Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965344 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #3105 on: February 26, 2016, 05:54:48 am »

Not sure. A bunch of Space Marine chapters don't even believe the Emperor is a god. Maybe Black Templars.

How do Living Saints work actually?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: February 26, 2016, 07:04:28 am »

A Living Saint is a pious warrior of the Imperial Creed who displays miraculous abilities within his or her lifetime and is subsequently resurrected, supposedly by the Emperor.

Living Saints are exceptionally rare beings proclaimed heroes by the Ecclesiarchy. Their piety and faith to the Emperor has often led to their martyrdom, which is rewarded upon death with resurrection. However instead of mere revival, Living Saints become infused with a holy and terrible aura that is a wonder to behold. A Living Saint becomes the manifestation of the Emperor's might on the battlefield, serving to boost morale in addition to their formidable combat prowess. Due to their strong faith in the Imperial Creed, many Living Saints hail from the Adepta Sororitas.

Living Saints are a notoriously brief phenomena, their holy power burning out as quickly as it appeared. As such, they usually appear in times of great need for the Imperium, often revealing themselves at the forefront of a War of Faith or Crusade. Examples of this include Saint Sabbat and Saint Celestine.[1] Others are simply extremely powerful and/or holy. Only a few Living Saints are confirmed in a millennium, and they are all revered throughout the Imperium. For an individual to be declared a Living Saint, a conclave of the Ecclesiarchy and the Inquisition must agree that the subject is pure and the reason just.

From lexicanum
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: February 26, 2016, 07:10:43 am »

What's a good way to get into Warhammer 40K's lore? I'm not quite sure where to start.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: February 26, 2016, 07:38:30 am »

What's a good way to get into Warhammer 40K's lore? I'm not quite sure where to start.
I started by playing dawn of war, then winter assault and I remember being overly excited over Dark Crusade, thinking it would be more like Total War or something along those lines.

The moment I saw the intro of the first Dawn of War I got hooked, really hard. Then I started to read about interesting things in the Lexicanum, mostly reading about this Emperor they talked about and the imperial navy and other stuff. Then I got my hands on a a few borrowed codex and found other things online.

I would say start by playing Dawn of War a bit, which eventually you realize is filled with lore errors, but it's like mixing your rum with coke before being able to drink it straight.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: February 26, 2016, 10:48:39 am »

Play Dawn of War 1 + 2, then spend hours on the Lexicanum reading lore. Then move on to stuff like Space Hulk, Chaos Gate, Final Liberation....
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: February 26, 2016, 10:51:23 am »

Its sad there has never been a real digital adaptation of rogue trader/40k rpg, but GW will probably never allow it to happen. Just like how they'll never allow a real full adaptation of the tabletop :v

This reminds me, I need to check up on how mordheim is doing.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3111 on: February 26, 2016, 10:57:44 am »

You can read up on 1d4chan, but treat everything with a fair dose of sceptism, since half of this isin't canon and bunch of it is old and requires some previous knowledge, but essentially it's pretty enjoyable and sometimes funny.
Also...
Civilian life in 40k in nutshell.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: February 26, 2016, 11:00:25 am »

Beware, there's NSFW material on 1d4chan, so treat it with caution if you look at it at work or whatever.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3114 on: February 26, 2016, 11:05:43 am »

Yeah, deamon tits and F.A.T.A.L and pregnant Guardsmen chicks, Love Can Bloom and whatnot...
It's usually non-disgusting that much, unless you read an article on something specifically smut inducing like Sisters Of Battle, Slannesh, Female Space Marines, Dark Eldar, etc. but even then it's usually limited to bottom of the page.
If not, watch out for PROMOTIONS signs, they signify (duh) that you can get PROMOTED for watching that page at work.

Civilian life in 40k in nutshell.

Welcome to last page!
Uh, it's not even last page, lol.
I guess I just skipped over it when reading Bay12 on my phone and then forgot to actually watch the damn link.
ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 11:11:25 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: February 26, 2016, 12:31:35 pm »

If not, watch out for PROMOTIONS signs, they signify (duh) that you can get PROMOTED for watching that page at work.
Not you, you'll get fired. Someone else will get that promotion, though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: February 26, 2016, 12:36:51 pm »

Has there ever been a Space Marine Living Saint?

Living Saints? No.

Normal Saints? Yes.

Captain/Chapter Master Shrike of the Ravenguard is the patron saint of worlds lost to the enemy for example, but he's not a Living Saint and therefore has none of the miraculous abilities they usually possess.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: February 26, 2016, 01:02:30 pm »

Do space marines use their acid spit in combat? Use it at all?

Also, woo warhammer conversion for space station 13 is back.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: February 26, 2016, 01:03:06 pm »

...what acid spit?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3119 on: February 26, 2016, 01:05:42 pm »

...what acid spit?
Welcome to the grim darkness of forgotten lore references from old days. And to answer the question, basically, no, though I vaguely remember it geting some use in one of Horus Heresy books.

EDIT:
Also what conversion and why I'm not aware of this?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 01:07:24 pm by Kot »
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 824