Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965507 times)

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: You are what you eat, so eat your greens.
« Reply #6045 on: August 28, 2016, 04:00:43 pm »

The most lacking thing in the prologue is the animation, specifically the human animations and face animations. This was always the problem for the team, doing fluid animation for humans. They even used motion capture for it, but still it is somewhat lacking

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6046 on: August 28, 2016, 04:05:00 pm »

People would riot, take out their Terminator Armours they were building in garages and hang GW corporates on streetlights... but not before handing them to the Slanneshi fetishists which they would purge later on when Emperor goes out of hiding and takes over GW and every Imperial player is awarded by him for their loyalty and we help him spread Humanity across the stars and we have muh Golden Age of Emperors Technology until we get so good at making CGI that the CGI rises up and murders us as Men of CGI thus forcing the First Human Imperium to shatter and the Emperor to go sit on Terra until he makes Thunder Warriors to kick everyones ass and then the Great Crusade happens but this time everyone knows that Horus is a shit because we perserved some Black Library books.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: August 28, 2016, 04:06:27 pm »

Pretty sure welding steel together in high orbit and bolting a plasma generator to it isn't beyond the current Imperium's tech level.
heehee
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: August 28, 2016, 04:22:43 pm »

Really depends, I would personally recommend Hammerhead.
Yeah am leaning towards hammerhead although my sky fire is weak.
I would personally advise looking into how much it would cost you to expand a force before deciding things.
Thinking to start playing Tau. Can mostly use my mate's army, plus one ghostkeel and either hammerhead or broadside.
You mistake me ser. I already have everything I need, I'm just buying one or two lynchpin units to make my housemate's 6th ed army fieldable as a grand detatchment.

Though honestly the best army from a financial perspective is the various flavours of Imperial Marines.
Doubleplus polite advice denial combo!
I play guard religiously. I'm quite sure I've posted them here many times.
I am specifically after Xenos, finances be damned.

Off-topic gripe- I wanted to get deathwatch marines to fill the gaps in my guard but had promised them to a friend earlier when I fronted him the box set pre-order.
I mentioned that I kinda wanted to keep them but he wanted them and it would've been ignoble to withhold them.
Now I recently find out to fill points in his (unnecessary, he already plays iron hands and cult skit) deathwatch list, he's taking ordo Xenos stuff.
Specifically cheap acolytes in a chimera. Literally getting guard to fill the gaps in his deathwatch.

Am I being unnecessarily offended by that or is it kind of a dick move on his part?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: August 28, 2016, 04:27:11 pm »

I dunno, if he has the money to do that, tell him to buy his own shit. GWS games are too expensive to be buying for two people, no matter how badly you want someone to play with.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: August 28, 2016, 04:28:40 pm »

The young inquisitor feels more like underhive scum then inquisitor in that prologue.

Otherwise it is G L O R I O U S.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: August 28, 2016, 04:34:03 pm »

[snip]
We talkin' Tau guy or deathwatch guy?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: August 28, 2016, 04:37:40 pm »

Well it wouldn't be a 40k story if a main character wasn't primed and ready to betray their own side. The signs are all there. Thin, rat-faced countenance? Check. Unnecessary cruelty? Check. Invoking their powers as an Inquisitor with a sense of boredom? Check. A sense of humor? Check.

Also not quite sure what that assassin-looking character is supposed to be. They're halfway between looking like just a dolled up Acolyte and some bastardized combination of several of the Officio clade assassins.

[snip]
We talkin' Tau guy or deathwatch guy?

Whoever you decided to promise figs to out of a $80+ boxed set.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: August 28, 2016, 04:42:41 pm »

I'm thinking she's a Death Cultist. The outfit is fairly similar to the ones depicted elsewhere, and it makes more sense than a clade assassin.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6054 on: August 28, 2016, 04:44:34 pm »

Not enough bare tits for that, though.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: August 28, 2016, 04:49:55 pm »

Re: Skyfire

Just put Seeker missiles on everything. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: August 28, 2016, 04:58:54 pm »

Not enough bare tits for that, though.

In billion of imperial worlds there might be one death cult, which is not into bare tits.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6057 on: August 28, 2016, 05:04:39 pm »

I guess...
The full character info from the page for her is like this:
Not much is known about this mysterious assassin. Emotionless, she unrelentingly pursues her assigned objectives. She serves alongside Marcus as a silent killer – perhaps only for the thrill of the hunt.
So, basically, EDGY MYSTERIOUS SLANNESHI ASSASIN that Marcus fucks in spare time.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: August 28, 2016, 05:44:09 pm »

I guess...
The full character info from the page for her is like this:
Not much is known about this mysterious assassin. Emotionless, she unrelentingly pursues her assigned objectives. She serves alongside Marcus as a silent killer – perhaps only for the thrill of the hunt.
So, basically, EDGY MYSTERIOUS SLANNESHI ASSASIN that Marcus fucks in spare time.

An inquisitor with spare time not spent hunting down the enemies of the imperium? Heresy.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: August 28, 2016, 05:51:03 pm »

You doubt that even the idle inquisitor relaxing in their down time is progressing the cause of the Emperor, and then dare call the faith of true believers heresy?

Burn this abomination to the ground.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 824