Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965347 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: WH40K thread: Happy Fistmas from your friends at the WH40K thread!
« Reply #7965 on: January 12, 2017, 12:23:44 pm »

They find a lost human civilization and to their dismay, find the nobles and a large number of the populace had modified their DNA to include xenos DNA. The word bearer space marine, a genetically enhanced superhuman, picks up a despondant human-xeno hybrid and wonders, why did they do it? What possible benefit did it grant them that it was worth it? That it was a space marine asking these questions and that they found no answers makes it so much better
...why? I mean, I understand what you seem to be implying, but glorious space marines are a genetically enhanced superhumans after all, and hideous xeno-human hybrids are genetically degraded subhumans...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: January 12, 2017, 12:32:39 pm »

Well, one could argue that space marines are so different from baseline humans that they're barely even human anymore. Hell, space marines are actualy more distant from baseline humans than most abhuman strains, since not only have they gone under genetic modification, and they also have several non natural organs implanted into their bodies. I mean, there's a difference between putting super enhanced human genetic material into your body and putting xenos material in your body, but in practice the effects can be so similar one could barely even notice, unless of course they're a word bearer, meaning they can prob notice and get pissed off by the difference between a grain of rice and a grain of rice that loves the emperor.

Prob because a grain of rice that loves the emperor would be golden.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 12:34:16 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: January 12, 2017, 12:43:53 pm »

Saffron is the Emperor's chosen herb.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: January 12, 2017, 01:51:59 pm »

I was being kinda sarcastic with the Golden Throne thing, nenjin, we all know how it turned out.

Sorry, once you start in on a screed, it's hard to stop. You know how it is.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: January 12, 2017, 03:17:31 pm »

In tabletop news, for those interested, Saint Celestine has new rules, which are widely being hailed as broken as shit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm on the fence. She's durable as all hell, especially for that points cost, but she also has no AP2 and will be blocked hard by anything with a 2+ armour save or a good invulnerable. She basically exists to buff other units and murder power armour, though with just 6 attacks on the charge she's going to take a while to do that.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: January 13, 2017, 02:48:32 am »

T3 W5 2+ EW.

It's... Beautiful.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #7971 on: January 13, 2017, 10:27:21 am »

Also, another thing about the Fall of Cadia...
Spoiler: Necrons (click to show/hide)
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: January 13, 2017, 02:54:08 pm »

Oh Immortal Emperor, deliver us from the dangers of the void... inside writers heads.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: January 13, 2017, 03:17:11 pm »

That feel when you realize that Newcrons are probably the most friendly species of filthy xenos.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7974 on: January 13, 2017, 04:16:19 pm »

Friendlycrons only exterminate xenos that play music too loud or step on their carefully maintained tombs

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7975 on: January 13, 2017, 04:17:52 pm »

Git off my galaxy, dang kids!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #7976 on: January 13, 2017, 08:07:42 pm »

Newcrons are so friendly only because >Warp. This is their exact stated motivation. They warred Old Ones which did a lot of stuff in Warp, so they don't enjoy it and they apparently realize that Chaos is not fun, and they're the ones with technology to pull it out (removing warp storms and such).

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7977 on: January 13, 2017, 08:09:58 pm »

I'm still kinda salty about the whole Newcron thing. It took the intimidation factor completely away from them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: January 13, 2017, 08:43:34 pm »

This must be fairly recent I take it. None of that doggerel has been in the fiction I'm reading. Yet. Maybe it's time me and current 40k part ways like I did with Fantasy, before something monumentally stupid is done.

Because I like my Necrons like I like my.....ah man, I can't even finish that joke.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: January 13, 2017, 09:10:29 pm »

Newcrons have been around for several years now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 824