Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965495 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: WHAOK thread: No Such Thing As A Free Bolter, But Heresy's Everywhere!
« Reply #9240 on: September 24, 2017, 08:36:55 pm »

My rules knowledge is stuck somewhere in 5th or maybe 6th.  I remember eldar bikes getting a free 6" move in assault or something.  So they can pop in and out of cover and such.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9241 on: September 24, 2017, 08:44:13 pm »

a goyl says it looks like
a transformer

sorry guys ultrasmurfs DO look like staged michael bay actors
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: September 24, 2017, 09:24:31 pm »

The poor thread title! WTF!
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: September 24, 2017, 10:28:38 pm »

Why would we give away free bolters though?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: September 24, 2017, 11:20:13 pm »

How do Imperial jetbikes compare to Eldar jetbikes?

The are big, bulky, and have tires for some bloody reason.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(the only human jetbike I remember was some ravenwing hero guy.  Its unique lostech or some other bollocks.  Either way the 6" move that jetbikes may-or-may-not have anymore applied only to eldar/dark eldar ones anyway.)
I'm asking about Imperial jetbikes, not attack bikes. The Ravenwing hero guy's jetbike is the kind of thing I mean. I think there are also jetbikes from Horus Heresy unless I'm mistaken?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: September 24, 2017, 11:29:35 pm »

There's these ones that I think came along with the Horus Heresy models but aside from that and the one for the Dark Angels Ravenwing the Imperium doesn't really use any, lost technology or similar I believe. They do have the Landspeeders but they're a step above a jetbike.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9246 on: September 25, 2017, 01:36:35 am »

Yes.
Also, it should be noted that while Sammaels jetbike is supposedly the only one, the Corvex, but he constantly gets it into combat and it has been destroyed a good few times, yet it still reappears relatively undamaged, which means that they either have someone really fucking good at repairing it in Ravenwing, or they sit on some hidden stash of jetbikes they keep for the Master of the Ravenwing, or, even better, they have the Jetbike STC but refuse to share and somehow managed to stop Mechanicus from trying to murder them for it... or there is warp-fuckery involved and Corvex is actually a fucking deamon in machine. None of these wouldn't suprise me, considering, you know, Dark Angels.

Although, there is some relative chance that there are some hidden-off jetbikes around, with Custodes most likely keeping the last ones for Kataphraktoi, perhaps some Dark Angels successors having some, Mechanicus gently pressing their mecha-dicks into exhaust of some long-forgotten in deep vault under Mars to maybe create some jetbike babies, and so on. Imperial Jetbikes in 40k are very damn rare, since the STC got fucked during Horus Heresy and they got picked-off during the 10,000 years since then, but it's hard to believe there is only one in whole Imperium, more likely the remaining ones are just hidden away because they are so rare and valuable, and Ravenwing are the only ones still using one on field.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: September 25, 2017, 03:15:55 am »

*observes thread title*

i can't believe you've done this

Bask in its glory.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: No Such Thing As A Free Bolter, But Heresy's Everywhere!
« Reply #9248 on: September 25, 2017, 03:36:49 am »

*observes thread title*

i can't believe you've done this

Bask in its glory.

*notices the change, finally*

WHAT EVEN IS WHAOK

Does that stand for WarHammer A okay? As in everything's fine, despite that generally being the opposite of the case?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: WH40K thread: No Such Thing As A Free Bolter, But Heresy's Everywhere!
« Reply #9249 on: September 25, 2017, 03:40:31 am »

*notices the change, finally*

WHAT EVEN IS WHAOK

Does that stand for WarHammer A okay? As in everything's fine, despite that generally being the opposite of the case?
Nobody knows.
Egan just keeps saying it and refusing to clarify. :V
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: September 25, 2017, 03:42:51 am »

So on the tabletop, how does an Imperial jetbike (NOT an attack bike) compare to an Eldar jetbike? I have yet to receive an answer to that question.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: September 25, 2017, 04:27:26 am »

It's definitely not WHAtK.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9252 on: September 25, 2017, 04:28:34 am »

In 8th edition, 14" movement on Corvex, 16" on Eldar jetbikes, IIRC, but I think Eldar lost their ability to move twice a turn now. As for weapons, Corvex has plasma cannon and twin storm bolter, Eldar jetbikes have twin shuriken catapult, shuriken cannon or scatter laser. It seems that Imperial Jetbikes are slower, but if they are as well equipped as Corvex, they hit harder than Eldar jetbikes, also are MUCH, MUCH less resilent, although it should be considered that Corvex is used by special character which probably explains why it's so tough, although the Custodes are on almost the same level, but eh, they're Custodes. There are also Shining Spears, which are the ones that get the various "SUPERIOR AGILITY FUCK YOUR SHOOTING I HAVE SAVES" bonuses.
I don't have the books though, and finding it on internet without downloading the whole books is a bitche, so if someone who actually has it might speak up.

Anyhow...

It's definitely not WHAtK.
WHAOE.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: September 25, 2017, 04:34:27 am »

More like "Age of Blandperor" considering how the rules are looking currently.
*mutter grumble groan*
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: September 25, 2017, 04:34:40 am »

WHAoT?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 824