Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965242 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: You are what you eat, so eat your greens.
« Reply #6225 on: September 02, 2016, 02:29:31 pm »

1. If you're gonna go to /tg/, lunk pls.
K.

2. You'd be better off using your pic and a synopsis/character outline. Let Ghazkull post his snip himself and thus get the credit.
The point is I would want to start the thing with it because it's fucking hilarious and gr8. Like, you know, this buildup and then "Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you Death Korps Perpetual. Discuss." I don't know though, I ain't posting it without His permission anyways.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 02:38:51 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6227 on: September 02, 2016, 02:41:24 pm »

Fuck, I realized that I am capitalizing every He and His a little while ago and kept correcting that but I knew that I will fuck up sooner or later. :P
Well, IT'S NOT LIKE GHAZKULL CAN'T BE EMPEROR. I MEAN YES, GHAZKULL CAN'T BE BUT THIS GHAZKULL MIGHT BECAUSE HE'S ACTUALLY HUMAN. I MEAN... UH.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: September 02, 2016, 03:07:20 pm »

I'm almost sorry for the heresy.

Almost.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: September 02, 2016, 03:09:57 pm »

Gotta ask. ... Do perpetuals scar?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6230 on: September 02, 2016, 03:25:28 pm »

Not sure - maybe they do as long as it's within one "reincarnation". The Ollanius Persson certainly has a tattoo, though.

EDIT:
Kind of, it's possible for short term if the person in question doesn't give a shit. So, that means that every scar on that guy is really fresh - he got wounded few days ago at best. Tattoos stay unless the piece of body they're on is destroyed.

Spoiler: ANYWAY (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 04:38:31 pm by Kot »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: September 02, 2016, 05:06:29 pm »

Heh. Saw that queiry on 40k general.

I'm starting to get the feeling that perpetuals are sorta "fixed state".
Like they have a certain makeup of atoms which the universe is loathe to have changed.
So it's not really regeneration so much as an undoing.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: September 02, 2016, 07:01:39 pm »

I made a thing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: September 02, 2016, 07:38:52 pm »

That's one of the two conceptions of Perpetuity that make sense. Either it's the local reversal of entropy or it's energy taken from somewhere (the warp?) to restore the body from the soul. The real test is for a Perpetual to be splattered but not vaporized. If they come back in a pool of their own viscera it's the latter, if there's nothing it's the former.

Personally, I prefer the reversed entropy because I imagine a Perpetual having been eaten by Tyranids, only for a bunch of nids to die/turn into cancer later when random biomass suddenly vanishes.

I had a concept forming to write about the Endless Kreiger, but that was last night and it's vanished now. Alas.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 07:43:02 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: September 03, 2016, 02:33:51 am »

Cool DJ, Grim.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: September 03, 2016, 03:24:44 am »

Not sure - maybe they do as long as it's within one "reincarnation". The Ollanius Persson certainly has a tattoo, though.

EDIT:
Kind of, it's possible for short term if the person in question doesn't give a shit. So, that means that every scar on that guy is really fresh - he got wounded few days ago at best. Tattoos stay unless the piece of body they're on is destroyed.

Spoiler: ANYWAY (click to show/hide)

Amazing as always, kot.

By the way, is there a some sort of limit on how many purity seals person may have?
Do they strap them to nearly everything?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: September 03, 2016, 06:54:58 am »

They don't strap them to shoes.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: September 03, 2016, 06:56:13 am »

They don't strap them to shoes.

Sure they do :P

They attach them to the sole of the shoes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: September 03, 2016, 07:06:40 am »

Plus, Dreadnought shoes have them.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: September 03, 2016, 07:22:34 am »

Fuck, I realized that I am capitalizing every He and His a little while ago and kept correcting that but I knew that I will fuck up sooner or later. :P
Well, IT'S NOT LIKE GHAZKULL CAN'T BE EMPEROR. I MEAN YES, GHAZKULL CAN'T BE BUT THIS GHAZKULL MIGHT BECAUSE HE'S ACTUALLY HUMAN. I MEAN... UH.

MWAHAHA.

ahem. You can post it for all i care, it was just some random writefaggotry i came up with on the spot.

- The Young Neophyte was afraid. He was cowering behind the broken corpse of his paladin. The things he had seen today...the horrors. His mind grasped for prayers like a drunk Ork for his choppa, his mouth formed empty words but the frequent terror-induced stutters and gibbers prevented even the simplest litanies.

What should have been a simple support mission had turned into wholesale slaughter as the demons tore in from the beyond. No one had ever told him of these terrors. Nothing had prepared him for the reality of fighting Heretics. Around him the Neophytes were torn apart as the Bloodletters gorged themselves. Paladin Renard was somehow still alive, propped up against a nearby boulder, he was emptying his bolt pistol into a not at all impeded Bloodletter gleefully feasting on the paladins legs.

When a shadow fell over him he knew it was over. Soon his soul would be devoured and his existence end. He would not sit with his fellow brothers at the side of the emperor...he would instead be tortured until the end of tim-

"Get up."

That was no demonic voice. Fearfully the Neophyte looked up and stared into the eyes of a man much smaller than him. Gaunt, tired and haunted. The face of someone who had seen too much...his eyes...his eyes were-

He held his hand in front of the Neophyte who stared dumbly at it for a moment before grasping it and rising. He was now towering above him. Standing, the Young Neophyte could see that the man was wearing the garb of a guardsman...88th. He somewhere hea-

"Get your gun, mount a bayonet and follow me."

He stared with shock at the man. a Simple Guardsman...against Demons of Khorne? While he was still contemplating this, the man charged the Demons with his bayonet mounted on a hellgun, silently, his mouth turned upwards in a rictus grin. The fool was gonna...

---------

The Bloodletter realized that what he had swallowed was certainly not a pineapple, when the krak grenade tore him apart in a shower of blood and organs.

The second bloodletter realized that this was gonna be a terrible day when a little man glided through the remains of his kin constantly firing his hellgun into his gut before sinking 45 centimeters of Kriegan Steel in its gut.

The Third one was prepared when the little human had finished disembowling his remaining kin. He readied his sword and bellowed a challenge. It was odd that one of the tiny men was a greater challenge than the knights of this so called emperor, but he would take his pleasure wherever he got it.

"Little manling, I am Kh'tar, slayer of a thousand enemies, i challenge you!"

He roared at the little manling, he had killed two of his brethren, such a combatant deserved some respect.

The little man with the Aquila imprinted on his face looked blankly at the bloodletter. His head tilted as if this was something he hadn't seen before.

"We are Regiment"

---------------------------------------

The Neophyte watched, shaken, his mouth involuntarily uttering praise to the emperor as the single Kriegan Korpsman fought the Bloodletter. The man moved with a skill and speed that was frankly impossible for an unaugmented human.

Even so, fighting a Bloodletter head on in close-quarters was dangerous even for a space-marine and more so for this Korpsman. the Bloodletter moved with inhuman speed and grace and soon the Korpsman was bleeding from a dozen wounds.

Suddenly the Korpsman was impaled on the sword...it was over.

Except he started laughing. It was hollow. Hoarse. Empty. The man was grinning at the Demon of Khorne as if he had won.

"In Death - release." were his last words before he dropped the krak grenade between the two.

-----

He awoke amidst the ruins of a battle...his battle. the Demon corpses had long dissolved, the Black Templars had brought theirs home. Only he was left amid dried blood and gore.

Slowly he rose.

With an imperceptible slump he marched into the direction of the nearest settlement.

The Emperor was not satisfied with his atonement yet.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 08:18:22 am by Ghazkull »
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 824