Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965273 times)

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #4891 on: July 12, 2016, 07:54:04 am »

I would like, in an desperate attempt to bring this back to Wh40k, that Wh40k hobbits are called Ratlings and are the craziest snipers know to Galaxy, and, to quote, they are "idle, hedonistic, gregarious, over-friendly and sexually promiscuous. Their lives are spent eating until sick, drinking copious amounts of intoxicating beverages, and procreating uncontrollably". Basically Sam and Frodo in space.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4892 on: July 12, 2016, 07:57:58 am »

Spoiler: you wot mate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gonna do nothing against a phalanx of Easterlings

That's not even factoring in their kataphracts, which if CKII has taught us anything, is that they're OP as fuck and can only be stopped with deus vult longbowmen

I would like, in an desperate attempt to bring this back to Wh40k, that Wh40k hobbits are called Ratlings and are the craziest snipers know to Galaxy, and, to quote, they are "idle, hedonistic, gregarious, over-friendly and sexually promiscuous. Their lives are spent eating until sick, drinking copious amounts of intoxicating beverages, and procreating uncontrollably". Basically Sam and Frodo in space.
They're not Sam and Frodo in space until I get a story about an Eldar, four Ratlings, two Cadians, a squat and inquisitor-psyker going on an epic adventure to destroy some maguffin that controls a blackstone Fortress, with aforementioned inquisitor-psyker being pulled into the warp by a bloodthirster of morgoth whilst the chief ratling screams GIDEON, NOUWUAHAHHHHHHHHH

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4893 on: July 12, 2016, 08:03:19 am »

This won't really work because the Ratlings would be better shoots than Eldar.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4894 on: July 12, 2016, 08:26:29 am »

Not if it's a CQC Eldar where everyone else is ranged

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: July 12, 2016, 09:03:33 am »

Just paint yourself green and shout Waaagh! and you'll be fine.
BEWISKERED MENANCE.

The towering spires of Hive Cities and pristine halls of Shrine Worlds are our art, crude, cold but ours.
Towering baroque spires and pristine halls of the shrine worlds... Crude? You aren't one of those fancy Eldar are you? :P
Eh, I belive his idea of art is some kind of art like paintings, songs, non-propaganda movies or not-opressive-as-fuck non-brutalist/non-gothic buildings (which I am fucking fan of, to be honest, go huge gothic cathedrals in space or go home). It's not like Imperium doesn't have those (it has, one of major points of Fulgrim book was him fucking up everything artistic and then having orgies and enjoying a painting made out of shit, blood and whatever because >Slannesh so sophisticated hipster you just don't understand), I just don't feel like trying to find this because he will totally say that Tau katanas are work of art or something.
Imperium has art. My point was that it is so few and far between that it may as well be nonexistent. The Tau have more room for art. They don't have to cut away all frivolity in the baseline attempt to survive. There's still room for all the things we find beautiful, because they're winning and expanding.

And I don't identify with genetics. I would rather save an elephant than a baboon, despite having more similar genetic code to the baboon. I do not place value on a person for their species. Place value on a person because they are a person. There is value in humanity, but not in the Imperium itself. The best possible result would be it's replacement. Preferably by some combination of humanity led by resurrected Emperor, Tau (with or without Ethereals depends on a lot of things), and Eldar. Empy would probably get along alright with them. Bigger things to worry about, at the very least.

I like humanity for the things we do, the way we act. Not for it's own sake. If you sacrifice merely so that others, too, can sacrifice, then it is become pointless, as you have given up the very thing you were trying to preserve.

Humanity does not go extinct within the Empire. It survives as an auxiliary race, one which is free of the overwhelming neural oppression of the Imperium, capable of all the things I value. If you value sacrifice and glory more, that is your prerogative. But this is mine.

Plus, we do Emperor's vision better than you ever did, Greater Good makes no Chaos God
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: July 12, 2016, 09:52:02 am »

Why are people arguing for the factions as if they are part of them? *krump*

Alright boyz, grab yer choppas and yer favorite sluggas, we'z off to da Waaagh! Gonna go and krump dem 'umies and dem uvver blue gits right proppa, 'cuz green iz da best! 'Ere we go! All aboard Waaagh! Teneb!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4897 on: July 12, 2016, 10:13:08 am »

Imperium has art. My point was that it is so few and far between that it may as well be nonexistent.
*On the cosmic scale so as to be uncountable is the exact opposite of nonexistent

The Tau have more room for art. They don't have to cut away all frivolity in the baseline attempt to survive. There's still room for all the things we find beautiful, because they're winning and expanding.
Tau place material shit over actual Tau, they deserve getting culturally exchanged with DE, and focus their artistic efforts not on remembering the sacrifice of their kin, but on making the Tau Empire great again. Thus nothing of value is lost every time a Tau world is eaten by nids

And I don't identify with genetics. I would rather save an elephant than a baboon, despite having more similar genetic code to the baboon.
Put a gun to an grox, baboon and human's head. Ask me which one I'm saving. Human wins every time

