Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965538 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: Lictor, P.I.
« Reply #9870 on: December 18, 2017, 03:51:34 pm »

Well, given the current status of the stripperstodes, odds are they could've had it traded for... Something :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9871 on: December 18, 2017, 04:12:11 pm »

Damn, that link sent me on a walk. I eventually found out that the Blood Ravens are actual Impossible Thieves. One of their wargear items' description in one of the DoW2 games mentions that no Blood Raven has ever set foot on Terra, with Mars(presumably Techmarines like Martellus) being the closest they've ever gotten to the Golden Throne. And yet, two of their other wargear items are a weapon and golden armor of the Adeptus Custodes - who never ever leave the Imperial Palace. "It was a gift" indeed.

Blood Ravens have this chapter-wide special power, where they get cool shit that disagrees with canon because they're a THQ official chapter and so need to play catch up periodically with other chapters that weren't torn straight out of someone's asshole.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: December 18, 2017, 04:16:07 pm »

Its probably from the same warehouse the IG found those hundred or so baneblades over in Soulstorm.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: December 18, 2017, 04:32:23 pm »

Its probably from the same warehouse the IG found those hundred or so baneblades over in Soulstorm.

BAAAAAAAAAAAANEBLAAAAAAAAAAAAADE!!!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: December 18, 2017, 05:57:20 pm »

Well, given the current status of the stripperstodes, odds are they could've had it traded for... Something :P

In recent custodes books, they have ritual involving
 putting on fabulous cape with shady hoodie and travelling galaxy alone punching bad things.( how fabulous demigods in red capes manage to pretend being ordinary imperial pilgrims on such quest is another question, probably blood ravens stole things from one, while he was applying oil)

Also they unload literal csms in golden palace for killing practice and write essays on philology and ancient history as hobby.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9875 on: December 18, 2017, 07:18:01 pm »

Heresy-era Custodes had the whole rituai competition to infiltrate the Imperial Palace (so they could identify holes in security), so presumably they have their ways to blend in. A mandatory cape rather ruins that, granted.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9876 on: December 19, 2017, 06:23:21 am »

You know, it's kinda weird  when you read into some lore and it mentions stuff like Marines doing covert operations and setting up Imperial guerillas on Tau planets, sneaking around and in broader terms doing covert-ops, all while they're fucking GIGANTIC, so even if they lay pff the armour for a while and just do it in clothes or something, they would stick out like a sore thumb. My only guess really is that all Marines can become suddenly invisible without the armour or something, because other than that it doesn't make much sense.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: December 19, 2017, 06:39:11 am »

Well there could be mutants, ogrins and such and to filthy xenos eyes they might look the same.

Also chameleomine (or whatever is written) capes and armor do exist.

Finally the guerilla warfare doesn't just mean to blend in with the population or doing ninja strikes (nor does preclude it). It mean asymmetric warfare, conducted with operations (not necessarily covert ones) from hiding and focussing on disrupting the logistics, chain of command and generally the capacity and will of the enemy to fight.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: December 19, 2017, 06:59:26 am »

By Space Marines couldn't they mean the Scout Marines? They'd probably have an easier time blending in, not being fully Space Marines yet.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9879 on: December 19, 2017, 07:06:25 am »

Also chameleomine (or whatever is written) capes and armor do exist.

Finally the guerilla warfare doesn't just mean to blend in with the population or doing ninja strikes (nor does preclude it). It mean asymmetric warfare, conducted with operations (not necessarily covert ones) from hiding and focussing on disrupting the logistics, chain of command and generally the capacity and will of the enemy to fight.
No. What I mean is they go down to a planet, say a Hive city, and set up guerillas out of citizens. They talk to people, make them fight for Emperor, etc, do espionage and whatnot, which pretty much involve blending in and acting like regular citizen. And Cameoline cloaks aren't perfect, and they don't work in areas which change a lot and when you move.

By Space Marines couldn't they mean the Scout Marines? They'd probably have an easier time blending in, not being fully Space Marines yet.
They still big ass people.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: December 19, 2017, 07:27:42 am »

Do scout marines get the BIGBOI implants? I thought they didn't get those until they were officially made space marines..
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9881 on: December 19, 2017, 08:19:15 am »

They do get BIGBOI implants. The only implants (except Space Wolves, as their Scouts are full Marines, just without PA, and except probably some other chapter with gimmicks) they lack is Black Carapace, which is the interface between Marine and Power Armour. Everything is in place, so the only thing they lack is Power Armour, and even without them they are pretty bulky mofos.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9882 on: December 19, 2017, 10:05:24 am »

Well, some of ravenguard share Corvus gift of Becoming invisible at will.
Also one ravenguard heresy era novel had some marines jump around ship unnoticed IN FULL BATTLE GEAR, and pulling stuff like jumping around serf, while he was doing his own business and staying out of his sight. Idea of power armoured half tonne weighting tank jumping around SILENTLY is somewhat hilarious

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: December 19, 2017, 10:55:21 am »

Yeah was going to say. At least some of the Raven Guard get a mild version of the Jedi mind trick for invis.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: December 19, 2017, 02:10:53 pm »

Marines can blend in provided no one around knows what an unarmoured marine looks like, which is most people in 40k. Probably less than 10% of people have ever seen one, let alone one naked, and on places like Tau worlds that'll be even lower and made more awkward by Tau propoganda portraying marines as big dumb brutes.

That and when Catachans,, Ogryn and Beastmen exist a marine isn't all that outside the possible human variations externally in size. House Goliath gangers from Necromunda are similarly huge and they're just genetically enhanced factory workers.

The biggest give away is probably the sockets for the black carapace all over them really. Not many augmetics that blends in with, though they are easy enough to conceal.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 824