Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: A Halo RTD: Mission One {8|8}  (Read 7706 times)

RLD 0205-4

• Bay Watcher
  • Better known as Roland.
    • View Profile
A Halo RTD: Mission One {8|8}
« on: June 27, 2014, 06:56:21 pm »

A Halo RTD
Greetings Spartans,
Name's Roland, and I'm the shipboard A.I. here on Infinity, I practically run the place, so you know, no big.

Orders came down from the Commander this morning, all new Spartans need to be made combat ready ASAP. Sorry to throw you straight into the deep end but, your not new to the UNSC, surely you know how to swim by now?

We'll begin by running through saved simulations of missions performed by your fellow Spartans IVs, Sydney Team. The simulation will begin shortly, use the time left to check your requisitions and load-outs, and make sure All your info is up to date in your data-pad. See you in the simulations soon Spartan. Oh, and welcome to Infinity.

Spoiler:  What? Why? How? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Applications (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Form (click to show/hide)

Please look at your name in the list below, the colours are place-holder and if you wish to have a specific colour, please let me know.
Spoiler:  Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Waitlist (click to show/hide)

I am leaving it to you to come up with a team name(s). Figure it out amongst yourselves.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 01:46:02 am by RLD 0205-4 »

RLD 0205-4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Halo RTD: Greetings Spartans
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 06:56:54 pm »

All new Spartans are given 10,000 credits for initial requisitions
Below you will find a stock-take of all the items that are currently available for you to requisition. More will undoubtedly become available later, but for now this is it:
Spoiler:  Weapons (click to show/hide)
All Weapons come with one 'clip' and four reloads except the target designator. Additional 'clips' can be purchased for 10% of the initial cost.

Armour Abilities all have a 'cool-down' of at least 3 turns. (Depending on how much happens in those turns may be more, or in rare circumstances, less.)
Spoiler:  Armour Abilities (click to show/hide)

I would do the same for Armour, but not only are there none cheap enough for you right now, but it would take ages to do a table containing all of them I will upload a .pdf soon-ish with the armour info inside.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 07:44:00 pm by RLD 0205-4 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 07:42:50 pm »

Name: Matthew "Knives" Stewart
Appearance: Short, lean, and covered in scars. He has blond hair, grey eyes, a large hooked nose, and a weak jaw.
Military background: He signed up for the army the moment he turned 18 because he wanted to kill things. He killed a brute once by throwing knives at it, and this seemed to impress someone so they made him a spartan.
Armour: Standard Recruit
Weapons:M6H6 Magnum, 2 grenades
Armour abilities: Active camo
Buy the active camo, and see if I can requisition some throwing knives.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 08:23:22 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 08:02:41 pm »

Name: Jack Gurney
Appearance: Average height, brown hair and eyes.
Military Background: Fought on Earth, Impressed command when he helped a small group of civilians survive the Flood
Weapons: Magnum, DMR
Armour Abilities: Hologram

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 08:06:41 pm »

Name: Oskar "Grey" Hartmann
Appearance: A somewhat plain looking man sporting a dark grey beard and a completely bald head, he has grey eyes as well. He nonetheless has a rather commanding voice and tall, powerful physique. He has no obvious scars. He has rather pronounced wrinkles on his forehead and at the corners of his eyes, but otherwise looks like a relatively youngish man still.
Military Background: UNSC defence force, sergeant. Served ten years until he was chosen for this program.
Armour: standard Recruit armour set
Weapons:  M6H6 Magnum. MA5D Assault Rifle. 2 grenades
Armour Abilities: None

((I hope you don't mind if I never really got into Halo. I'll browse the wiki if lore ever becomes a problem, though.))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 08:20:55 pm by Pancaek »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 08:26:46 pm »

Name: Holston 'Maverick' Jackson
Appearance: Holston stands about six feet, eight inches with very short brown hair, and murky green eyes. He has a rather muscular build, though he has a rather strange gait caused by his years spent on board the UNSC Valkyrie as acting Commander, the ships gravity was always kept slightly below Earth standards due to the fact that lower gravity better facilitated travel, and in some cases work within the ship.
Military Background: Holston spent ten years in the UNSC Navy starting out as a Crewman Recruit to Ensign over the spawn of four years to achieve the rank Ensign, along with his role as commanding officer of the UNSC Valkyrie, a Stalwart class scout frigate. He proceeded to serve as commander of the Valkyrie for six years undertaking numerous reconnaissance, and exploration missions alongside over three dozen combat engagements. At the end of the six years when he had the chance to volunteer for the Spartan IV program he decided to give up his command of the Valkyrie to take part in the project.
Armour: Standard
Weapons: M6H6 Magnum
Armour Abilities: Cloaking