I do not place value on a person for their species.
Which is a flat denial of how each species has qualities, a flat denial of the Tau placing value on enslaved species
Imperium doesn't bother trying to balance contradictory delusions, it has its principles pretty square. Remove chaos, keep xenos at arms length or exterminatus, humans should be everywhere or they will die. Simple enough

Place value on a person because they are a person. There is value in humanity, but not in the Imperium itself. The best possible result would be it's replacement. Preferably by some combination of humanity led by resurrected Emperor, Tau (with or without Ethereals depends on a lot of things), and Eldar. Empy would probably get along alright with them. Bigger things to worry about, at the very least.
Best possible result if it was possible, and Tau do not factor in that equation whatsoever
Only Emps, Terran, Ultramarian, Martian, Eldar, Chaos, Necrons and Nids have the power to create a successor Empire to the Imperium as is through reform or replacement. Emps if revived, Eldar if merged, Terran if the bureaucracy manages to reform without too many worlds being lost in the process, Martian technorevolution wen, Ultramarine led reformation of SPEHSS MAHRIN legion recentralization and expansion of legions to reform the Imperium at large, Chaos because Chaos can change everything and swamp it in warp shit to be like the Eldar Empire at its height, only more fucked up, Necrons but under the Necron harvesty yoke, and Nid-human merging is probably my favourite scenario

Imperial Tyranid Empire is best

I like humanity for the things we do, the way we act. Not for it's own sake. If you sacrifice merely so that others, too, can sacrifice, then it is become pointless, as you have given up the very thing you were trying to preserve.
What the hell kind of logic is that
When you're a parent you sacrifice everything in order to give your children the tools they need to make their way in life, so that they too may one day sacrifice everything in order to give their children the tools they need to make their way in life, and it just goes on until we are all extinguished. How are Tau animes more important than that? The continuation of life makes all experience possible, to prize useless material pleasures over virtuous sacrifice is to ignore that sacrifice makes pointless indulgence possible, pointless indulgence makes survival impossible.

Humanity does not go extinct within the Empire. It survives as an auxiliary race, one which is free of the overwhelming neural oppression of the Imperium, capable of all the things I value. If you value sacrifice and glory more, that is your prerogative. But this is mine.
Hahaha, it's pitiful to prefer being an auxiliary slave race to an insignificant Empire of an insignificant people rather than self-sacrificing for the continuation of your people. Dying so that the rest of the Imperium doesn't have to put up with Tau hegemony is preferable any day, every day, until the Universe ends, which it very well may be

Plus, we do Emperor's vision better than you ever did, Greater Good makes no Chaos God
Oh yeah, Tau are just a product of a certain dickish Chaos God 10/10

The Tau are so useless that their strategy on how to avoid getting destroyed by an Imperium of Man that has barely noticed them, is to recruit as many human soldiers as possible

Why are people arguing for the factions as if they are part of them? *krump*
I don't know, RP reasons I guess

Alright boyz, grab yer choppas and yer favorite sluggas, we'z off to da Waaagh! Gonna go and krump dem 'umies and dem uvver blue gits right proppa, 'cuz green iz da best! 'Ere we go! All aboard Waaagh! Teneb!
NO U GIT
RED ONES IZ BEST

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: July 12, 2016, 01:06:04 pm »

U EVAR SEN A PURPLE ORK?

TOFT NOT

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: July 12, 2016, 01:33:07 pm »

DEYZ BE PURPLE WEN I'S FINISHED WIT DEM
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: July 12, 2016, 03:20:33 pm »

DA ONLY PURPLE ORKZ IS THE ONES WOT AINT WASHED THE NIDDY BITZ OFF IM.

HEER THE WUN BOUT THE ORK WHO HAD TA VISIT THE DOK?
WALKS IN GOES "OY DOK GOT ME HAND CUT ORF NEED A MEKKY GUBBINZ.
DOK GOES "ITZ ALREDDY GROWN BACK YA GIT"
SO THE BOY SEZ... "SO WHAT I DO?"
THEN THE DOK GOEZ "SIT IN THE ZOGGIN CHAIR, I WUZ GONNA CHARGE AN ARM AN A LEG ANYWAY."

(Gondor is the tits)
Easterlings are the bees knees
Numenor is the dog's bollocks.
I'm so done for men of Dunland
I'll raise a toast for Rhun.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 03:24:31 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4901 on: July 12, 2016, 03:54:45 pm »

Btw guys all guardsman party got updated

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: July 12, 2016, 04:36:43 pm »

I'll raise you Rohan
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:39:03 pm by 90908 »
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: July 12, 2016, 04:51:48 pm »

Someone called the Eldar the good guys? L.O.L.

They're willing to do whatever it takes to save their race, even more so than humanity. Eldar are the definition of self-interest in 40k.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: July 12, 2016, 05:00:10 pm »

Someone called the Eldar the good guys? L.O.L.

They're willing to do whatever it takes to save their race, even more so than humanity. Eldar are the definition of self-interest in 40k.
Dark Eldar are totally good guys, come on. Good guys don't back down when faced with Evil (in this case, Slaanesh).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 824