Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Read the post, then tell me what you think.

Fits perfectly.
Looks good.
Ok I guess.
Not convinced.
This is bad.
This is very bad.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Please vote on this, its important - Human Guilds  (Read 5687 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Please vote on this, its important - Human Guilds
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2014, 03:19:53 pm »

I wanted to include a crematory, just like most other races have, for general item cleanup and stuff burning. Not guild related. This and the smelter will have wood to coke/ash.

I will think of something for the Healers guild... just needs a new name. And it might create dependancies, if the chemist does make the blackpowder for the gunsmith. That would be odd, because the gunsmith is not part of the healers guild.

Endovior: Masons guild is the only guild with such a wall, it makes it more distinct (?). Maybe I will change it.

Jewelers with filled corners, I thought about that. I tried without, looked ok. But since I got a comment about it within minutes of posting it, I might rethink that.

Got two more done:

EDIT: Better?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 03:24:51 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2014, 03:28:20 pm »

hMMM. This seems really cool and all, but Humans will definitely need some way to mass-produce coins. Some version of the Coin Mint maybe? Or are you only supposed to get coins through trading and workshops.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2014, 03:39:12 pm »

I already posted a coin mint. Engineers Guild, northern extension. First thing the Engineers learn is to build a mint. :)

Third last:

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2014, 03:58:04 pm »

This looks awesome :)

I'm personally in the no-doors camp.  I like actual walls around everything, and it looks weird when the doors don't line up.

Healer's Guild-wise, you could have them as a 'Hospital', but otherwise functionally the same as the other guildhalls,  if you think it won't confuse people too much.  A university could be done in the same way, with wings to cover any particularly intellectual or high-tech workshops.  I personally see the archaeologist fitting better in an academic guildhall, and stuff like making blackpowder could be done there too.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Endovior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2014, 04:06:05 pm »

If there are actual walls around, say, the Masons Guild, then you might consider adding internal doors, just so it looks like people can actually get inside.  It's not a huge problem, though.

Jewelers Guild looks a lot better with the corner candles, yeah.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2014, 04:06:54 pm »

Will there be magma versions of the smith's guild?
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2014, 04:11:16 pm »

There will be no magma version of anything for the humans, except the hardcoded stuff. Humans are not that good at metalworking and dont know how to harness magma.

I added doors to the masons and carpenters guild designs.

University I already have another idea for. And it would be another enormous amount of work to make an univerity with wings... I mean, the guilds are 5 base buildings, 12 guildhalls with 5 upgrades each, and 4 extentions for each of the 12 halls. So... 113 buildings. Doing that again for a university? No thanks, not any time soon. :P

Second last design done:

PS: Maybe change unravelling machine to weaving machine, and allow the extraction of gold, silver and mithril strands for clothing.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:13:31 pm by Meph »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2014, 04:18:12 pm »

There will be no magma version of anything for the humans, except the hardcoded stuff. Humans are not that good at metalworking and dont know how to harness magma.
I sorta suspected that. :) I'll actually sort of like that. This way I won't feel like every unit of fuel was a waste, since I could have theoretically been using magma. :)
My Area

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2014, 04:23:28 pm »

Magma Smelter and Magma Forge will still be a thing. I cant remove those, sadly enough. ^^

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2014, 04:25:13 pm »

I really like how each one is distinnct, instead of identical cookie-cutter buildings. Also, I like the guildhall training idea from a while back, perhaps make it an alternative to the university. Like, the training at the university costs coins, while the guild training is less efficient, and uses guild-appropiate materials.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2014, 04:28:22 pm »

Magma Smelter and Magma Forge will still be a thing. I cant remove those, sadly enough. ^^
I'll just ignore those. :) I plan on making a very guild centered fortress as soon as this is released, and do as little outside of the guilds as possible.
My Area

Azuraal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2014, 04:34:01 pm »

I will think of something for the Healers guild... just needs a new name. And it might create dependancies, if the chemist does make the blackpowder for the gunsmith. That would be odd, because the gunsmith is not part of the healers guild.
How about Natural Philosophers Guild?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2014, 04:45:49 pm »

How about Natural Philosophers Guild?
Academics. Its shorter.  :)

I really like how each one is distinnct, instead of identical cookie-cutter buildings. Also, I like the guildhall training idea from a while back, perhaps make it an alternative to the university. Like, the training at the university costs coins, while the guild training is less efficient, and uses guild-appropiate materials.
Thanks. :) I tried hard to make them look different. It gets quite hard to do, because its 12 buildings that necessarily need to have the same dimensions.

No decided about the skill training. I kinda have the university and would like to avoid adding bloat, doing the same feature twice. Especially since I could in theory just copy the dwarven library (which fits humans just as well) and have a third source of skill training. -.- Currently humans do nothing with books, ink, glue, paper, all that stuff.

Last design:

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2014, 04:46:23 pm »

Request, reaction to deconstruct guild - to aquire an item to rebuild it, so i can move it if necessary,

or will gold be a real non issue in a midlevel fort?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2014, 04:54:25 pm »

Request, reaction to deconstruct guild - to aquire an item to rebuild it, so i can move it if necessary,

or will gold be a real non issue in a midlevel fort?
This cant be done. Deconstructing things is not a reaction. And I very much hope that gold will always be an issue, otherwise my game design sucks.

Obligatory group picture:

Edit: I'll take my break now. That took a while.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 05:29:53 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5