Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 944602 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

Wish we could produce a couple millions for that guy to make a whole feature film. That's the level of quality and commitment everything related to WH should be done (hatefully glaring at you DoW3).
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Realised I forgot to share this here when it came out a few days ago: Battle begins at breakfast.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile

I have discovered If the Emperor Had A Text-to-Speech Device and it is glorious

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cawl, why won't our child stop crying

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Is this the all-warhammer thread, or just 40k? Is there a fantasy thread?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this the all-warhammer thread, or just 40k? Is there a fantasy thread?

There's no fantasy thread, so generally all warhammer related stuff is discussed here.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

Just caught up to the latest Gaunt's Ghosts book, great series obvo, has some ups and downs but excellent military sci fi over all.

Started reading Ciaphas Cain. It's good! but it's also a hard left from GG lol.

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I've never had access to anything beyond Straight Silver. Does the series have more ups or downs beyond that point? Because to me it started to feel like it was dragging.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 01:37:04 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I've never had access to anything beyond Straight Silver. Does the series have more ups or downs beyond that point? Because to me it started to feeling like it was dragging.
Yes, at least in my opinion. Necromunda, traitor general, and anything involving try again Bragg has stuck with me years after I read them

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

Anything with Cain is a good ride!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

I really enjoyed the Commissar Cain novels I've read, but haven't read the latest two I believe.  The contrast from the normal grimdark really makes them fun to read.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

This just in, I've reconnected with a Guard player, a Orkz/Death Guard player, and a Necrons/Primaris/Tau/DG player, with a potential Thousand Sons player in the wings.

I'm currently running Tyranids and I have a bunch of Marines that I've been considering running as either Raven Guard or some sort of Chaos force.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

This just in, I've reconnected with a Guard player, a Orkz/Death Guard player, and a Necrons/Primaris/Tau/DG player, with a potential Thousand Sons player in the wings.

I'm currently running Tyranids and I have a bunch of Marines that I've been considering running as either Raven Guard or some sort of Chaos force.
That's a solid roster, though I can't get over my prejudices against Necrons, Primaris & Tau. DG are cool though

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

So I'm actually going up against the Guard, 750 points. He's bringing 2 Company Commanders, 4 infantry squads with flamers, and two Leman Russes with Sponson and Hull Heavy Flamers.

I'm bringing Tyranids so you can understand how boned I am. Counts as, I have two Trygon bases, four Carnifexes, a shitpile of gaunts and stealers, a Tyrant, about nine warriors, and 3 Neuro/Venom/Zoanthropes.

Anyone got some advice for me to circumvent his piles of autohits?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 824