Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971155 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: A comparative biology of Beastmen.
« Reply #10125 on: February 12, 2018, 03:33:51 am »

I am confused at the question.
Are you looking for an analogue of our mythological fey, but in the WHFB universe?
Or have you come across a mention of WHFB 'fey' and want more info?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: February 12, 2018, 10:11:31 pm »

Or have you come across a mention of WHFB 'fey' and want more info?
This. Dryads and stuff count.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: February 13, 2018, 02:20:58 pm »

I mean, the closest mention is the fey enchantress, but otherwise it’d mostly be the forest spriits, which have been living in Athel Loren since before the wood elves got there.
That’s dryads and treats and the like.

Ofc most of my info is coming from Total Warhammer so hey.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: February 13, 2018, 02:40:54 pm »

Kislev has some nature spirits too, but they're not explained much.

In Athel Loren you have a few main types:

Treemen are the biggest and serve as the leaders, they sleep for long periods of time and it was they who decided to allow the elves to stay.

Treekin are the souls of dead elves that have possessed deadwood to make a body and live a shadowy half life protecting things they can no longer remember.

Dryads are spiteful and viscious creatureswho mostly keep watch for anyone harming the forest and then attempt to tear them apart.

Spites are small fairy like creatures who enjoy hurting intruders, sometimes to the point of killing them.

There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: February 16, 2018, 03:34:59 pm »

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: February 16, 2018, 03:39:07 pm »

Kinda old but I haven't seen anyone mention it here but DoW3 is dead with Relic abandoning any further development.

Guess you can't have a healthy number of players if you made a shit game.
And then your publisher and their investors order you to drop it because it's not giving profit right now so fuck trying to make it good.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: February 16, 2018, 03:54:29 pm »

The base was inherently flawed, you can only tack on so much walpaper to cover the fact that the house is made of shit.

It's sad that this is probably the last we'll see of DoW for a long time, if ever but if 3 was any indication of future quality then I really don't mind that.
AS - IG

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: February 16, 2018, 03:57:57 pm »

It was never going to be made good. The hard focus on the heroes to the detriment of the rest of the game ensured that without a complete redesign, it'd never amount to anything more than a poorly done MOBA wannabe.

Plus reception was so disastrous on release that even with that complete redesign the name would be toxic enough to ensure it'd never get enough players to make it worthwhile.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: February 16, 2018, 04:34:59 pm »

Color me not surprised. The obsession with e-sports and monetizing it has fucked over more than a couple franchises.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: February 16, 2018, 04:39:41 pm »

Color me not surprised. The obsession with e-sports and monetizing it has fucked over more than a couple franchises.
But they're not making every single cent that can be made! Clearly you can see how heinous that is! Think of the children investors!
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: February 16, 2018, 11:31:10 pm »

I’d like to say “they should have done like CA”, but really I don’t think it was possible to fix DoW 3 without rebuilding the engine

I wonder what this’ll mean for “make war not love” (or if it’s because of it)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: February 16, 2018, 11:43:05 pm »

I’d like to say “they should have done like CA”, but really I don’t think it was possible to fix DoW 3 without rebuilding the engine

I wonder what this’ll mean for “make war not love” (or if it’s because of it)

Nothing really so far. It's part of the event but this year it's total hours played across multiple games (Endless Space 2, Warhammer 2, Dawn of War 3 and Company of Heroes 2) unlocking rewards when hour thresholds are reached. Dawn of War 3 is on a 66% discount though.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: February 17, 2018, 09:57:16 am »

I feel like DoW3 has been in every damn sale in the last six months or so, keeps popping up on humble bundle too. They were really desperately trying to sell that thing, at any price it seems. I'd like to see how much did they go in the red on it and what that would possibly mean for future big name RTS games. Since after DoW and C&C there really isn't much besides SC and WC and those won't be seeing any sequels anytime soon I think.
AS - IG

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: February 17, 2018, 10:28:43 am »

I feel like DoW3 has been in every damn sale in the last six months or so, keeps popping up on humble bundle too. They were really desperately trying to sell that thing, at any price it seems. I'd like to see how much did they go in the red on it and what that would possibly mean for future big name RTS games. Since after DoW and C&C there really isn't much besides SC and WC and those won't be seeing any sequels anytime soon I think.
There's rumours going around of a possible WC3 HD, due to Blizzard calling in former WC3 pros for some NDA-bound event at Blizzard.
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 824