Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971420 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2295 on: December 16, 2015, 10:47:07 am »

I've actually noticed more nuance every time I've re-read The Last Church, it's a pretty perfect demonstration of everything right and wrong with the Emperor.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: December 16, 2015, 01:36:24 pm »

Found 7 th codex mechanicus today.
There is one forge world, which did break into gateway and loots the eldars, while trying to find black library.
Also there is forgeworld focused on those, who think, that if they sit in warp, they can use illegal software, break customers license and produce illegal copies of mechanicus intellectual property.
Guys from this forgeworld dont like that, so they flood literal hell with legions of mechanical killer robots and nuke demon forges.
Mechanicus grew up in my eyes.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2297 on: December 16, 2015, 01:57:15 pm »

Doesn't Skitarii and the rest of their Robutt forces hunt Hereteks on daily basis anyway?
EDIT:
Imperial Navy might actually have balls it seems.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 02:00:55 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: December 16, 2015, 02:05:32 pm »

I like how they suggest using mini-warps to put other ships on a collision course with yours.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2299 on: December 16, 2015, 02:18:37 pm »

Because this is what any sane Navy commander would do. After all, there is an whole class (a bit outdated tho) of ships that are essentially flying rams with no weapons.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: December 16, 2015, 08:10:16 pm »

Why? Don't know, maybe the other gods births were less violent or they had less initial power than Slaanesh. Maybe they were actually pre-existing warp spirits that grew monstrous and corrupt over time rather than being born directly of excess, artistry and depravity.
There were millions of years between the 41st millenium and when the Realm of Souls became the Warp. Any huge warp storms that were made with the births of the other gods probably had enough time to peter out by the time humanity even existed.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2301 on: December 17, 2015, 07:25:50 am »

Why? Don't know, maybe the other gods births were less violent or they had less initial power than Slaanesh. Maybe they were actually pre-existing warp spirits that grew monstrous and corrupt over time rather than being born directly of excess, artistry and depravity.
There were millions of years between the 41st millenium and when the Realm of Souls became the Warp. Any huge warp storms that were made with the births of the other gods probably had enough time to peter out by the time humanity even existed.
Except all of them got born at the time when humanity is around. Khorne at the time of mongolian invasions, Nurgle during the black death, Tzzentch around the renissance and Slannesh around our times.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: December 17, 2015, 07:37:28 am »

That's still canon?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2303 on: December 17, 2015, 08:13:25 am »

Kind of, it never got decanonized (just like Genghis motherfucking Khan being Doombreed) I think. And even then it's claimed that they all (except Slannesh) became sentient by end of M2, which means that at least one would be born around that time. Actually I fucked up, I totally forgot that Slannesh was born during Fall Of Eldar which is M29, not M2.
It's also the headcanon for most of /tg/ so I am okay with that.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: December 17, 2015, 10:34:20 am »

But it was never mentioned again right? I always have thought that if that's true, then those 3 gods are in fact mankind gods. Or at least created by them by all accounts, so technically they would be the true human gods. Given humans became one of the most populous species in the galaxy one have to think if they ALONGSIDE the emperor (willingly or not) made that possible in order to be gods of the whole freaking galaxy. Then Slannesh was born and the robots uprising started and all went to hell and back, the "plan" got out of balance and the Emperor had to take action (and perhaps tried to seize the opportunity to take all the power for him), the chaos gods didn't like the new course and reacted in a counter attack to not be erased from existence, hence they where forced to take matters to real space in order to fight back the Emperor's attempts to destroy them.

That would explain why they took so fucking long (30K years) to actually start corrupting humans actively on the real space. Before the Eldar fall and the robot upraising they where chilling on the warp space happy to feed upon the emotions of humans and all that....

Well at least that would be my tin foil hat, crackpot theory, I don't know if there are novels pointing out to chaos trying to mess up with realspace before that.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: December 17, 2015, 10:41:36 am »

Don't chaos gods exist retroactive in time because LOLCHAOS? Essentialy, they could've actualy become sentient in ancient human history times, and then just retroactively existed in the past, too. Humans do have a special significance to chaos, after all.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: December 17, 2015, 11:59:26 am »

Don't chaos gods exist retroactive in time because LOLCHAOS? Essentialy, they could've actualy become sentient in ancient human history times, and then just retroactively existed in the past, too. Humans do have a special significance to chaos, after all.

Slaanesh does certainly, the others probably do as well though it's not been stated beyond the implications involved in the Warp being outside of time.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: December 17, 2015, 12:19:43 pm »

Slaanesh does certainly, the others probably do as well though it's not been stated beyond the implications involved in the Warp being outside of time.

No, it's pretty much been stated. Graham McNeil and Dead Sky, Black Sun has Uriel Ventris gallivanting around the Warp. Warp entities pretty much say this exact thing.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2308 on: December 17, 2015, 12:53:18 pm »

Warp entities pretty much say this exact thing.
Now wether you belive them or not...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: December 17, 2015, 12:55:38 pm »

Warp entities pretty much say this exact thing.
Now wether you belive them or not...

True, but in this case they didn't have much reason to lie. When you're just a schlub space marine who has no business being in the warp, and they haven't et you already, would seem strange to still take the time to lie to you.

Also there was some acid-trippy "time and space are meaningless" moments in the text as well.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 824