Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965435 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: Lictor, P.I.
« Reply #9630 on: October 31, 2017, 05:02:36 pm »

Not sure if I asked this here before are not, but do Nurglites infight? Slaanesh, Khorne, and Tzeentch cultists do a lot of infighting, but what about Nurgle cultists? If they don't do a lot of infight, why is it that they don't have an edge against cultists of other gods?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9631 on: October 31, 2017, 05:08:47 pm »

Not sure if I asked this here before are not, but do Nurglites infight? Slaanesh, Khorne, and Tzeentch cultists do a lot of infighting, but what about Nurgle cultists? If they don't do a lot of infight, why is it that they don't have an edge against cultists of other gods?
Chaos worshippers are chaos worshippers. They always fight for their God's favour.
Also, Nurgle worshippers rot away in real time. Space AIDS does that to you.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9632 on: October 31, 2017, 05:15:01 pm »

Largely because the power of the four Gods and their servants is not necessarily based on logical constraints but on reflections of the materium. If there's an exceptionally plaguey or diseased era of the galaxy, nurglite cultists do take an edge against the other four, and are usually second most powerful after Khorne (naturally ascendant in the only war era). That said, the Khornite cultists and Slaaneshi cultists also don't tend to infight, and when the Khornates do it's usually to weed out the weak, thus the Khornates improve their capabilities with controlled infighting (and their own infighting makes Khorne stronger). Tzeentch gets more powerful the more he causes his cultists to fight one another. Or turn into dust. Thus things all balance out with nurgle's love slowly causing his cultists to rot away

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look at that shit. Absolutely unacceptable. But on nurgle, it is

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9633 on: October 31, 2017, 05:21:27 pm »

Nurgle worshippers fight each other all the time as they have vastly different ideas of how to serve Nurgle, are still power hungry madmen and view others deaths as of little consequence. They will generally cleave together when in the same area and with the same goals, the various Nurgle bands on Vraks mostly closed ranks and told Zhufor to bugger off when he was doing his takeover of the various Chaos factions there for example, but if you stick Death Guard in a room with the Purge there's going to be blood and pus coating the walls in minutes because of the former's pro-zombie and disease agenda and the latter's anti-all life agenda.

Their warbands tend to be less internally stabby than some, but usually a warband only has a handful of potential champions in it anyway and the reigning Chaos Lord or Sorcerer is usually so powerful no one would dare challenge them. Most Chaos on Chaos combat is between warbands rather than within warbands barring a few of the more politically inclined groups.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9634 on: November 01, 2017, 11:57:19 pm »

Anyone have any That Guy stories?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9635 on: November 02, 2017, 12:48:43 am »

Not from 40k playing, none that I remember all that well, and several of them feature me as That Guy, but yeah.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9636 on: November 02, 2017, 03:03:19 am »

I mean sure, but tg would be better at telling them.
I mean they have entire threads dedicated to them.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9637 on: November 02, 2017, 04:40:10 am »

What are "That Guy stories?"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9638 on: November 02, 2017, 06:01:50 am »

That Guy is the guy in 'You don't want to be That Guy.' The one who ruins everything

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9639 on: November 02, 2017, 06:38:48 am »

You know... that guy.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9640 on: November 02, 2017, 06:41:52 am »

One That guy story I may have would be how i ruined 40k table top to my friend by bringing 2000 points of leman russ imp guard on his relatively balanced 7th edition chaos list. He got mad becaus ehalf his army was useless and the anti armor I immediately took out.
After that he refused to play 40K tabletop up until 8th edition.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9641 on: November 02, 2017, 10:31:17 am »

That Guy is the guy in 'You don't want to be That Guy.' The one who ruins everything
This in sharp contrast against This Guy, 'I love This Guy!'
This Guy over here is a genius, this guy saved my life, this guy is charming and brigs a few beers and snacks for everyone.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #9642 on: November 02, 2017, 10:38:24 am »

Nurgle worshippers fight each other all the time as they have vastly different ideas of how to serve Nurgle, are still power hungry madmen and view others deaths as of little consequence. They will generally cleave together when in the same area and with the same goals, the various Nurgle bands on Vraks mostly closed ranks and told Zhufor to bugger off when he was doing his takeover of the various Chaos factions there for example, but if you stick Death Guard in a room with the Purge there's going to be blood and pus coating the walls in minutes because of the former's pro-zombie and disease agenda and the latter's anti-all life agenda.

Their warbands tend to be less internally stabby than some, but usually a warband only has a handful of potential champions in it anyway and the reigning Chaos Lord or Sorcerer is usually so powerful no one would dare challenge them. Most Chaos on Chaos combat is between warbands rather than within warbands barring a few of the more politically inclined groups.

Actually, I completely disagree.

Nurgle, more so than any other Chaos Gods, treats his followers as his children. While 1d4chan may have been a bit overzealous with the whole "Nurgle loves everyone! What a great guy!" thing, he still is the most jovial of the chaos gods. I mean, just look at Nurglings. Those things are essentially just really tiny Nurgles, and they're having the time of their life (or whatever it is Daemons live). Unlike other Chaos gods, Nurgle didnt actually do that much to actively screw over his servants. I mean, look at Tzeentch's Daemons and Cultists. They're literally in a 24/7 information war. Hell, Kairos even tried to overthrow/outpower Tzeentch that one time. Nurgle very much emphasizes stagnancy, and simply enjoying the cycle of life. It doesnt make sense for his servants to try to overthrow each other, since that would be changing, which is Tzeentch's shtick.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9643 on: November 02, 2017, 10:42:13 am »

I dont think nurgle actively gains anything from inaction?  Stagnancy yes, but not willful inaction.  of course they would infight.  Especially when they are just mortal cultists.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9644 on: November 02, 2017, 11:06:52 am »

Uh... Typhus and Mortarion are literally infighting right now.
Humans suck. That’s universal.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 824