Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 951678 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: Lictor, P.I.
« Reply #10065 on: January 23, 2018, 11:10:06 pm »

I feel like 40k is all about equality.
Geez the lore has changed a lot since I played.

This is Hyperbole. And while it's kind of true, obviously there are holes in the statement.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: January 24, 2018, 02:45:48 am »

Any ideas on how to beat space wolves on the table.

Dude playing them so far wrecked everything by wulfen, Bjorn, Njal, Ulric the slayer and 3 other infantry squads.
All his tactics are CHAAAAAARGEEE( pretty much classic space wolves yeah)

The only dude winning against this had his night lords just objective camp, while avoiding wolf close combat memery.( relating combat he got nearly wiped first turn)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10067 on: January 24, 2018, 07:52:29 am »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArmaaadaaaaaaaaaa!

I don't know if I should be happy or mad that they dropped the old one so... soon.

"It will include, at launch, all 12 factions from the original tabletop game and its expansion Armada it is based on: the Imperial Navy, Space Marines, Adeptus Mechanicus, Necrons, Chaos, Aeldari Corsairs, Aeldari Craftworld, Drukhari, the T’au Merchant and Protector Fleets, Orks, and finally, the Tyranids."
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 08:03:19 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: January 24, 2018, 08:26:57 am »

Uhhhh... cool.

Meanwhile, Thousand Sons got new toys.
I’m not sure I like new toys. Still haven’t bought any Tzaangors or a Magnus (although exalted sorcerers I could get by the handful)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10069 on: January 24, 2018, 10:30:51 am »

Unf dat space croissant

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: January 24, 2018, 10:34:00 am »

Uhhhh... cool.

Meanwhile, Thousand Sons got new toys.
I’m not sure I like new toys. Still haven’t bought any Tzaangors or a Magnus (although exalted sorcerers I could get by the handful)

I've got some of all the 1k Sons models* apart from the tzaangors on discs getting ported over from AoS, though I do have a shaman. I'd say the Tzaangors aren't quite as nice as the actual 1k Sons models, but that's because they try too hard to complement the marines heavy tzeentch aesthetic rather than being their own interpretation.

Ultimately the Tzaangors are nice models, but I think they would have benefitted from more of a feral touch to tie them in with the old fantasy beastmen. They're a bit too warpy and not enough barbariany really, though they do look like something He-Man would punch in the face if his show had a higher budget, which seems to be the design aesthetic for a lot of chaos stuff for AoS. I like them a lot with more natural fleshtones and feather colours, I feel it makes them more horrific to play up the 'this is or was fundamentally human' angle.

The shaman is actually a really nice mini though. Pose is decent, details are great and it doesn't quite tip over the line from being ornate to being busy that a lot of minis are struggling with lately. I plan to pick a second one to try and convert into a foot character sometime, maybe try to mash it together with the bray-shaman mini.

*Including Magnus, who in retrospect I think I would've preferred with all gold armour highlighted with silver rather than the silver with gold and blue detailing I did on him.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10071 on: January 24, 2018, 10:42:08 am »

I was thinking of doing some fleshtone or blue wash Tzaangors, but their leg plate still gets to me.
I could chop some cultists up and try to kitbash them? Especially if cultists have no stratagems and turn out to be completely useless.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: January 24, 2018, 10:59:02 am »

I don't think cultist legs would work very well, they're built with different proportions and poses, so I think the legs would look small and oddly positioned without a looooot of work. Gor/Bestigor legs might work, but the pose would still be off and that's still quite a bit of knife work.

Depending on skin tone you might be able to pass the Tzaangors armour off as banded leather if that'd sit better with you.

What kind of look would you prefer for Gors anyway? Tzeentchy, technobarbarian, animalistic? It should be possible to make them look like a lot of different things with some kitbashing or greenstuff.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: January 24, 2018, 11:24:52 am »

I literally just realized that "Tzaangors" are Tzeentchian beastmen.

Beastmen have Ungors, Gors, and Urgors

Tzeentch messes with them and creates "Tzaangors"

Someone please tell me im not the only one where this just slipped by them.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: January 24, 2018, 11:52:27 am »

I literally just realized that "Tzaangors" are Tzeentchian beastmen.

Beastmen have Ungors, Gors, and Urgors

Tzeentch messes with them and creates "Tzaangors"

Someone please tell me im not the only one where this just slipped by them.

Urgors aren't a thing to my recollection.

In 40k there's Beastmen (cloven and uncloven), Minotaurs, Tzaangors, Pestigors, Khorngors and Slaangors, with the latter 4 being a matter of what they worship. Uncloven Beastmen are mostly human and used to be allowed in the army, cloven have always been shunned and Minotaurs are basically Beastmen Ogryn.

In Fantasy there's Brays, Ungor, Bovigor, Caprigor and the Caprigor subgroups -> Gor, Bestigor, Shaman, as well as the parralel beings Minotaurs, Cygors and Centigors. Tzaan/Slaan/Pesti/Khorngors are once again a matter of worship and are almost always Caprigors. There are also Tzaanbulls, Slaanbulls etc as marked minotaurs.

With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: A comparative biology of Beastmen.
« Reply #10075 on: January 24, 2018, 12:00:12 pm »

Beastmen rule. I think they're my favorite race between both fantasy and 40k. I think they get short shrift in 40k since there's so many other badasses around, but in fantasy they shine. And I think their lore is pretty cool.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: January 24, 2018, 12:01:17 pm »

Interesting post, added it to the library next to MSH's earlier tome.

(If I ever miss something that might fit in there, shoot me a pm, I don't always fully keep up with the thread))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: January 24, 2018, 12:01:25 pm »

YEah, your right. I have no idea where "Urgor" came from.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: January 24, 2018, 12:42:01 pm »

Beastmen rule. I think they're my favorite race between both fantasy and 40k. I think they get short shrift in 40k since there's so many other badasses around, but in fantasy they shine. And I think their lore is pretty cool.

Them and Vampires were tied for my favorites in Fantasy, and in 40k I feel like there's a lot of wasted potential for them and the other Abhumans and more inflitration themed xenos. What happens when genestealers infect abhumans for example?

YEah, your right. I have no idea where "Urgor" came from.

Probably just some kind of mix up with Ungor due to the sound.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: January 24, 2018, 01:10:15 pm »

I don't think cultist legs would work very well, they're built with different proportions and poses, so I think the legs would look small and oddly positioned without a looooot of work. Gor/Bestigor legs might work, but the pose would still be off and that's still quite a bit of knife work.

Depending on skin tone you might be able to pass the Tzaangors armour off as banded leather if that'd sit better with you.

What kind of look would you prefer for Gors anyway? Tzeentchy, technobarbarian, animalistic? It should be possible to make them look like a lot of different things with some kitbashing or greenstuff.
In a perfect world i’d steal Cultist torso-thighs and stick Tzaangor arms, heads and hooves on them. I would much rather them to have a “ragged robes” look.

Not “Tzeentchy, technobarbarian or animalistic”, but more like beastman cultists.
Impoverished fanatics.

(And then they all have chainswords and Tzaangor blades which are super pretty anyway so hey)
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 824