Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 954831 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2910 on: February 05, 2016, 10:41:18 pm »

The Legion of the Damned aren't Chaotic. They're heavily mutated renegades who live in the Warp, but they don't serve the Ruinous Powers.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2911 on: February 05, 2016, 10:59:57 pm »

They serve the God Emperor of Mankind, noone else. True examples that not even the Chaos Gods hold complete power over the Warp and with enough faith Humanity can overcome even death (AND TIME!) itself.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2912 on: February 06, 2016, 02:23:57 am »

Unless the Emps is a Chaos god

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: February 06, 2016, 03:58:08 am »

'Cos the legion of the damned isn't just a much easier thing to put in an official report than "and we teamed up with the Eldar".

Which I bet was the original intention. Was meant to be this tongue-in-cheek joke and everyone's like: "THAT'S SO BADASS GIVE THEM RULES AND FLAME PATTERNS."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 11:54:26 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: February 06, 2016, 04:02:01 am »

How can so much heresy be contained in a single sentence.

On another note, I'm interested in Schola Progeniums. I've read the wikis (lexicanum, wikia, and 1d4chan) on them, but I'd like to know more. Any works that portray Scholas? (including fan-fics or anything)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2915 on: February 06, 2016, 01:15:29 pm »

'Cos the legion of the damned isn't just a much easier thing to put in an official report than "and we teamed up with the Eldar".

Which I bet was the original intention. Was meant to be this tongue-in-cheek joke and everyone's like: "THAT'S SO BADASS GIVE THEM RULES AND FLAME PATTERNS."
Yeah sure you're just jealous us Loyalists get all the nice stuff because of our UNDYING LOYALTY.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: February 06, 2016, 01:23:52 pm »

How can so much heresy be contained in a single sentence.

On another note, I'm interested in Schola Progeniums. I've read the wikis (lexicanum, wikia, and 1d4chan) on them, but I'd like to know more. Any works that portray Scholas? (including fan-fics or anything)

I'm think the Ravenor novels (and so perhaps Eisenhorn, I haven't read those yet) have a character from a Schola Progenium, and so it's described a little, but I can't say for sure.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: February 06, 2016, 01:27:06 pm »

Codex: Tempestus goes right into 'em.
Including the story of a Commissar cadet whose final test is the unhesitant execution of his best friend.
Which is interesting...

Yeah sure you're just jealous us Loyalists get all the nice stuff because of our UNDYING LOYALTY.
Whatever man we get dragonplanes.
Literal planes which have flown into the warp, assimilated their pilots and turned into dragons.

2x more badass, 10,000x more metal.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:30:05 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2918 on: February 06, 2016, 01:35:11 pm »

Whatever man we get dragonplanes.
Literal planes which have flown into the warp, assimilated their pilots and turned into dragons.

2x more badass, 10,000x more metal.
That's only 20000x more awesome.
And in the far future, the only way to go is 40000x more awesome. Also we got gold on everything, which is clearly the best colour. FOR THE EMPEROOOOOR!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: February 06, 2016, 01:41:52 pm »

20,000x more awesome is still more awesome.
You have just admitted to your gold plated flame decaled undying loyalty crap being 20,000x less awesome than my stuff.

Maybe 40,000x more awesome than a rock, or a vegetable, but that still makes Chaos's sweet daemonforge stuff (mathematically speaking) around ~1.4b more awesome.
Checkmate loyalists.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2920 on: February 06, 2016, 02:03:53 pm »

20,000x more awesome is still more awesome.
You have just admitted to your gold plated flame decaled undying loyalty crap being 20,000x less awesome than my stuff.

Maybe 40,000x more awesome than a rock, or a vegetable, but that still makes Chaos's sweet daemonforge stuff (mathematically speaking) around ~1.4b more awesome.
Checkmate loyalists.
Except literally all of your sweet deamonforge stuff is fucking outdaaaateeeed (We have assault cannons, storm bolters, Razorbacks, Centurion suits, grav guns, cry harder... also spare parts for Land Raiders and Whirlwinds and tons of other stuff, CRY HARDER!) and still only 20,000x more awesome than planes, while loyalists are 40,000x more awesome than planes so you fail at existing.

Related - a rare video showing an Space Sharks Space Marine taking a walk around Adeptus Mechanicus warehouse. Chekmate whole universe.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: February 06, 2016, 02:40:50 pm »

Technically, everything from the Dark Age of Technology is outdated.

Honestly, I find it funny that there's this simultaneous 'old stuff is the best, and technology is being lost as time goes on' and 'Space Marine shit gets better over time which is why Chaos has crappy stuff, even though they're willing to innovate and make things with Daemons in them'.

Shouldn't Chaos have like a shitton of Volkite weapons and amazing Great Crusade gear lying around, at least as much if not more than the Loyalists, considering the Warp plays around with time?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: February 06, 2016, 02:46:01 pm »

Eh, CSM probably don't have the same level of technological base to maintain it and butt-clenching thrifty-ness with tech that the Imperium does. The Imperium is also probably a million times larger, so it just has more tech overall. Techpriests also send out alot of expeditions to retrieve old technology, something CSM probably don't as much. Dark Mechanicus isn't as large as Happy Mechanicus, either, so it can't match the recovery rate and starts with a smaller tech base.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: February 06, 2016, 02:50:35 pm »

They really should split Chaos Marines into two sub-factions, Renegades and Legions, with Renegades getting most of the same tech as the Codex Marines and the Legions getting gear based on FWs Horus Heresy game.

Doesn't really make sense that groups like the Red Corsairs don't keep their Speeders, Crusaders, Redeemers and Grav Guns when they join Chaos. Also doesn't make sense that the Legions don't seem to have a single volkite weapon left between them.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: February 06, 2016, 03:19:14 pm »

If tech-priests did not understand, how volkite stuff worked during great crusade, it is pretty strange to expect, how would someone be capable of repairing volkite gun with spare parts, also spare parts are not produced for like 10000 of years.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 824