Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971683 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.
« Reply #12300 on: October 31, 2023, 04:36:38 pm »

AL vet just wants to grill.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12301 on: November 01, 2023, 11:29:02 am »

do you think there's a chaos god of cheese, or would that just be nurgle by way of fermentation and decay and whatnot? Individual ones for each type of cheese, for some kind of chaos cheese pantheon?

Cheese for the cheese gods, mozz for the mozz thrones

let the galaxy brie
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12302 on: November 01, 2023, 11:35:12 am »

Ogryn are way too big for a marine to pass as one imo, the size isn't even close, plus the wonky proportions of an ogryn which a marine doesn't have. An ogryn's head is almost the size of a marine's torso kind of difference, they have short legs, long arms and often tusks or partially ossified head growths. Marines are basically human but wide and tall, ogryn are literally ogres rather than being humans but even wider and taller.

Marines do pass for things like Goliaths and other genetically/chemically altered labourers and soldiers. You might even be able to pass off the black carapace interface ports for the similar ports used by other humans in the setting. Short marines can even pass as just normal humans. Marines are weirdly bulky, but a lot of them are under 7" and within the nominal range of baseline humanity.

Obviously marines have gotten taller and wider over the years, as they got flanderised into being bigger and bigger for some reason, but ogryn are still much bigger.

do you think there's a chaos god of cheese, or would that just be nurgle by way of fermentation and decay and whatnot? Individual ones for each type of cheese, for some kind of chaos cheese pantheon?

Cheese for the cheese gods, mozz for the mozz thrones

let the galaxy brie

Jokes aside, no, it's not the sort of thing chaos gods embody. Cheese would arguably fall under Slaanesh as a food item with associations of decadence more than Nurgle, but really no individual food types are linked to them. There's no emotional weight to making cheese and it's not representative of the inevitable slide into entropy.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12303 on: November 01, 2023, 01:10:53 pm »

But, in theory, anything is possible in the Warp.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12304 on: November 01, 2023, 03:53:55 pm »

A Slanneshi gourmand, but rather than eating for the sake of eating, they cook ever more elaborate and decadent meals for the sake of honing their craft. And then toss the food into the dumpster once its finished to start all over again.

Their rival, the Khornate cook, who is just Pepino Spaghetti.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12305 on: November 01, 2023, 05:19:18 pm »

A Slanneshi gourmand, but rather than eating for the sake of eating, they cook ever more elaborate and decadent meals for the sake of honing their craft. And then toss the food into the dumpster once its finished to start all over again.

Their fetish is compelling people to eat irresistible food straight from the dumpster.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12306 on: November 01, 2023, 05:26:21 pm »

Nah, they lock the dumpster. Why would anyone eat if it's not PERFECT?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12307 on: November 01, 2023, 05:35:08 pm »

Dip it in preservatives and then feed it to the masses.

And not just edible stuff. everything
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12308 on: November 01, 2023, 10:17:04 pm »

Honestly, there's potential for a Black Crusade planet here.

Slaaneshi aristocracy that takes most of the food to make elaborate art dishes, hold feasts and otherwise engage in decadent and/or perfectionist acts with food, lead by this hyper artisan who's a bit of a cocktease in that they make these near perfect dishes but don't let anyone eat them because they aren't perfect and to serve anything less than perfect would be disgraceful. This eternal temptation has driven the other nobles of the planet into a state of frenzy because they're chasing the food related climax their lord refuses to give them, resulting in failed efforts to make the perfect dish to sate that unfulfilled desire, and attempts to drown out that desire with sheer volume of food.

Meanwhile the masses who labour and slave for gruel under the threat of the lash to fund the decadence of the elite have begun to side with a Khornate agitator, a butcher turned demagogue who drives the masses to rebel against their masters. May or may not also be in favour of literally eating the rich.

PCs arrive, pick a side, do what Black Crusade PCs do (kill a looooot of people,) get some sort of contribution to their warband and move on.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12309 on: November 02, 2023, 09:08:37 am »

The cooks of Khorne always RIP AND TEAR the pasta before boiling. This is but one of their heresies.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12310 on: November 02, 2023, 11:23:29 am »

The cooks of Khorne always RIP AND TEAR the pasta before boiling. This is but one of their heresies.

As an Italian, you sir may have my lols for this.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12311 on: November 03, 2023, 09:37:43 am »

Khornate vegetarian. Corn demands a life of suppering and grain.

Tzeentch local laksa soup noodle stall owner. After eating the same bowl of noodles for 15 years, you are their most loyal customer. One day they ask you with a mischievous smile; "do you want to know a secret? Everyone here says my laksa is just as good as it was 15 years ago. But did you know? I've changed the recipe ever so lightly every day."

Slaanesh michelin 3 star restaurant. Serving rancid ricotta and chef kiss foam.

Nurgle roadkill BBQ. Actually pretty good if you have the stomach for it.

Honestly, there's potential for a Black Crusade planet here.

Slaaneshi aristocracy that takes most of the food to make elaborate art dishes, hold feasts and otherwise engage in decadent and/or perfectionist acts with food, lead by this hyper artisan who's a bit of a cocktease in that they make these near perfect dishes but don't let anyone eat them because they aren't perfect and to serve anything less than perfect would be disgraceful. This eternal temptation has driven the other nobles of the planet into a state of frenzy because they're chasing the food related climax their lord refuses to give them, resulting in failed efforts to make the perfect dish to sate that unfulfilled desire, and attempts to drown out that desire with sheer volume of food.

Meanwhile the masses who labour and slave for gruel under the threat of the lash to fund the decadence of the elite have begun to side with a Khornate agitator, a butcher turned demagogue who drives the masses to rebel against their masters. May or may not also be in favour of literally eating the rich.

PCs arrive, pick a side, do what Black Crusade PCs do (kill a looooot of people,) get some sort of contribution to their warband and move on.
I've long thought about doing a oneshot where the players are Ogryns defending a fish and chip shop from the predations of a sophisticated Imperial noble's aspirations to level the whole area and make it a beacon of fine dining
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 09:40:01 am by Loud Whispers »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12312 on: November 03, 2023, 09:39:57 am »

The tire marks are what make it good.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12313 on: November 03, 2023, 09:41:28 am »

The tire marks are what make it good.
"Waiter? There isn't a fly in my dish."

"Apologies, sir," [lovingly garnishes fillet with dead fly]

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12314 on: November 03, 2023, 01:58:06 pm »

On an unrelated topic, because it's just been Halloween, I found myself thinking about horror one shot ideas for RPGs, and one idea I came up with was for WHFRP.

Premise is the PCs are a group of travellers who take refuge in an abandoned village during a storm, only for it to turn out the village isn't actually abandoned, but that the locals have degenerated into ghouls as a result of famine induced cannibalism. The players then need to reinforce a building to survive until daylight drives the horde of ravenous ghouls back into their cellars and barns for the day, or the storm breaks and fleeing becomes possible.

Classic zombie siege stuff. Nothing complicated, but then survival horror doesn't need to be.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 824