Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965304 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile

Swarmlord : they are deploying winged guys in outdated armour on horses. Codex astartes and tactica imperialis dont tell anything on that, what do?
Hivemind : this is bullshit, check for hallucinogens or some warp fuckery
Lictor : no, there is deployment of cavalry regiment against our hive, just got the data out of local munitorum clerk
Hivemind : there might be some hidden madness in their genes, dont eat them, retreat!
How to break the hive mind in 30 seconds:send bay12 after the tyranids
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More likely:

Swarmlord: Oh hey, a Rough Rider regiment, been a while since they threw one of those at us right Moms?
Hive Mind: You'd think they'd have learned that putting extra biomass down in front of us is a bad idea by now.
Swarmlord: Maybe they're hoping to kill all our synapse organisms with their explosive lances, better tell them to pull back behind some 'gaunts or Venomthropes.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gj8pAN7Y7E

Man at Arms is making a chainsword.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Mom.
MOM.
BUY ME THIS!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+100 for Blood Angels.

Sissy space vampires forever.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

TBH I think it turned out way too fat on the engine. But I guess that's what you get if you don't make it custom from start.
...TBH, it's actually pretty shitty, way too much chainsaw and too little chainsword, but I suppose it's... working, so there's that. They made Space Marine chainsword, after all, not a slimmer and lighter Imperial Guard version. I would want to see the Imperial Guard one, get a brawny dude and see him swing that shit around at some pig caracasses.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that all the little details really make up for that. And, lets be honest, its about impossible to do any better.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Nah, I say it's possible. You can have RC car working V12, so with custom engine you could get pretty slim. There is space inside the blade where you could put a tank (the feeding would be shitty but I suppose that would help balance the whole thing better, at least as long as the tank is more full than empty).
Fuck, that actually makes me want to build one. Shame I will proably never get to it, but still...

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After a stint of time in which I've had no money to spend on the hobby side of things I have finally managed to get the new Kharn model.  :D

Made some slight modifications to his chains, replacing the spiked weights with hooks and skulls, just because I feel hooks look more evil and chaosy.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 04:42:16 pm by Kot »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile

I love it!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

My test would have been is it human wieldable? The answer is quite clearly no.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

My test would have been is it human wieldable? The answer is quite clearly no.
Are you talking about the chainsword? Depends, the one they made fails, though it proably could be, if you had very serious muscle. After all, it seems to be Astrates size.
The main issue seems to be finding an small enough combustion engine on commercial market. It doesn't have to be powerful or last long, it would be just for show. Tbh, I am convinced if you designed it from scratch you could have one that could be swung around whirring and actually be pretty intimidating. Worst case scenario is imitating the engine while using electrical motors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile

What kind of engine do chainswords use in-universe, anyway? I guess I always figured it was some electric motor powered by whatever future sci-fi engine they use for power armor and such.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure they burn promethium same as everything else, but it might be the same power cells las weaponry uses.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 824