Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965170 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: You are what you eat, so eat your greens.
« Reply #6195 on: September 01, 2016, 02:35:12 pm »

"Chosen by God to suffer eternal damnation in order to destroy His enemies" sounds pretty damn metal.
That is some shit straight outta Hellsing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6196 on: September 01, 2016, 03:07:53 pm »

Guys.
GUYS.

Also, if perpetuals keep their skills and knowledge, his murdering skill would  rise to Sly ,, I hunt lictors with my knife for sport " Marbo levels in no time.
"Who needs to throw grenades?"
"I am the Emperor's Cyclonic Torpedo."
You'd probably eventually get the opposite of the mysterious masked warrior; an unknown Krieger (i.e., the same as every other Kreiger) with no helmet (blown apart years ago, rarely replaced).
"Chosen by God to suffer eternal damnation in order to destroy His enemies" sounds pretty damn metal.

This.
Is.
Going.
To.
Happen.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: September 01, 2016, 03:10:25 pm »

I'm just picturing Vulkan being fired out of an orbital bombardment cannon, wreathed in flame, Dawnbringer raised over his head, screaming as he plummets down a hostile city.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: September 01, 2016, 04:57:25 pm »

I'm just picturing Vulkan being fired out of an orbital bombardment cannon, wreathed in flame, Dawnbringer raised over his head, screaming as he plummets down a hostile city.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCMNWAJiz5Y

Isn't that how eversor assassins work anyway? Except they use a drop pod, but you might just consider them weapons of mass destruction, since they're not supposed to be stealthy :U

Wait a minute.
A perpetual eversor assassin.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 05:01:25 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: September 01, 2016, 05:05:01 pm »

Now that is one traumatized Kreiger.

Good job remembering the Aquila is half-blind, everybody forgets that part.

I wonder if being Perpetual undoes scars, burns, and tattoos. I mean, it clearly has to do that to some degree since they don't come back as orbs of scar tissue and can be injured like anybody else up until the staying dead part, but would you come back baby-skinned every time? If so, he's got to have gotten good at redoing that without a mirror.
Wait a minute.
A perpetual eversor assassin.
And so it was that the Officio Assassinorum suddenly gained their own win condition for all of 40k.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6201 on: September 01, 2016, 05:12:47 pm »

Good job remembering the Aquila is half-blind, everybody forgets that part.
Not me.

I wonder if being Perpetual undoes scars, burns, and tattoos. I mean, it clearly has to do that to some degree since they don't come back as orbs of scar tissue and can be injured like anybody else up until the staying dead part, but would you come back baby-skinned every time? If so, he's got to have gotten good at redoing that without a mirror.
I suppose it does, but this guy has gotten so good that he actualy stays alive long enough (After all, regeneration takes time and time can be spent to murder heretics! Not to mention that gathering the gear back is fucking annoying if you get exploded) to get scarred and the Aquilla on forehead is just a result of repeadetly banging his head on his helmet front.

Also, Eversor is proably the closest to Perpetual one can get without actually being one. Each mission is like dozens of fatal wounds that get patched up and then the dude gets sent back.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: September 01, 2016, 07:43:40 pm »

That's fuggin' awesome, Kot.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6204 on: September 01, 2016, 11:25:16 pm »

I have started colouring it too, it will take a while since I go to doctor today, but it looks pretty good so far.

"In life - war. In death - peace. In life - shame. In death - atonement.
I am The Regiment. And We cannot die.
We are The Lone Bannerman, The Last Korpsman of 88th Siege Army, The Shadow of Vraks.
There is noone else left from my Regiment. I am now my Regiment, The Regiment lives in me. The Regiment continues to fight, the longest of any known one. They found Us among the ashes and bodies. They took Us and redirected to another world. Then another, and another. The chronicles don't record how many worlds We have fought at. It doesnt matter. All that matters is fighting in His name.
The people We encounter sometimes cheer when they see Us, but most are afraid. They talk of Us as if We were a hero or a monster, but We merely do Our duty. Krieg has betrayed The Emperor once already. We must now pay the price. We must die and kill for Him. We cannot die yet, The Emperor has deemed our payment insufficent. After all, there are still enemies to kill.
A Korpsman fights and dies standing, but most importantly, he holds the line.
And the line will be held."

Imperial Guard version of Legion of the Damned, pretty much. I am shit at writebunchofsticky, but that was basically my idea while drawing.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: September 02, 2016, 11:07:05 am »

Somehow in my headcanon that man will have originall been named "Korpsman 24601"

Look Down, Look Down, This will be your grave...

also now i want to look for homebrew rules for Perpetuals for Dark Heresy or Rogue Trader.

EDIT: bad news couldn't find any homebrew rules for Perpetuals.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 11:16:14 am by Ghazkull »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6206 on: September 02, 2016, 12:00:05 pm »

We really need to write it or find someone who will. We need more ideas too!

And Perpetual Death Korps Guardsman.
Thinks he is unworthy of dying because he didin't kill enough enemies of The Emperor. Fought during Vraks, was last person left alive from his regiment and actually last person alive on the planet (Current population of Vraks is 0, after all) where he has been found by Inquisiton. He spend some time with them during which they tried to figure out what the fuck is going on with him (using torture and suspecting HAIRESY) until he was relased by them - possible Les Misérables scene of "look down" - to fight in Emperor's name once more. He is sent to the direst situations, leading desperate charges and inspiring Guardsmen to make glorious last stands - thus he has became a kind of a myth for Guardsmen (think Legion of the Damned).

Due to repeated dying he has lost his marbles and now thinks of himself in plural - he is his whole regiment, after all - but also developed a kind of personality (what though?).

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: September 02, 2016, 12:07:46 pm »

If he was stuck on Vracks, he could have starved to death however many times.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6208 on: September 02, 2016, 12:10:45 pm »

Vraks.
And it's not like that's a big setback for a Perpetual... and I am not even sure if they actually can starve to death.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: September 02, 2016, 12:26:19 pm »

Setback maybe not, but if they Can starve to death that's gotta screw up the sanity a bit more.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 824