengeance.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: January 11, 2018, 12:33:56 pm »

Then this is dumb.

If you're looking for the 'I serve only for power and vengeance' type Chaos Marines that's mostly Black Legion and Iron Warriors.

Iron Warriors are also driven by the fact that they are incredibly annoyed everyone confuses them with the Iron Hands.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 824