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 08:31:45 pm »

Name: Jason "Jase" Caldwell
Appearance: Jason stands at 6' 7" after the augmentations, with a very muscular physique earned from hours spent in the gym. He has brown hair and eyes, with fair skin. His right cheek has a jagged burn/scar stretching about an inch from below his eye. He also has the standard ODST tattoo on his right bicep.
Military Background: Jason enlisted and volunteered for the UNSC ODSTs at the age of 18. He caught the attention of UNSC High Command while fighting on the Ark, where he received the scar on his cheek from the energy sword of a Sangheili that he got too close to after his squad thought it was down. He was able to put a bullet through its skull before it could finish him off. On the way back to the dropship, his squad leader was taken out by a Kig-yar(Jackal) sniper, but Jason was able to lead his squad back to the ship amidst the Flood and Covenant forces that were clashing in the last stages of the Ark Conflict.
Armour: Recruit
Weapons: DMR, M6H6 Magnum.
Armor Abilities: Thruster Jets
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 12:07:42 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

RLD 0205-4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 09:19:11 pm »

((I hope you don't mind if I never really got into Halo. I'll browse the wiki if lore ever becomes a problem, though.))
It shouldn't be too big an issue. If all else fails, just Google it.

Buy the active camo, and see if I can requisition some throwing knives.
Probably should have been clearer, but all requisitions have already been made. Therefore you already have the camo. As for the knives... you already have one, but I will let you purchase a second for 250 credits.

Okay all, that's Five Spartans. I will wait a few more hours to see if we can get to 8, but if not, you will all be a single Fireteam. Any ideas on what you will call yourselves?

blazing glory

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 09:25:54 pm »

Reserved.

Will make a sheet soon.

Name:Starn Gundar
Appearance:Gray hair,tall and neither thin nor fat,walks with a slight limp,rather fit.
Military Background:Joined the UNSC Marine Corps at 34 because civilian life just wasn't doing it for him,he spent several years in the Marine Corps before volunteering for the ODSTs and spending another few years there until a Mgalekgolo almost shot his entire leg off,then ended up in hospital for several years until his leg was almost fully healed,he has then decided to join the Spartans.
Armour:Standard recruit
Weapons:M45D Tactical Shotgun
Armour abilities:None.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:04:21 pm by blazing glory »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 09:26:25 pm »

Team Rhino? Wait, that's taken. How about Team Griffin? Or Team Carp?

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 09:40:23 pm »

Name: Charles 'Spade' Milton

Appearance: Charles currently stands at six feet, seven inches with short black hair and brown eyes. Like all other Spartans, he is muscular and has a few scars in his right arm and waist.

Military Background: Charles enlisted in the UNSC Army at the age of eighteen, wanting to help out in the war after a relative of his had been killed in Reach. During the battle on Eatht, he and a few soldiers managed to hold out against the flood that landed on Voi, successfully buying enough time to evacuate most of the the civilians and the wounded trapped in the city. At the end of the battle, only he and another soldier who was heavily wounded was left standing before managing to make their escape. It was due to this action that he was selected for the program.

Weapons: BR, M6H6 Magnum
Armour Abilities: Thruster Pack

Military Background:Uhhhhh what branches are there?
I think we have the UNSC Army, Air Force, Marines, and Navy.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 09:43:02 pm by Crimson »

blazing glory

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 09:42:25 pm »

The thing is I don't really know anything about Halo,so I can't really make a Military Background.

RLD 0205-4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 09:47:02 pm »

The thing is I don't really know anything about Halo,so I can't really make a Military Background.
Just think of the regular army then. You have the Army(duh), Navy, ODSTs (Orbital Drop Shock Troopers), and Marines. There is also ONI, the Office of Naval Intelligence. Think CIA.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 09:52:44 pm »

How did I forget about the ODSTs. Can I change my character's military background to ODSTs instead of Marines?

RLD 0205-4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 09:59:19 pm »

How did I forget about the ODSTs. Can I change my character's military background to ODSTs instead of Marines?
Sure, not a problem. ODSTs are awesome.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7