Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965492 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #5175 on: August 01, 2016, 06:55:34 am »

Have you tried Agrax (or Equivalent Brown Wash) on the legs? Adds some depth, makes it look more like cloth.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: August 01, 2016, 07:14:35 am »

Normally this would be a "plastic and greenstuff" photo, but i don't exactly have that luxury due to them having been converted from already-painted and assembled models.
The current stuff is just basecoats to cover up the desert camo, so that I wouldn't have to work around the new arms when I put them on- I haven't even started painting them yet.
Once I've finished the squad and bought a new pot of paint-on primer, I'll clean them up properly, and then worry about shading and highlighting.

Not that the tip isn't appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 07:17:56 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: August 04, 2016, 05:10:30 pm »

So, another TBS 40k game by Slytherin has been announced by the name Sanctus reach. Its focused on Space Wolves, Orks and apparently an Imperial Knight or two (I've noticed an increase in popularity for those guys.) My thoughts on it are simply "Looks alright though unpolished visually, could be great but can't know for sure."

Posts for the Post Gods! Quotes for the Quotes Throne!

Let the galaxy shitpost!
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: August 04, 2016, 05:44:12 pm »

We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: August 04, 2016, 06:48:37 pm »

Bah.... they don't develop for android "because it's complicated to support that many devices"... pfff the pansies.. , and that kind of game (if is like Armageddon) is not worthy for pc (in my own crazy mind). Screw them. I'm having a blast with BFG Leviathan.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: August 04, 2016, 06:56:01 pm »

Why do imperial knights get Everywhere?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: August 04, 2016, 07:13:51 pm »

They seem to be a fad.
Maybe they're big and cool, but not so big and powerful as a titan and all that entails, them being wandering knight errants etc means its easier to chuck them in somewhere.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: August 04, 2016, 07:15:55 pm »

Probably because the HH work by GWS brought them back into fashion.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: August 04, 2016, 08:25:36 pm »

They seem to be a fad.
Maybe they're big and cool, but not so big and powerful as a titan and all that entails, them being wandering knight errants etc means its easier to chuck them in somewhere.
That and knights are far easier to balance then Titans, as titans are strategic not tactical weapons...

God. The idea of lore friendly Titans makes me want a Supreme Commander-esque 40K game.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: August 06, 2016, 08:50:32 am »

I have completed the first Grotesque for my Dark Eldar force, the Kabal of the Festering Wound (plus an indentured Haemoculi and his servants.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've been working on my kabal on and off for the past few years and never really made any major effort on it. I've decided to change that and work on a Deep Strike focused army that also leverages all their lovely leadership modifiers to make an Archangel of Pain bomb.  :D
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5185 on: August 07, 2016, 03:02:00 pm »

Mecha swordfights. Cannon shields. Cool looks.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: August 07, 2016, 03:54:02 pm »

Finally posting to watch.  Really enjoyed the friendly fluff discussion a few pages ago, haha!
I love Tau and Space Marines both (:
So different-
Mecha swordfights. Cannon shields. Cool looks.
-and yet so similar, heehee.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: August 07, 2016, 03:57:49 pm »

Imperial Guard best Guard

Orks are pretty cool too

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5188 on: August 07, 2016, 04:34:49 pm »

It's honestly quite surprising no one's tried to do an underwater 40k spinoff between spehss mahrin and tau, in that one campaign where literally everyone fought underwater at the bottom of the ocean

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: August 07, 2016, 04:37:15 pm »

Seapunk 40k vaporwave when
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 824