Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 954672 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #11055 on: February 04, 2019, 10:28:42 am »

“Of course we want your genes, we totally want to be absolutely trash against anything that comes close to us. No,no, it’s fine, I guess we’ll have to eat something that DOESNT skip the 4th and 5th phases of a turn”
We didn't want to eat you anyway, bak'a...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #11056 on: February 04, 2019, 10:32:15 am »

The Kroot are expressly forbidden to eat Tau and agreed to that as part* of their thanks for the Tau saving Pech (the Kroot homeworld) from Orks, I'm not sure about the other auxilia races.

Kroot eating Tau would probably not change much, similar to when they eat humans. Too middling a race to make much difference, unlike naturally psychic ones or unusually strong ones or poisonous ones. Kroot that ate Vespid would probably become less independent and eventually grow chitin and/or wings for example as the generations progressed.

Chaos and Tyranids are unique in that they alter the Kroot now rather than their children and grandchildren.

*The other part is extremely favourable mercenary arrangements.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #11057 on: February 04, 2019, 10:57:51 am »

Now that I think of it, the Tau skip the 2nd Phase (Psychic) as well. They’re basically playing 1/2 the game everyone else is.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11058 on: February 04, 2019, 10:59:41 am »

Who needs that shit when you have ALL THESE GUNS.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11059 on: February 04, 2019, 11:03:26 am »

There's also the risk of a Kroot eating an Ethereal and giving the mind-control game away; even if they couldn't control Tau directly, the phenomenon itself could lead to troublesome questions from the other castes. The same might be asked of an Ethereal-specific ban on eating Tau, leaving the species-wide ban as the alternative with the smallest potential for disaster.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11060 on: February 04, 2019, 01:50:10 pm »

Time to deep strike some terminators.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11061 on: February 04, 2019, 02:39:16 pm »

Time to deep strike some terminators.

HA HA! I thot tha’ was a bush? It wuz me group go Ork Kommandos!
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11062 on: February 04, 2019, 02:48:38 pm »

I assume that CREEEEEED is a bane of Tau on the tabletop, particularly.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11063 on: February 04, 2019, 05:38:13 pm »

I assume that CREEEEEED is a bane of Tau ALL FOES on the tabletop, particularly.

Fixed.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11064 on: February 04, 2019, 05:53:30 pm »

I see your guns and raise you a deep-striking carnifex pack of stealers/broodlord Christ they keep ruining this army fucking Biotitan Trygon Prime, I guess? Shit, Tyranids have to use small titans to get shit done.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11065 on: February 04, 2019, 06:44:00 pm »

More guns. All the guns.
If one squad gets bogged down in melee, the next squad vaporizes them and their attackers.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11066 on: February 04, 2019, 07:19:36 pm »

Tau gunlines are bullshit but I also have a Chaos army with Ahriman in it- GOD-FUCKING-DAMNIT GW STOP RUINING THE THINGS I LOVE, YOU LIMEY FUCKS!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11067 on: February 04, 2019, 08:12:43 pm »

Tau gunlines are bullshit but I also have a Chaos army with Ahriman in it- GOD-FUCKING-DAMNIT GW STOP RUINING THE THINGS I LOVE, YOU LIMEY FUCKS!

The crimes of GW know no bounds.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11068 on: February 04, 2019, 08:34:32 pm »

Yeah, be me running a KSons army and I see Ahriman across the table constantly leading a daemon soup or DP brigade or cultist swarm. 'Cos y'know, fuck flavor, people wanna win.

Also Tau do plenty in the 5th phase of the game. It's just that it happens to also be shooting.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #11069 on: February 04, 2019, 08:54:58 pm »

There's also the risk of a Kroot eating an Ethereal and giving the mind-control game away; even if they couldn't control Tau directly, the phenomenon itself could lead to troublesome questions from the other castes. The same might be asked of an Ethereal-specific ban on eating Tau, leaving the species-wide ban as the alternative with the smallest potential for disaster.
>Kroot eats Ethereal
>Kroot now rules Tau
>IT WAS EVIL MIND CONTROL ALL ALONG
TAKE THAT YOU BLUEBERRY FUCKS, YOU WERE EVIL ALL ALONG!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 824