Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971771 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #4005 on: May 02, 2016, 01:32:36 pm »

Exactly. If you select to play as a Chapter Master then you will not be playing open battles that much, instead playing mostly commando missions or as backup for imperial armies. Field battles all by yourself should be rare and really special, requiring to muster as much chapter your can and even then most probably you'll feel overwhelmed, balanced over the fact your soldiers will scorn most damage.

You play as a Imperial Guard then be ready to play field battles all the time, defend from sieges and generally play with thousands of units in a any given battle. Special assault/command missions would be rarer but not impossible, yet very difficult compared to SM players.

Chaos could be a balance of both, or even have the complete scale as you manage CSM and hordes of traitors.

Orks along Tyranids would be the most simple faction to manage. Simply attack, attack, attack. Biomatter management for the Tyranids could be fun as you manage them as the hordes of Total War or the fleet based chapters on Chapter Master.

But EVERY SINGLE MEN/FOUL XENOS MATTERS. The difference is how much each is worth. As the SM faction you would be pressed to gather/care for gene-seed, more initiates and mounting losses will hit you hard. As the IG faction you'll have and lose soldiers by the hundreds/thousands but you need to replenish them too. So requiring more regiments and reinforces to the depleted ones would be a thing too.

And so on...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:37:17 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: May 02, 2016, 02:16:58 pm »

Then they went and made Retribution and just made one crappy campaign but with seven different skins tacked on, damn shame.

They did have some damn nice characters in that campaign though.

Dat Ork Freeboota. :D

Also totally loved Neroth the chaos sorcerer. That voice made me go Mmmmm.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: May 02, 2016, 02:29:50 pm »

We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: May 02, 2016, 02:43:54 pm »

I'm declaring my standard for Dawn of War 3 is that it has to be at least as entertaining as Kaptain Bludflagg.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: May 02, 2016, 02:55:23 pm »

I'm declaring my standard for Dawn of War 3 is that it has to be at least as entertaining as Kaptain Bludflagg.
I'm just crossing my fingers for METAL BAWKSES.

Oh, and an in depth RTS game with a interesting and long campaign that registers my decision and uses them to customize my experience. But boxes are good too.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4010 on: May 02, 2016, 02:55:47 pm »

It's not another character for Last Stand...
It's a new map. :P
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: May 02, 2016, 08:21:51 pm »

I'm too inclined to the new map or character or something along those lines
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: May 02, 2016, 10:39:25 pm »

Indrick Boreale origin story pls.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: May 03, 2016, 07:14:55 am »

BATUL BROTHAS!
TODEH IS THE DEH!

I expect the announcement of either a new map or character for The Last Stand or what could be either a great DoW3 or yet another mediocre "RTS" thrown into the market by the hand of SEGA AKA "CASH FOR THE CASH GOD, YACHTS TO THE SHAREHOLDERS YACHTS THRONE!".
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:50:17 pm by LordBaal »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:03:56 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: May 03, 2016, 12:26:25 pm »

Bald Ravens, bad moons and those eldar from the one craftword I cant remember fighting again? Welp, I guess they really love that plotline, or they cant use anything else without interfering with canon stuff.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: May 03, 2016, 12:47:37 pm »

So it seems we'll be getting something in between DOW I and II, larger scale than the second but still with a focus on special units and heroes, and an attempt to make you feel some attachment to 'your' army.

Not sure I like the campaign having a three-way focus, I always loathed playing against imperium as chaos or aliens. Feels wrong somehow :v

Still, not gonna get my hype train steamed up until more is known.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: May 03, 2016, 12:52:54 pm »

I'm the only one that thought the space marines look kind of... skinny on the video? I think we are used to more thickest marines/suits. Or might have been just the scale of this monitor.

Also why are the magpies so fucking suicidal in this video?

The presence of Titans hints there might other Imperial factions. Adeptus Mechanicum at least. Ir that was a Knight or whatever they are called.

Oh just saw some screens of the game. So far it seems it's going to be one of those online based games or built around a multilayer experience (think Company of Heros 2 or blitzkrieg 3). I guess microtransactions for the microtransactions god will abound. Also it seems to be make with tablets in mind or something. If it is then I'm NOT BUYING IT.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 06:39:59 pm by LordBaal »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: May 03, 2016, 01:32:16 pm »

Those in-game units seem remarkably ungrimdark. Might just be that it's still in production tho.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: May 03, 2016, 01:41:15 pm »

Those in-game units seem remarkably ungrimdark. Might just be that it's still in production tho.
The units seems to come from an episode of my little pony instead of the grim dark ages of 40K. If there was something the first games got right was the feeling and atmosphere. I see those screen captures and I can't think of 40K, I think Saturday morning cartoon. Or that this might be the "Tiberium Twilight" of the series. I hope to be wrong.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 01:44:19 pm by LordBaal »
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 824